Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Cyberpunk RP. Long posts, character development, good times.

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Cyberpunk RP. Long posts, character development, good times.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:06 am

Hi everybody I’m looking to do an RP based on a world I tried to make happen ages ago but it failed due to lack of interest. It’s a Cyberpunk setting that takes place on Earth and Mars. In the RP you’ll play a Recovery Agent, basically a Bounty Hunter type character.

The RP will work in a similar fashion to how all my RPs work. My character will give you a job and then you write about your character completing it. Simple stuff. The idea is each post is kind of a self contained story or episode but each post comes together to make a season.

I’m looking for a maximum of three RPers for this, the whole thing will be very relaxed and chilled, I expect about one post a week and you can expect the same from me. If you like RPs that have a lot of rapid posts this one isn’t for you. That’s not to say the plot will be slow moving. The set up will allow us to move quickly with limited posts. I have run similar RPs to this where RPers have collaborated on posts and they have had a lot of fun with that. I’m also open to the idea of people having multiple characters.

As for the world it’s self. Most of the RP will take place on a terraformed Mars. Earth is a nightmarish post apocalyptic shit hole while the only other place is Titan, a mining colony on one of Saturn’s moons.

This is Scifi but not in a Star Trek kind of way, it’s more like Blade Runner or Cowboy Beebop. The tag line for Cyberpunk works is High Tech and Low Lives which I think sums it up nicely.

Anyway if you're interested please post here so I can get in touch when/if the RP goes up. I am only going to need three RPers and they will decided based on the strength of their CS. So don’t worry if you look here and more than three people have posted.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bosch
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Cyberpunk RP. Long posts, character development, good ti

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prisk on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:12 am

I like the idea of writing independent flash fiction for each post. Collaborations and multiple characters should compensate for the lack of 'instantaneous interaction' in this format, whatever that means... hah. However, it would be nice to read some specifics about the setting, even if I've seen my fair share of cyberpunk stuff.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Prisk
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:37 am

I think it goes without saying that I totally want in on this, just cuz it's you Bosch. And is therefore guaranteed to be awesome!! :)

P.S. Don't worry, I'm still working on my PM reply. I had the flu over the weekend so I am just now getting my brain to recover, but I am still just as interested and excited.

Selene Durlan
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

From the looks of everything... it appears to be a resurrection of Midnight Run. I wonder if I could try my hand at this.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:06 am

Prisk- Yep specifics are what it's all about.

So the RP is really a collection of various ideas. If you have ever seen Cowboy Beebop then you’ll know how Mars will feel. The idea is Terraforming can only take place in the craters of the planet. This because the Terraforming process can only take place using Atmo Rings. The Atmo rings circle to cities and keep pumping atmosphere into the cities. Out side the safety of the ring you’re just standing Mars. That means you need a space suit.

Mars was first explored by the corporations and they are in control of their own areas. Some cities are wholly owned by a single corporations while others are home to multiple industries. There is a form of democracy and a police force but these are pretty much just for show. The MSS (Martian Security Service) is really just a Bounty Notification service.

In the tradition of Cyberpunk there will be augmentations and Synths which are robots used for manual labour. This being Cyberpunk Synths and their place in the world is an important plot issue I hope to develop. For the most part though they are not very intelligent.

Earth like I said is a post apocalyptic hole. Decades of war over the dwindling resources left after peak oil have left no government intact. People still live there but it’s a violent existence and everyone just wants to get off the planet. Course Mars doesn’t want them. How far people are willing to go to get off the planet.

Titan is a mining community and very industrial. I don’t know how often the plot will necessitate going there but it’s nice to have.

Please keep the questions coming.

Selene- Awesome no worries on the PM take your time. Hopefully it will turn out ok, It’ll be a lot less intense than LTODA and hopefully I can keep up with it this time.

Glad to have your interest. Anything you want to add or ask just fire me a or ask here.

Vin- You asked me tell you when I was giving Midnight Run another go. Sorry totally slipped my mind. It pretty much is but I’ve made a few changes to the setting to better handle the mechanics of the short story setting, for example the MSS is now a lot smaller.

Hope it will be good and any pointers or questions you have would be appreciated. I know you’ve done a bit of SciFi in the past.

Bosch
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:05 pm

roleplay/digital-shorts

Its still coming together but that's what I have so far. Please give me notes.

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:56 pm

I've been looking for an RP on here that is slower paced like this. If you're already full on the people you want for the workload, that is fine. PM me if you ever have another open though.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prisk on Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:17 pm

This was very interesting, but I cannot commit as it is right now, so I'll stick to reading instead. Good luck with this Bosch.

Prisk
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:52 pm

No problem, hope you enjoy it.

We're still looking for people so if this sounds like fun please get involved.

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!