Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

G'day!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

G'day!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarge on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:11 am

Hi all! My name is Sarge, which comes from a RL nickname. I know, miraculously creative considering I just joined up to a site that depends on creativity and imagination. Haha. I don't know if your member base is largely American or whatnot, but I'm an Aussie, so hopefully I'm adding a little diversity here.

I found Role Play Gateway through a Google search. I did some play-by-post role playing years ago for some time and loved it. That site kinda fell of wagon, so my outlet for role playing drifted away with it. I was thinking about getting back into but had no idea where to go. So tonight I 'Googled' it. A few places came up, and after having a look around, I decided this may just be the one for me! Looks like a great place.

I am interested in basically all kinds of RP, though I do tend to favour a lot of the modern settings. I'll have a go at just about anything with characters that leap out at me as interesting though. I love creating chemistry (be it positive or negative) between characters. In one respect I'm less of a storyteller and more of a character-actor type. If that makes a lick of sense. Not that I do that consciously, but it just tends to be more my style. I'm all about character interaction. I love a good story though! I don't mean I sacrifice the story... Damn, I hope not!

Outside the RP World, my hobbies revolve around music and film. The film thing kind of links I think, as the role play game is basically literary acting. At least that's how I look at it, and I love the idea of playing different characters, like a real actor! Haha.

I read a topic on things to think about including when introducing yourself here. The last thing said was "Do we get cookies for looking through your thread and saying hello?" I cannot offer cookies, since I'm struggling to fit them through the CD drive (that's how they're sent, right??), but I CAN give you my eternal gratitude and appreciation for welcoming me. On second thoughts, cookies would be so much better. Sorry. :(

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sarge
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: G'day!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:16 pm

Eh'o there Sarge.

Welcome to RPG. Our user base here...spans across the world. We have users from Canada, the UK, the US, Holland, China, Japan, Spain, Germany, even Australia. You're adding to the diversity that's already here. :D

Nice nickname by the way, I was instantly reminded of RedvsBlue, heard of them? A machinima using Halo? It's a good series, that's stretched to 10 seasons thus far. The story, the action, and the characters are really good.

I agree with you on the character-actor type. I tend to think of myself as sort of like that as well, and on the idea that roleplaying is like acting, I couldn't agree with you more. That's also why film is one of my interests too.

There's no need to apologize, your eternal gratitude and appreciation will suffice. So, on behalf of RPG's users, we're glad to have you here at RPG, RolePlayGateway.
Last edited by VindicatedPurpose on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Re: G'day!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarge on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:02 pm

Thanks very much, VP!

Yeah! I know about RedvsBlue. Hilarious stuff! Don't expect any humor from me to rival that Sarge, haha.

I'd expect a lot of members here would be right into film also. Just makes sense for those reasons we covered. Very cool that we're on the same wavelength!

Well, my eternal gratitude and appreciation you have, haha. Thanks again, it's great to be here. I can't wait to get involved in some RPG action!

Sarge
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!