Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A different kind of rp

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

A different kind of rp

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vampyre_smiles on Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:45 am

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in being part of an rp where the histories, abilities and even personalities of the other characters would be hidden. IE, the only information that would be openly shared with all the players would be how that character looks, since that is generally all one knows of someone they just met.

Of course, if I did start this project, I would strongly encourage that the players who sign up be literate, using characters with definite strengths and weaknesses. (NO Mary-Sues or Gary-Lous. No matter how strong someone is they aren't completely invinsible.) If the characters had abilities or magic or anything that could be important, it would be pmed to the GM (me, hypothetically), and then the GM would decide what powers were acceptable for the game. Luckily, I prefer magic and fantasy styles anyway, or fantasy mixed with the real world type stuff.

At the moment, I'm thinking of doing a school rp of the above style, but I'd be open to suggestion and people are free to use the idea for their own games.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

vampyre_smiles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: A different kind of rp

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:53 am

hey ya mate!

I like the idea, and would gladly join, however, i don't know for sure how active i will be, since i will go to Denmark this Saturday, and i don't have much internet connection in the house I'm going to live in. So please keep a spot for me, I'll try to get a Character sheet sent to you, and try to stay as active as possible, though i cannot promise anything for sure.

Do we make up the CS or do you already have one in mind?
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vampyre_smiles on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:09 am

I think... It should be fine. I'm not sure exactly what I want to do yet. For the public version, just put in heigh; build; eye, hair and skin colors; general clothing worn; and any distinguishing features that would be seen with their normal clothes on. For example: If they have scars up and down their back, but usually where baggy shirts that cover it, don't include it in the description. If they get caught without a shirt at some point, you point it out then.

Like I said, any extra info, just send to me in a pm. I'll start an official OOC thread when I get a few more people and have decided on a storyline.

Good luck on the move.

vampyre_smiles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:56 am

okay, I'll get working on the CS, and I'll get it sent to you. And what did you have in mind for the plot? A school based RP? could be interesting, with different races and human powered groups/gangs.

Anyways, if you want to do a school based RP then i think that we at least have a common schedule for everyone (like first periods/classes is PE, second maths, and stuff like that). And as for the plot...the start of the plot could be to get into school life, and then later there could occur events (like fights between groups of people, teachers could "disappear", and stuff alike). I would like to discuss this over the PM.

So Yea, I'll get working on the CS now (as I'm going to use a CS from another RP, which requires lots of descriptions).

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:27 am

I would be interested in something like this. I'll work on typing up a Character Sheet if that's okay with you?
my girlies;;
laurenn ;; larii ;; laurie ;; charlie ;; becky ;; beth ;; illy ;; sessi ;; rachael ;; kiers

Image Image Image
may i waste your time too?

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vampyre_smiles on Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:44 am

Sure thing. ^^

vampyre_smiles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elsy Alice on Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:58 pm

That's a great idea. I'd join.

If this is going to have supernatural features in it, they should be incorporated into the plot, but I'll settle with anything.

Elsy Alice
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!