Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Digital Shorts

Digital Shorts

a part of “Digital Shorts”, a fictional universe by Bosch.

A cyberpunk RP about a group of bounty hunters. The focus is on short stories and Character Development.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Digital Shorts”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Digital Shorts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:50 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Digital Shorts"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bosch
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Digital Shorts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:03 pm

Hello everybody so the RP is now live. I'm looking for a max of three people to RP with and the Roster will be decided based on the strengths of the Character Sheets I receive.

I reckon this could be a lot of fun and I've changed the name to Digital Shorts as it will hopefully underline the notion that I'm looking for people who can tell a good story not necessarily with the same character.

Anyway hopefully it takes off!

Oh and I'd recommend listening to a lot of Daft Punk or Lazerhawk.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bosch
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:49 pm

Personally, Blackmill is on my playlist.

I was surfing the web for a bit and I suddenly thought of the name Jacqueline Brady for no reason at all. It was like one those things that just enters your head, completely disconnected from any other thought you previously had. Then I went and checked RPG and found the RP has been set up, then I read through the intro page and found the name.

Just plain weird.

Anyway Bosch, what's the cutoff date for Character sheets to come in?

And do you have any preferences for them?
Last edited by VindicatedPurpose on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:19 pm

This is absolutely brilliant.

While Cyberpunk isn't really my thing, and I don't feel like I could create an interesting character in this sort of universe, I did feel the need to remark upon how well you've set the whole thing up.

The universe is very real, very gritty, and fantastically filme-noire. The people that inhabit it aren't very strange or innovative, but in this sort of RP, they don't need to be spectacularly divergent from the real world in order to set the universe up to succeed. Further, the emphasis on story creation allows you to really have a good to at character creation and development over the course of a long, twisted story.

All in all, this is absolutely spot on; no sarcasm whatsoever.
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:59 pm

Vin- ha that's so weird. I wonder if there's a Jacqueline Brady in the news or something maybe I picked up the name and didn't realise. Freaky.

Blackmill are pretty cool I've never heard anything by them but I'm listening now. Fits the theme that's for sure.

I have no preferences for characters. Just that they work for RSI. Also remember you need to submit two characters one main one and one support. I'll fix the intro CS section to reflect that.

I'm in no rush, lets say Sunday.

XShishioX- Thanks and please don't let the genere put you off. Get involved if you want to. The Noir angle is an intrestring and I suppose in many ways that's what cyberpunk is SciFi noir. I'm hoping it works out. Thanks for the support.

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:40 pm

So our main character is a recovery agent who goes out on missions, and our support character is the person that stays behind at the CP who receives the order from your character and relays that to the field agent. What else does the support character manage?

And I'm guessing the roles can't be swapped, for example the main is in base, while the support out in the field.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:04 pm

Correct, the idea is the primary character works in the field, while the support provides tech support from RSI. My reasoning is the support character can act as guide for the character in the field. You know a voice in the ear kind of deal. The field character will be skilled at actually apprehending the targets while the support will be vital in locating the target. The characters should reflect their differing skills.

Prephaps using the word primary was wrong. I should have said field and tech support. Both characters work together to achieve the goals. It'll also be intrestring to see how this set up works with collabs.

The relationship between your two characters can be whatever you choose, professional, friendly, antagonistic. A switch up is possible and it will be interesting to see fish out of water scenarios, but prephaps I'm showing my hand now.

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:59 pm

On augmentations, you don't happen to have a list of them already, do you? Or is this going to be a shot in the dark thing?

So what I got from the front was - a bionic arm will obviously replace a lost flesh arm. Is it gonna be like the Forever War? They re-grew limbs and they could even see the muscle fibers and etc. (The image was very profound.) And the augmentation will come with some sort of advantage/disadvantage compared to the reference point that was the flesh arm. Like increased strength, or other obvious advantages, like a simple knife wouldn't do as much to it as it would have done to a flesh arm.

And what are your thoughts on drugs like liquid stimulants?

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:44 am

Vin- As we’re focusing on storytelling I don’t see there being much point in my providing a list of “approved” Augs. I reckon I’ll end up making a list when we get started, but for now it’s up to your own imagination. I’m willing to consider anything and I reckon most people are savvy enough to know that a character with rocket powered legs and eyes that shoot lasers is unlikely to be accepted. I made a passing reference to disruptors being more effective against heavily modified people as a way to even it up. Like I said though we’re looking for good stories and making a superman character is unlikely to result in that. I’m not saying you would. I’ve seen you write and you know what’s up.

Gosh it’s been a while since I’ve read it. Was that the bit where the female character got wounded after an accident on the ship? Anyway I’m looking at Aug quality as being a matter of expense. They can be just brutal looking things that are cheap or at the higher can be aesthetically pleasing and almost indistinguishable from the real thing. As for how they work I saw this article http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1733 ... n-strength it’s about robotic muscle that can be far more powerful than normal human muscle. The problem for me is just replacing normal muscle is not good enough as the forces involved would shatter bone that’s why an entire limb must be replaced. In the knife situation you are correct the amount of damage required to destroy an Aug is far greater than that needed to wreck a natural limb. That’s why weapon calibres have been increased, to cause greater damage to augmented individuals. I reckon tungsten rounds would also be pretty popular.

That’s a big yes to liquid stimulants. They could even be worked into an augmentation, like an Emergency Medical Augmentation that will release stimulants when it detects the need to. This of course is in addition to the normal drug trade. Addiction goes hand in hand with it though for example a support character who is addicted to Nootropics for example.

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Homesick Angel on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:51 am

So yeah, I'm sold on the potential alone. I've been looking for a cyberpunk/sci-fi roleplay for literally like a few days now. I've just sat around staring at this one talking myself into it, collecting my ideas, making sure I have the ability to... well, to not screw this up I suppose. And like Shisho said, the whole noire thing tickles my creative glands. Which may be good or bad, considering my penchant for throwing characters through the grinder, and whether or not you enjoy reading things like that.

Also, what's the ruling on other characters making cameo's in another's post? Say a bit of dialogue back at the office, or maybe a bit of aid in the field/net? Say a tech support character needs help so another techie lends him or her hand? Or I may be jumping the gun here.

Anyway, expect a pair of characters from me eventually. I like my character sheet to have a bit of style, if that's okay?

*Has an odd combination of indie-folk-pop on playlist*

Homesick Angel
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:06 am

Alright, I'll see what I can do for my CSs and you just take care of what I mess up on.

It was the bit where the main guy got his leg sliced off and was sent off on R&R. Then he could see the muscle fibers actually start to grow back. I distinctively remember the white sinews and the painful awareness that he went through and learning how to walk again. I think it was almost like regeneration if anything.

Edit: Expect my character sheets to come in on Saturday night at the earliest or Sunday evening at the latest.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:37 am

Homesick- Awesome great to have more interest. Don't worry about screwing anything anything up. I get that it's a weird wat to RP.

Yep collabs will be a part of the RP so you will be working with eachother.

No rush on the CS you have till Sunday.

Vin- Oh yeah. I'm gonna have to reread that. No worries there's no real rush. I guess cyberpunk isn't that popular a genre.

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:39 am

I know double posting is bad, I'm a scumbag. Just a quick note on CS's and pictures, I have literally no style preference and you can use whatever you want or nothing at all.

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:32 pm

Alright, my characters are in for review.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Homesick Angel on Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:50 pm

And as are mine.

Homesick Angel
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:02 am

Bosch wrote:I know double posting is bad, I'm a scumbag. Just a quick note on CS's and pictures, I have literally no style preference and you can use whatever you want or nothing at all.

On my field agent I forgot to submit the photo beforehand, I did it afterward but RPGateway says that can take up to 24 hours to show up. Characters in for review, thanks for PMing me, I figured you had shut it all down since there were already several people involved. [Though I know there is no guarantee I will be involved in the end]

I wanted to write more in my posts but I didn't want to be too long-winded and leave little for exploration in future posts. I tried my best to limit myself to the size you used for the characters you already have showing.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:59 am

I will double post so you aren't alone in doing so Bosch.

I looked in your profiles [Homesick & Vindicated] since you can look at characters before they are approved. Nicely done characters by the way.

One of you [Homesick I believe] put in youtube links to music for your characters. I liked that,but how the hell do you code a youtube link on this site? I've tried all the typical coding I knew in the past but none of it worked. [Even prior to coming here]

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Homesick Angel on Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:12 am

Oh that?

Code: Select all
[url=YOUTUBE LINK]Title[/url]

So basically Alessa's link looks like this beneath the hood:

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-CoE46ZsD0]The New Black Gold[/url] | The Miracle of Sound

Homesick Angel
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:41 am

Maybe I just had a bad link because I was doing almost exactly that for a RP before this. Never perfect though, so all is well!

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:36 am

Right folks I'll get looking over the CS ASAP.

The first post is typed and ready to go up so hopefully you all will be ready to get started by Monday.

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!