Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Don't Keep Me Blinded ((CLOSED))

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Don't Keep Me Blinded ((CLOSED))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:01 pm

Katie listened to what he said and made a face. "That's disgusting, she's going to get an STD." She said seriously. "Doesn't she realize that that's really dangerous to sleep with so many people?" she shook her head. It disgusted her a bit. She looked at Jarod surprised as he asked about how she fell for Zane. A soft little smile came to her face as she thought about Zane and the start of their relationship.

"I've known him since I was in diapers. His little sister and I are the best of friends. I never saw him as more than a bigger brother, but when he came back last year with Candace and I realized just how much he had changed... I liked him. I was sleeping over with Amelie, but she ditched me for her boyfriend and I crawled into bed with Zane because there was a thunderstorm. He was really sweet about it and we developed our relationship. He dumped Candace and went out with me." She smiled again. "He's my first actual boyfriend, and I never thought he'd hurt me like this." She admitted slowly.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forever Falling on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:21 am

Sirius Baren wrote:Katie listened to what he said and made a face. "That's disgusting, she's going to get an STD." She said seriously. "Doesn't she realize that that's really dangerous to sleep with so many people?" she shook her head. It disgusted her a bit. She looked at Jarod surprised as he asked about how she fell for Zane. A soft little smile came to her face as she thought about Zane and the start of their relationship.

"I've known him since I was in diapers. His little sister and I are the best of friends. I never saw him as more than a bigger brother, but when he came back last year with Candace and I realized just how much he had changed... I liked him. I was sleeping over with Amelie, but she ditched me for her boyfriend and I crawled into bed with Zane because there was a thunderstorm. He was really sweet about it and we developed our relationship. He dumped Candace and went out with me." She smiled again. "He's my first actual boyfriend, and I never thought he'd hurt me like this." She admitted slowly.

Jarod raised his eyebrows when the soft smile came across Katie's lips. The lips he knew were soft because of that harsh kiss he'd placed on them before. He regretted almost raping her, but he didn't regret that kiss. Then he nodded his head and listened to her story about how Katie fell in love with Zane. So he'd been in her life for years and it'd taken her that long to realize that she'd been in love with him? He wondered if he could understand that. His father said that the boys in his family always fell in love too quickly. He knew that was true, now.

"He probably didn't mean to hurt you, I mean, maybe he was in a weak state." Then he realized that hearing this she might run back to Zane. "But I'm not saying you should give him another chance," He added quickly, scrunching up his nose and averting his gaze from her.
This Time Baby , I'll Be
Bulletproof .

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Forever Falling
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:17 pm

Katie looked at Jarod and nodded her head. "Yeah, I suppose, but that doesn't give him the right to sleep with Candace." She said a little bitterly. She wasn't about to go running back to Zane, even though she wanted to. If Zane even had a chance to have her back, he'd have to come and find her and do a whole lot of explaining and apologizing before she'd even consider it. She was surprised at his sudden words. "I miss him, a lot, but right now I think he's the last person I want to see." She took another sip of her drink. She looked out the window, watching the cars pass by. She wondered if he had gone back to bed with Candace, or had even bothered to put clothes on and come after her. He promised her he'd find her over the phone, well he hadn't been trying very hard.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forever Falling on Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:31 pm

"I suppose it doesn't give him the right. But she is incredibly tempting," Jarod licked the skin above his upper lip and narrowed his eyes slightly, thinking of the way Candace's hips swayed when she walked in and out of a room. Yes, he could see easily how Zane had crawled back into the bed with her. But he wouldn't dare tell Katie that. He nodded his head when she said that Zane was the last person she wanted to see. He imagined that he wasn't far ahead of him. After all, he had kidnapped her. "I"m sorry." He blurted out, surprising himself. "I'm sorry," He repeated. "About the whole kidnapping thing. I really am, and I feel like I have to apologize to you a million times before you can even begin to forgive me. You don't even have to."

He frowned at himself. "It was a horrible thing to do." His accent pulled his words together a bit and he drawled out words more than he'd intended to.

Zane stepped out of his room, his hair sticking in every direction as it often did after Katie mussed it up. She knew he didn't like it, but the feeling of her fingers against his scalp calmed him down. He ran his own fingers through his hair and sighed, holding on to the sound of Katie's voice as she'd been calling his name. It made him feel worse than the dirt in the ground when she burst in on him and Candace. He hadn't meant to go back to bed with her, but she just made it harder and harder on him. Candace's body was so tantalizing, and it felt even better after the long time that they'd been apart. He licked his lips, thinking about it, and turned to Alec. "Are you ready?" Alec nodded his head, a deeply concerned look on his face.

"I can't help but think that Candace had something to do with all of this. But look at her now, I mean, she's turned into the perfect picture of innocence. You'd think that she would've turned you down when you asked her to sleep with you." Zane's anger spiked at those words, but he wouldn't lash out at his best friend. "I didn't mean to.." He started, but then bit back his tongue. It was only supposed to be a short sweet kiss.

Forever Falling
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:27 pm

Katie watched Jarod as he licked his lip before she rolled her eyes dramatically and muttered something under her breath that suspiciously sounded like "men". Was that all that made them tick? Was that all that inspired them? Was that it? She felt rather stung by the thought as she thought back to the rather graphic and horrible image of Zane in bed with Candace. If that was what guys wanted all the time, why had Zane kept himself abstinent for the year they were together? The question swam into her mind until a more horrific one took it's place. What if he had been cheating on her since she wasn't putting out? It shouldn't be that big of a surprise, especially with his past track record. She felt her eyes burn, but refused to cry. Crying over a boy was foolish even if he was attractive, intelligent, sweet, caring, considerate-...

Katie couldn't let herself continue the train of thought. It was too painful. Why had Zane does this to her? Why had he done it to their relationship?

Jarod's suddenly apology brought her out of her mind and she stared at him in surprise. She didn't expect any sort of apology since Jarod had believed from the beginning everything was all right because he was doing it for Candace. She listened to him finish his apology before she smiled gently at him. "It was a horrible thing to do." She agreed with him. "So I accept your apology, but I also thank you. Perhaps this was the wake up call I needed from my relationship." She felt like washing her mouth out with soap after saying those words. "I also am grateful you didn't go through with it." Somehow using the word rape outloud felt completely wrong.

Katie finished her drink as it had cooled off before she looked over at him carefully, her eyes completely innocent. "Can we go for a walk? Sitting here is making me restless." She quickly looked away, her cheeks flushed as she was embarrassed by her request.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forever Falling on Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm

Zane tapped his foot anxiously against the floor of the vehicle, glancing in every direction and squinting whenever he saw a girl that looked like Katie. Alec was bobbing his head to some music playing on the radio and Zane scrunched up his face, hoping his disgust wasn't noticeable. But how could anyone be acting some calm and cool after what had just happened. He clenched and unclenched his fists, gritting his teeth the way Katie hated him to. Then this song came on that reminded him of what they had and he had to stop, and frown at himself. And while he was trying to compose himself, they drove straight past two people walking out of a coffee shop.

Jarod felt his face heating up when Katie was staring at him, and relaxed a bit when she smiled at him. But then she agreed with him, that he'd done a horrible thing. Somehow, coming from her mouth it made him flinch. Then she accepted his apology? He shot her a questioning look over his mug and then glanced into it. Jarod squirmed in his seat, nodding when Katie said that she was getting restless just sitting there. "Sure, that's a good idea." He nodded again, as though to reassure himself. He stood up from his seat and held his hand out to help Katie up, a shy smile on his lips.

Once they were outside, he watched as Alec's truck drove by, having remembering it. Jarod shot a cautious glance at Katie and then tried leading her away from that direction. "We can walk down to the pier? If you'd like to." He nodded at a familiar face on the street and then looked over at Katie again.

Forever Falling
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:49 pm

Katie was surprised when Jarod had offered her his hand to help her from her seat, but she was touched by the gesture. Zane had always opened her doors, but that was about it unless she had tripped. This was a very sweet gesture and Katie appreciated it as she returned the same shy smile. She scooted her chair in before they walked out of the coffee shop.

Naturally Katie didn't recognize Alec's truck as it drove by with Zane in it. She thought she almost recognized the partial face reflected in the side mirror, but she shook her head and decided she had imagined Zane there. What would he even be doing out right now? She figured he had probably gone back to bed with Candace.

Katie looked at Jarod as he suggested the pier and she gave him a grateful smile. He was making it a lot easier to forget the pain that was rippling through her heart. "Sure, I've never really been to a pier before." She began to absorb her surroundings as they walked in an attempt to stifle out Zane's horrified face when she had burst into his room and caught him with Candace. It was no doubt the look of guilt as he realized he'd been caught red handed. Perhaps he was in on the scheme, though if Jarod had known she knew he would've told her. Could Zane not have just broken up with her?

Katie suddenly realized her thoughts had gone down the wrong path and turned her attention back to Jarod. "So how long have you lived here?" she figured she might as well get to know him better. After a moment of thought, she realized Zane had her return ticket as well as her suitcase full of clothes that happened to contain her wallet. Where was she going to stay now? She was not about to go retrieve her luggage at the moment and she couldn't just get on a plane back home right then.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forever Falling on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Jarod had begun to lead Katie in the opposite direction of where Alec's truck was going, letting out a low breath. He hoped to not be as obsessive with Katie as he was about Candace, but here he was keeping her from making up with Zane. He still didn't understand why Zane left Candace for a flatter chested, modest dressing girl like Katie, but as he was getting to know her he wondered if it was about her personality. Or maybe it was her innocence. Yes, it was her innocence that he was after, wanting to be her first. Of course he'd come crawling back to Candace after he'd gotten it.

But maybe Jarod could beat him to the punch. If he kept acting like a gentlemen, Katie would think she could confide in him. And Jarod would steal his 'someone special' just like Zane had done to him before. No, he wasn't completely over Candace. But she could wait for him to come back to her. He would come running back and she would welcome him with wide arms, because she'd been left by Zane. Left by her lover for someone that's innocence existed no more.

He smiled down at Katie, his hand on the small of his back. "I've lived here my entire life. Zane used to be my best friend. Alec, Jarod and Zane. Until college started."

Forever Falling
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:34 pm

Katie glanced over her shoulder as if she had missed something, but Jarod's voice pulled her out of her thoughts. She was starting to calm down now and she wondered now if Zane had come after her. She couldn't forgive him, not yet, but she wanted to talk to him. She sighed a little as Jarod spoke. "I'm really sorry to hear that." She had a feeling that the reason Jarod had broken his friendship with Zane was because Zane got Candace. Katie hated how a person of the opposite gender could break up relationships. She was really glad that her relationship with Zane hadn't made things awkward for her and Amelie as Katie was sure that Amelie probably felt weird when Katie talked about Zane on a more...personal basis.

"Well then you must know what Zane is like, at least, a little." She bit her lip and looked over her shoulder again half expecting to see Zane running towards her and begging her to take him back. She shook her head. She was being a silly girl trying to live in a silly fantasy. Guys like Zane didn't just change...or at least Zane seemed to have proven that fact. "You don't suppose he was cheating on me before?" the sudden thought entered her head and she looked at Jarod with panicked eyes. Everything that Zane had said to her, like how he wished he had slept around so much before and how she was the second person he really could see himself staying with for the rest of his life, well...it all felt false and like a bunch of lies for her to trust him even more.

Katie glanced at the ring on her finger, the promise ring. Some promise! She took the ring off and put it in her pocket. She was too attached to the thought and hope that Zane did love her to throw the ring away, but he had broken his promise and she wasn't going to keep hers. "Am I just a silly girl Jarod?" she asked rather sadly.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forever Falling on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:22 pm

Had he cheated on Katie before? Zane was always loyal to Candace. Whenever he saw the occassional woman flirting with Zane or asking him on dates, Zane would always politely decline with that charming smile of his. Then the answer to Katie's question would be 'no'. But the wheels were spinning in Jarod's head. Katie may forgive him if she knew more about him. It was his job to plant insecurities in her head, to make her doubt her whole relationship. "I was more Zane's friend than Alec's. And to be honest, I would think.." He took a moment to gather his words. "Zane could never keep his hands to himself. It's amazing that he's let you last so long. He did always go after the innocent type, when Candace wouldn't give him any."

He said these things, putting in the back of his mind that Candace would always be the one begging Zane for sex. She seemed almost insatiable. Maybe because Zane was so experienced, he seemed that way, with how women practically threw themselves at him after one night before he got with Candace. His long fingers did seem to know just the right way to touch. Maybe because she just craved the undivided attention. Maybe she was addicted to the feel of it all. Zane had the magic touch, deep in his memory he remembered the nights that he would give Jarod simple neck massages to get the stress to go away. Shutting his eyes, he emptied those thoughts from his head.

He'd managed to keep them away for so long. This was all about Candace. Not Zane. Not Katie. Candace and Jarod. Only them.

His eyes flicked to Katie's hands as she moved to take the ring off her finger. He was curious about the ring. When did she put it back on? But he didn't bother asking about it. Turning his head to look back in front of them, he tried not to let his mind wander again. Katie seemed to be talking. "Huh?" He tuned back in to their conversation. What words would he say to that? "You're not silly. You're panicked. You're in love and panicked." He repressed the urge to roll his eyes. "You're overthinking things. Stop thinking things like: Does he love me? Will he come after me, and will I forgive him? There's no use because I can't answer that for you."

________

Zane pressed his palms over his eyes, shaking his head. "Why would she run off with Jarod like that? Of all the people."

Forever Falling
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:33 pm

Katie could barely stand still any longer as she looked to Jarod. She had a whole year with Zane. She knew a lot about him and he knew a lot about her. It seemed she hadn't known enough, but she still felt the discomfort inside of her. She was jittery at the thought of Zane with other women. She bit her lip as Jarod told her that she was in love and panicked. She knew he was right. Katie was as in love with Zane as Cinderella was with Prince Charming. She couldn't stand the thought of Candace and him together, but maybe it hadn't been what she thought. Well she knew what it was, she wasn't in denial, but perhaps there was more behind it.

"I shouldn't have run away. I should've let him explain." Her mind drifted to the horrific look on his face. The horror she had seen wasn't the type of horror for getting caught, though rather it was a horror at realizing what he had done and who he had hurt in the process. "I should talk to him." She bit her lip again and looked around. She kept expecting to see him show up. Zane had always come after her whether it was a silly fight or they had exploded at one another. That was the one thing he was really good at. He came back without fail.

"I need to call him. Maybe he is trying to find me." She said and pulled her phone out. She was grateful to Jarod for listening to her panic moment. As sweet as he had been Katie wanted no one but Zane right then. She began to run through the numbers in her phone searching for Zane's. She at least owed him the chance to explain himself.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forever Falling on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:56 pm

Jarod watched with panicked eyes as Katie whipped out her phone. If she called Zane he'd rush over and his plot of revenge would leave with them. He couldn't think of anything to do to stop her, nearly biting his tongue clean off as he waited. "Do you really think it'd be best to call him? I mean, he could be back in bed with Candace for all you know." Jarod hoped that Katie didn't hear the way his voice cracked in desperation. What he'd said before was supposed to hurt her more, not make her want to talk to Zane.

Jarod never cared much for anyone but himself. He'd always been a loner until Zane came along their freshman year of college. They'd had a few of the same classes together, both having undecided majors. They were roommates as well, before Zane and Alec moved into an apartment together. He remembered the nights when they would stay up with each other, laughing and watching early morning cartoons. They'd hung out a lot that year, going on trips together over the weekends, messing around in the dorms and even going to the gyms together. While Zane would actually work out, Jarod would just sit and talk to him.

That could easily explain the not-so-muscular frame that he possessed.

Then their friendship started fading fast, once a woman came into the picture. Candace was everything in a guy's wet dream. Supple breasts that you noticed as soon as your eyes turned her way, smooth skin that made you want to reach out and touch, and those 'come-hither' eyes. She'd immediately caught Zane in her trap. Jarod was there when they met. He felt jealous as he watched his best friend's attention go on the girl. No. He'd felt jealous as the girl turned all her attention on Zane.

Jarod's hands shook at his sides as he heard Katie's phone begin to ring.

Running his long fingers through his hair, nearly dry from his sweating, Zane watched the pedestrians on the sidewalk like a hawk. He searched every face. No Katie anywhere to be seen. He knew he'd be able to see her long hair. The hair he'd love to feel tickling his face as they laid together. There's no way he could miss her startling eyes that he would stare into for hours on end as she talked to him. His own eyes, bright with determination, went to Alec.

"Just turn around, let's check that way again. His car came this way after all."

Alec nodded his head to his friend's words as Zane glanced down at the phone in his hands. Candace appeared to have left a few messages on there. He wouldn't bother himself to listen to them. She'd probably planned this whole thing out. For a while now, for so long, Jarod had been her lackey practically. He would be like an obedient puppy, always there behind her.

Then he saw Katie's number pop up. He nearly dropped the phone as he hastened to answer her call. "Please understand that what you saw was a mistake." He blurted out his words quickly, so that she couldn't hang up, so that she would listen to him.

Forever Falling
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:56 am

Katie's stomach twisted painfully when Jarod suggested that Zane may have crawled back into bed with Candace. "I just have to give him a chance, regardless if it's over between us I deserve an explanation and he deserves to be heard." Katie sighed and kicked the ground with her toe before looking back to Jarod. "This weekend was our first year anniversary. With what we've been through it's only decent and common courtesy." She said. "If anything I need an explanation." She took a heavy breath and held it when the phone stopped dialing and she heard Zane's voice come on the other side rather panicked.

"I don't know what to think about what I saw Zane." Her tone was full of hurt and pain. "I realized leaving might not have been the better option, but you have to have a good explanation for sleeping with Candace while I escaped a rape." She couldn't stop the bitter tone in her voice. She resented Jarod a little for trying to force her, but at the same time she was full of gratitude that he hadn't pushed that heavy load onto her. If he had taken that from her Katie could never be the same again.

"I'm down at the pier if you really have a good reason as to why you and Candace were naked in bed." Katie felt the pain start to crush her. The longer she stayed on the phone the worse it hurt. Finally she just hung up the phone when it got to be too much. Katie was struggling with the thought that Zane had broken his promise. He had been so sincere and sweet when he gave her the promise ring. Now the promise was worth as much as a three dollar bill. Why were things so complicated now? They should've been out window shopping arm in arm or getting a late breakfast and not have their relationship crumbling around them.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forever Falling on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:36 pm

Hearing the emotions in Katie's words, Zane shut his eyes to the world. As he listened to her, he tried thinking past the betrayal on his part, the pain on her part. He focused on the sound of her voice in his ear. She sounded so close, he wanted to reach out to see if he would feel her soft skin. His eyes opened as he heard the dial tone, and he stared incredelously at the phone. A good reason for his infidelity? There wasn't one. There was only his stupidity, his ignorance. He shouldn't have been so weak as to let Candace act like the whore that she is and persuade him into bed.

He'd missed Katie so much. Seeing her, as she walked in on him in the aftermath of having sex with another woman, made him feel terrible and relieved all at once. But the pain he'd seen in her eyes, the hurt he'd heard in her voice over the phone only seconds ago made him feel dirtier than a rat. How could he put such an expression on her face? How could he have been such an idiot to hurt someone as amazing as his girlfriend? Was she still that? Or would she end things on the spot.

The pier. "Pier." He choked out around the lump growing in his throat. "Get us to the pier, now. Please, Alec." As Alec drove down the street, Zane sunk into his seat, gripping the phone tight like it was a lifeline.

Forever Falling
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:56 pm

Katie took in a deep breath as she clutched her own phone close. This trip had turned out to be such a nightmare. She wanted to wake up back home with everything like it had been. There was no Candace, no Jarod, and no betrayal lingering over their heads. She wanted Zane to wrap his arms around her and promise he would protect her from all the ugly in the world. She never even thought the ugly would come around to her through him.

At that point Katie was ignoring Jarod. She just kept playing the past couple of days over and over in her head trying to understand where Zane had become so weak as to sleep with someone else. The pain she felt was nothing she could've ever imagined. Heart break was not at all like she had thought. She felt true pain inside.

When Alec's truck pulled up Katie closed her eyes. She was afraid that if she saw Zane than her resolve would crumble. As she finally got the courage to look at him she felt her heart break again. He looked to be in just as much pain and a whole lot more guilt. She could feel her resolve being chipped away. She stood there and said nothing. She was afraid that if she opened her mouth she would either yell at him or hurt him. So she said nothing.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forever Falling on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:49 pm

Zane kept his eyes shut tight as he imagined the trip going differently; Katie never got kidnapped, they had a great anniversary and then on that night they would have made slow love together. He could have had Katie lying in his arms right then instead of hanging out with Jarod. Of all people, Jarod. As he got around to thinking, there was no reason for Jarod to do this to him. Why would Jarod hate him so much as to punish his girlfri- Katie. And he knew that Katie had never met the man.

What exactly was going on? Who hated the couple so much that they would go through such extreme measures to keep them apart? The only person that came to mind was Candace. It was impossible, she'd been so caring and concerned all this time but the puzzle was finally being put together. Candace practically had Jarod wrapped around her finger. Jarod would steal for Candace, and he did. He stole something precious to Zane, something so precious that his sanity would dissolve and his reason would all but disappear. That's how she'd gotten him into bed, but how could she have possibly known that Katie was going to come barreling in the room once they'd had sex..

How would Katie take it? Would she believe his story? That he'd been so broken to pieces about her disappearance (and God knows what happened to her while she was gone) and been coaxed into bed with the woman that Katie had hated from the very beginning? He opened his eyes as Alec's truck came to a halt. His hand, reaching for the handle of the door, froze as he locked eyes with the one person who made him feel love the way he'd never felt it before. "Katie." Her name came out of his mouth like a breath.

He threw open his door and jumped out, making steps toward her and pulling her flush against his chest once he reached her. After burying his nose in her hair, breathing her in and a huge smile threatening to tear the skin from his cheeks, he stepped back to look over her. Her wrists were a little red, as were her eyes. Not too red to hint that she'd been crying, but close to being bloodshot. Her hair was a bit of a mess, falling over her face and blowing with the wind in a way that made Zane want to sweep her off her feet. But then he took a closer look into those eyes, taking a step back from the intensity of the betrayal he'd seen staring back at him.

Forever Falling
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:04 am

Katie stood still as she watched Alec's truck pull up before he parked. She saw Zane catch sight of her and could see his whole face light up to see her again. She didn't do a thing as he rushed to her side and engulfed her in his arms. The moment he held her close to him she felt part of her hurt go away. The passed couple of days had been a nightmare that she wished she could wake up from. Even as she felt her resolve weaken in his arms she hated it. Even with the sting of betrayal still fresh in her conscience she felt herself completely prepared to take him back. She felt utterly stupid for feeling that way about him.

Katie was supposed to hate him, scream at him, and even perhaps slap him for what he had done. Yet at the same time she didn't understand how other girls did it. She saw the pain in his face and knew that he had never meant to sleep with Candace. It was plain to see that Zane had only slept with Candace because he had been weak and broken. He had been lost and the awful reality that he may never see her again had stolen away his sanity and rational thinking.

Even though Katie still felt so much love for him she knew she had to make him work. She was afraid that if she simply took him back with no questions asked he might really cheat on her one day.

They just stood there without speaking a word. Katie had quite forgotten about Jarod being there and hardly cared. Right now it was just her and Zane and the pain they were both in from his mistake. That was it though, a mistake, and Katie wondered how long she could hold out from cuddling in close to him. He still was her rock and she had gone through a lot over the past couple of days.

"I'm hurt Zane, you hurt me." She whispered softly.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!