Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Down By the Shore ((OOC))

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Down By the Shore ((OOC))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Sun May 10, 2009 2:47 pm

Down By the Shore
IC=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/down-the-shore-t21965.html
Characters=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/post601901.html#p601901

We are currently not accepting any more role players.

In a small town by the beach consisting of rich colors, culture, music, and history thrives a group of boys who grew up together and have obtained a family like bond. Each one of them are dedicated members to a community center. They call themselves the Hush Puppies because of their infatuation with the food served there every Friday as a kid. One night, surrounding a fire on the shore, they joked and jested with one another. Then, an idea to pass time came up.

These boys are known as the heartthrob of the town, and are well aware of it. One suggested that they put it to good use and they each began daring each other to woo a certain girls who were hard to get, either because they were above them in popularity or because they were more wealthy or because they just so happened to be huge prudes. They were to convince her into visiting the center, getting a membership there, volunteering with him, then to finally become his girlfriend. At first it was a joke, but they ended up making a pact that they’d follow through with their mission.

This center provides a home to all and is a place to have fun with the other members by surfing, playing sports, watching TV, and things of that nature. Basically, it’s a home away from home that can be used when your parents are out of town or you just don’t feel like going walking the distance back to your house. They've all been practically raised there and wish to make it flourish.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, we’ll need an equal amount of guys and girls. There’ll be quarreling and arguing, lying and deceit, teasing and laughing, blushing and stuttering, kissing and hugging. It really depends.

I don’t want too many of the same characters and I will ask you to change yours if it’s too similar to another’s. For example, the role play isn’t going to be any fun if everyone is a shy, trembling introvert. It’s just to bring diversity. This is for LITERATE players and I expect no less than two paragraphs per post. :D

CHARACTER SHEET
Name:
Appearance: (A non-anime, realistic picture is preferred. )
Personality: (At least a paragraph [paragraph=at least 4 sentences])
Biography: (Don’t make it too depressing and keep it relatively rational)
Who I'd Like To Be Assigned To: (Pick one of the accepted characters to try and build a relationship with you or vice versa. :D)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHARACTER SHEET
Name: Chester Titoja (Tito)
Appearance:
Personality:
Tito is a chilled, laid-back jokester. His mellow attitude has many affects on people. Some are infuriated by his seeming lack of passion. Others are calmed and it allows their naturally frantic being to relax. There are also those who notch their own energy up , as if to provide enough excitement for the both of them. He never raises his voice above a normal, understandable tone and is almost always wearing a small grin on his face. There are very few people who have ever seen him angry or upset and those happen to be Hush Puppies. He speaks his mind without hesitation, being a hundred percent blunt and truthful under almost any circumstances. He feels that each being has both a right and responsibility to the truth and that they shouldn't burden others with the task of lying to them for the sake of their own comfort. He isn't bashful from sharing personal stories and holds no secrets. He is also open minded as a person. This doesn't mean he is lack in opinions, but rather that he won't judge something until he's been able to comprehend it, look at it from some one else's point of view, and then come up with his own conclusion of it.

Tito is well-liked among his peers and many lower class men look up to him. He's a natural born leader and the president of the soccer team. If he had his way, he'd be wearing his bathing suit twenty four seven, not liking the feeling of clothes on his skin. However, for school, his attire consists of fitted shirts and cargo shorts as well as a nice, worn pair of flipflops. He wears a couple anklets and a woven string , tan choker his father had given him around his neck . He is an avid surfer and a professional video game player. As far as girls go, he's had a fair share of experience. However, after past difficulties, he's tried prohibiting himself from doing physical activities with a person he isn't in a relationship with somewhat successfully. He's not always able to restrain himself, though. All in all, he has a pretty loose interpretation on living your life to its fullest, choosing to be happy and carefree.

Biography:
Tito, a full Brazilian who is able to speak Portuguese, grew up with his single mother in his humble home. She had immigrated from Brazil to give him a better life than she had when she was pregnant with him and he attempts to live up to her standards. He loves his mom very much and appreciates all the work she does for him. His father recently passed away from an overdose, thus creating his disdain towards intoxicants. Despite this, he believes he has lived a pretty fortunate life, free of many hardships that others have on their shoulders.

Assignment: Request Me
Last edited by Averagebear on Mon May 11, 2009 7:23 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Name: Jocelyn Black
Appearance: Image
Personality: Jocelyn is an all around nice person, though she can get snippy when pushed to far. She is used to being told no, which she will accept, unless it's something that she really wants. She will nettle and prob until the person gives in. She is a terrible flirt, meaning that she does it without even realizing sometimes, but sometimes when she sees someone that she likes, she will do it on purpose. She knows how to use her beauty and her body to charm men into what she wants. She has been known to do that to teachers, and other students, as well as the police, if needed.
Biography: Jocelyn grew up in a tight Catholic family, though she was never one to really believe in what they taught. She has an older brother, who can be a bit over protective toward her, but she doesn't really care, because she loves being taken care of. Her mother died when she was born, so the only mother that she knows is her step-mother, who would do just about anything to up the family's status in the community, which sometimes means using Jocelyn.
Who I'd Like To Be Assigned To: Chester Titoja
Last edited by Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Sun May 10, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Re: Down By the Shore ((OOC&SignUps)) [RolePlayers Needed]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Sun May 10, 2009 3:15 pm

Haha, sure thing. I'm rolling these plots out like their dice, man.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Ah, but I love your RPs.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby m00se4brainz on Sun May 10, 2009 3:31 pm

I'm in. Sounds like it'll be fun.

Name: Kat Huang

Her hair is naturally black, but sometimes she likes to dye it brown.

Personality: Pretty dedicated to her school work, it's hard for her to be laid back, but once she sees the opportunity, she loves to have fun and just get a few laughs out of the day. She's the sort of person that's easy to get along with and a great friend, but not easy to get with. She likes to keep that sort of stuff under control. This doesn't mean she can't flirt, though. She can have a good time, but don't except to get in her pants on the first try. Or the fifth. Or maybe even the tenth. But if she's treated right and with respect, and can have lost of opportunities to let loose, she might soften up quicker.

She likes honest relationships, no matter what type they are, and, of course, respect. She doesn't like being treated like trash, so she issues that same for everyone else. It's hard to imagine her as enemies with anyone at school or anywhere else. Grudges are short-lived because she's the type who would rather forgive and start over than dwell too long. But when she's hurt, she's hurt, and it's not just a stab in the heart but a twist and a jerk as well.

Biography: She's only three-fourths Asian; her mother is half, while her father is full. Growing up in such a setting has molded her into that typical, studious stereotype. She likes to break free of that cookie-cutter image on more than one occasion, though she does still get high marks in class. Since she was little she had to learn how to balance work with play and favor work over play. She prefers to do the opposite, which sometimes disappoints her parents, but they're forgiving of her little gallivanting sessions so long as she keeps her grades up.

Pretty sheltered, she doesn't get exposed to a lot of illegal situations or issues. She knows about them, but wisely stays away. She abhors the idea of drinking, but will turn half a blind eye to cigarette smoking because her father does it. She still wishes he would quit, but she understands his reasons and will keep her mouth shut (some of the time) because it's slightly less... "harmful" than drinking.
Image Image Image
Visit my Squiby profile to see all the other pets too. Help them grow! Click here.
Yaoi City - newly started mature yaoi roleplay forum; all are welcome

m00se4brainz
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Sun May 10, 2009 3:43 pm

Both are wonderful and accepted. :)

So Jocelyn's a flirt and has a brother ready to kill any one who flirts back and Kat is hard to seduce because she's so smart and Asian. Haha.

I love the picture you used, m00se.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby m00se4brainz on Sun May 10, 2009 3:49 pm

Hahaha. Yeah, something like that, I guess. I don't think her father would like it very much if she was loose. For all we know, he's probably a very traditional man, and that's probably why Kat's the way she is.

And thanks. I really like that picture. Shows off her playful side; she's not all books and brains.

m00se4brainz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Sun May 10, 2009 4:53 pm

Exactly what I was thinking.

Hopefully we'll get more people to join. My ideal is having 3 or 4 couples. We'll have to wait at least until we find Kat a partner until we could begin. I'll give it a few days.

So, I was thinking that we'd start the role play off with the guys at the camp fire discussing the dare and the girls doing whatever it is they do at 8 or so at night.

By the way, don't be hesitant with speaking your ideas. I'm pretty open to any suggestions or thoughts you may have to make the RP more fun/successful. Whether it be plot bunnies or things you'd like to change with the structure I've built thus far ,I'd love hearing it.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crimson on Sun May 10, 2009 5:59 pm

Name: Thomas Gates
Personality: He's up beat and well kept. Thomas isn't the kind of person who walks out of the house and has his day planned. He does what can and gets done with it, he's not the kind of person who just hangs around with anyone. Yet he loves to mess with anyone who walks by him as long as no fight happens as he does it and his friends backs him up while he does it. His personality is well made, he's kind, generous, and doesn't like to see anyone hurting. Thomas is very sympathetic.

Biography: Thomas is orignaly from Liverpool,England. He has an Northern, English Accent. His father and mother brought him with them to America at the age of 14. Thomas is the adopted son of Leslie and Rodger Gates. His real mother and father gave him away at the age of five as he moved from foster home to foster home across the Liverpool area until the two adopted him some five years ago.

Who I'd Like To Be Assigned To: Well this is the part I don't know whether to wait until another person joins or not so just...I'll just wait to see whoever wants to be with him

Crimson
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Sun May 10, 2009 6:04 pm

Accepted. None of the pairings will be definite until the RP actually starts, anyways. Things might change as people may join.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cindy~Sue on Sun May 10, 2009 7:34 pm

I am so In!!! I just need to find the right picture. I'll post my Character ASAP

Cindy~Sue
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Sun May 10, 2009 8:00 pm

Certainly.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cindy~Sue on Sun May 10, 2009 9:13 pm

CHARACTER SHEET
Name: Joey Chandler

Personality: Very Cavalier, laid back and easy going. Nothing really bothers him. He looks to the here and now, the future will figure itself out. He’s very optimistic and caring. He is the only boy in a family of six. He’s watched how his Father treats his mom and has learned alot. His parents are always kissing and embarrassing their children. Being in a family of girls he’s learned how to be a good listener and understand where the problem is coming from. Even if its just that one sister thinks the other one looks better in her shirt so she won’t let that sister borrow it. He’s solved many a stupid fight, and he’s an excellent French braider.

Biography: He’s watched his parents be love dovey to each other for years. He loves to see how their relationship has overcome so many obstacles. He wants that more than anything. But being subject to constant PDA he has no problem kissing and showing affection to everyone. Especially girls, which gives him a rep for being too friendly; even though he’s still a virgin. All he wants in the world is a girlfriend to spoil. But most girls just find him as a great friend and they probably think he’s gay because of the off- the- wall-no-straight-man-would-ever-know-that information.

Who I'd Like To Be Assigned To: I can’t decide! We’ll see

Cindy~Sue
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby m00se4brainz on Sun May 10, 2009 9:16 pm

He’s solved many a stupid fight, and he’s an excellent French braider.

Hahaha. That cracks me up.

m00se4brainz
Member for 15 years

<3 <3 <3 I've had a lot of chocolate, am hyper, and can't wait for this to start. Lol.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Sun May 10, 2009 9:26 pm

Accepted. :) Once we have another chick, I'll start the IC and any one else who may wish to join can catch up.
To future appliers, no more super flirtatious people.

Averagebear
Member for 15 years

CHARACTER SHEET
Name: Allysun Curl

Personality: She’s a soft talker but not shy. She is extremely blunt and says whatever comes into her head first; usually people think she’s rude. She’s a perfectionist almost to a Fault. Everything about her has to be perfect. Her hair, her clothes, her body, nails, feet, everything. Shes not a girly girl, but she likes to look nice. She doesn’t giggle or gossip like most girls her age do. Needless to say boys aren’t interested in her, and she likes to tell herself she’s not interested in them. But that would be lying, and she never lies. she's a hopless romantic

Biography: Both of her Parents are teachers, one in her school and the other is a professor in the nearest college. One teaches English and the other Science. She grew up thinking intellectually, fantasy and magic held no place in her parent’s world. But she loved her novels. She has to hide to read them. Not that they would be mad, in fact they want her to think for herself and would encourage her. But she would feel like she was letting them down if they knew.

Who I'd Like To Be Assigned To: What ever guy could handle her
Not everyone is born good, but they all have the potential.

I'm_The_Good_Twin
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Re: Down By the Shore ((OOC&SignUps)) [Need Women Characters]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby m00se4brainz on Sun May 10, 2009 9:58 pm

Le gasp! Averagebear does that make us even? Three girls and three guys?

m00se4brainz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angleaya Z. on Sun May 10, 2009 10:32 pm

Name: Dievaya Barton
Personality: Die is fairly quiet and normally gets good grades. She seems to only care about two things, ballet and her grades. Alot of people think that she is weird, and some think that she's a snob on top of it. She's good looking and knows it but she doesn't really flaunt it, in fact she's never had a boyfriend. Dievaya has a fairly edgy look, normally dressing in blacks and reds. Even though she looks angery most of the time she can be very sweet if some one needs help, and sometimes that's the only way to get her attention.
Biography: Die lives with her father, having never met her mother. She has lived in this general area since she was born and has know most of the people here for a long time, not that many actually know her. She has been in ballet since she was 5 and takes private lessons, preforming every now and then. You will most likly never find a time when she is happier then when she is on stage. Die doesn't really have friends since she is usually busy practicing. Dievaya is a very wealthy girl but doesn't like to flaunt it, and her father is away on work alot.
Who I'd Like To Be Assigned To: Thomas Gates

Angleaya Z.
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Mon May 11, 2009 12:54 am

Let me know if it's too late to join, or you need me to play a guy! :)

Name: Audrianna Alexander (Audri or Aud for short)
Appearance:
Personality: Audri, Aud, Audrianna is not your typical 15 year old girl, she dresses how she wants, and doesn't care much what other people think, she hasn't had many boyfriends but she can be flirty in her own way with guys. She loves to party and sometimes her mother tells her that she needs to be tamed down by a guy. Her personality is completely fun, carefree and she lives her life one day at a time, not worrying about anything or anyone. She could probably drink more than half the boys at school and shes always up for a challenge. Tell her she's wrong and she'll challenge it. She doesn't like being told what to do by any means. She's far from ugly and she knows it, she never leaves the house looking bad and she rarely lets anyone in.

Biography: Audri is usually always easy to be found, she works at a small cafe downtown and lives with her single mom, her dad just walked out on them one day and left. She has a baby brother and doesnt care much about her family except for when it comes to him she's a sucker, she thinks they don't get her. She has a lot of friends just not at school really, and she doesn't get along well with very many girls, she's more like one of the guys.
Who I'd Like To Be Assigned To: Joey Chandler, or whoeverrr.
"And when someone apologizes to you enough times for things they’ll never stop doing, I think it’s FEARLESS to stop believing them. It’s FEARLESS to say “you’re NOT sorry”, and walk away. I think allowing yourself to cry on the bathroom floor is FEARLESS. Letting go is FEARLESS. Then, moving on and being alright…That’s FEARLESS too." - Taylor Swift

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!