Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dragon Age: Origins

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Dragon Age: Origins

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flamingogirl22 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:33 pm

Plot:
The darkspawn have re-invaded, only 3 years after the last Blight. There would be no issue if it weren't for this though-- There are three archdemons! The Grey Wardens have there work cut out for them with this. This time around they have named the archdemons-- (will be filled in). The entire continent is in danger not, not just Ferelden!

Characters:
We need...

(3) Archdemons
(0) Grey Warden Captain
(0) Warden Commanders
(2) Warden Recruiters
(1) New King
(1) New Queen
before we can begin.
Also, we need to eventually fill:

(Infinite) Wardens
(up to 5) Higher Darkspawn
Also, some characters can be controlled as necessary...

Lesser Darkspawn
Random Knights of the King
Random passerby
Animals (unless magic)

So far, we have:
Elissa, Warden Commander, Flamingogirl22
Your character skeleton should contain all this:

Name: (you can't have the same name as another player and you can't steal names from the game, ie nobody leliana or alistar)
Best skill: (archery, two-handed, dual weapon, or if mage your spell group)
Appearance: (a picture's worth a thousand words!)
Personality: (please not three words.)
Bio: (a good paragraph will do)
Specializations: (up to three)
Other: (from favorite ice cream to loves to dance to polka music, tell us anything quirky/interesting that we might need to know about your character or is just plain cool.)

Now, an example:
(I'm using mine)
Name: Elissa
Best skill: Dual-weapon and archery
Appearance: Image
Personality: She's very calm up until a point. She's usually very sweet but if someone rubs her the wrong way she can hit right where it hurts. She has no real problem telling people off, and is so loyal she would fight to the death for the friend of a friend. But, she is very cautious. It takes time to become someone she calls a friend, and a romance is something she doesn't think she'll ever have because she is so distrustful.
Bio: Born in Highever she moved down the Lothering after it was rebuilt. She was of noble birth but gave that up to learn how to fight at age five. She's been fighting in, and winning, tournaments since she was seven and has mastered archery and dual weapon skills. She was raised by the local blacksmith in secret because everyone thought her dead. Her true last name is Cousland but she says it's Coesland, so that no one will find out. SHe moved to Lothering after the blacksmith died, and ran away in the dead of night. She then moved to Wessihaupt Fortress as a Warden Captain but because of her tremendous skill she was soon made Commander, and has been ever since.
Specializations: Duelist, Legionnaire, Shadow
Other: Creepy-good at lockpicking but she's not very good at seeing the obvious and tends to suspect an underlying plot to everything although she tries not to show it.

Rules:
NO epic god-modding. It's ok to fancy yourself up and make yourself glamorous, but we're all mortal.
Although this is based on a rated-M game, keep romance to PG13. (violence can be as bad as you want, but remember: the mods are watching)
TRY and post everyday. If you don't post for three weeks straight without giving me notice and good reason (ie I'm grounded for a month or they cut our electricity) your character WILL be overwhelmed by a sudden surge of darkspawn that we all survive except for you.
PLEASE don't make the world revolve or your character. DON'T leave the battle so that we all need to make a decision based on YOU, unless it's for the plot once or twice. Doing stuff like that excessively will make me MAD.
Keep cussing to a minimum. Battle cries and fights can be kept PG13, right?
Try and have some skill with writing. In a post this long, 3-4 typos (okay maybe more) can be expected but in a one-liner it better be perfect!
Try and post at least 3-4 sentences per post, unless we're in battle and you are fighting another character.
Keep OOC in OOC. White like this:
OOC: (all you need to say)
BIC:

NOT

OOC:
BIC:
OOC:
BIC:
OOC:

And please seperate OOC and IC/BIC like that. (OOC= Out of Character, IC=In Character, BIC=Back In Character)

I reserve the right to add to these rules as I see fit and without notice.
Please have a basic knowledge of the game
Have fun! If you don't... *evil grin*

So, I'm sorry I made you read all that, and please join!

PS I'm new here and I have only made a few posts so far, so please bear with me is I mislead you. This may be my forum but it's not mt site! (Not yet anyway...)
Last edited by flamingogirl22 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
When you smile, I smile. :)
When you laugh, I laugh. :D
When you jump off a bridge, I laugh even harder.=D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

flamingogirl22
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Dragon Age: Origins

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flamingogirl22 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:19 am

I would sincerely appreciate some people joining.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

flamingogirl22
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saddeus on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:06 am

Name: Jace
Best skill: Two Handed
Personality: Jace is a very laid back individual when not on a mission, not the quickest to anger he prefers to see if he can talk his way out of a fight as a way to avoid unnecessary blood shed. ANd most of the time he does just that. With a tongue as sharp as his blade he has made his way unharmed thru enemy territory. When angered or threatened however Jace relies on his two handed claymore to lay down all who stand before him. He handles the blade as huge as his with a surgical grace. Never a wasted movement it has been said that he dances with death.
Bio:Having been raised by his father a knight captain in Denerim he learned the code of the knight and how to fight like one. He studied hard and put his all into being a knight like his father. He achieved his goal and then was sought out by the grey wardens. Proud that they had chose him he accepted and past his test to become a grey warden. His skills and hard work have earned him the highest of honors. Grey Warden Captain. His family lives in Denerim and he visits them as often as he can. His easy smile and soft eyes show the heart of a kind soul and a man never willing to give up hope.
Specializations: Champion, Spirit Warrior
Other: Jace is a master of Coercion. He is so good at talking that he makes other people feel like his opinions and way were theirs long before his own. Some would akin it to mind control but Jace insists its just his silver tongue.
Is this ok?
Support my Rp!

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/the-war-light-t37264.html

Saddeus
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flamingogirl22 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:10 am

Saddeus- Accepted. tell your friends, please!

flamingogirl22
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saddeus on Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:57 am

Alright ill tell everone I know. Its been a while since I've been on rpg so I don't know if they're still on but ill check.

Saddeus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flamingogirl22 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:41 pm

Thanks for helping! I'll ask around too.

flamingogirl22
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saddeus on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:52 pm

Im getting no luck over here. Im sorry :(

Saddeus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Drazel on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:59 pm

I'll take a shot at this. I'll shoot the role for the king.

Name: King Deoxinade Barroman.
Best skill: Fire/Flames.
Appearance: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... 9,r:0,s:37
Personality: King Barroman is like any other king. He thrives for power and control with his army and seeks heroes to conquer for him. However, he also listens to the pleads and requests. Sometimes he denies them, sometimes not. Barroman isn't cruel nor considerate. Just right between them. He does tend to get angry if pulled to extension. And he will do "anything" to get his grudge purified.
Bio: Barroman was born. A great day came. The whole kingdom celebrated the birth of the prince and the future king. Barroman's father trained him as a warrior, but it was useless. With the name "Deoxinade", meaning the strong, it seemed he had a curse of no strength. His father was outraged and almost killed him at his last attempt to train him. Deoxinade was 15 when his father died.. He did not know what happened. Just somehow a great aura took him and backfired his father's sword, beheading himself. A mage stood their that day. He took Barroman in training of the path of flames. A wizard's specialty. Years grew as Deoxinade was king and he at last was also at the greatest limit of his path. His teacher departed his ways and gave barroman a red gem. This gem granted him great power of the flames and his key to power. As till then Barroman conquered lands and was at ease at every lasting day. Until this day..
Specializations: Fire summoner - Master of Flames - Strategic leader
Other: The gem is placed on his crown. Knocking off the gem can cause great mental suffering and loss of power.

((Also im new to this website but have done lots of rps. I'm going to make one myself if you want to join. I think the topic can either go downhill or uphill. I read it in a book so I think it might work. Quest of the shards. Look for it :D also how do you upload a pic instead of the url?))
What's black and white with red all over?

Sir Drazel
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flamingogirl22 on Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:30 am

((i found it and you type Image. the reson it didnt work for that (b/c thats it exactly) is i disables BBCode))

flamingogirl22
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juso on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Name: Holen Fordring
Best skill: Two-Handed
Personality: Holen's personality is "solid" in a true sense of word. A strong man about his beliefs and teachings, Holen stands for what is right, or at least what he thinks is right. His temper can only be peaked when either his livelihood is insulted or in defense of loved ones.
Bio: Holen being no ordinary paladin in the sense he did not stay with the Chantry and finish his training. Setting off into the world he went in search of his own definition of enlightenment and battle training. After nearly a year and a half of finding his own way of life in distant land, Holen returned to the Chantry and was fully adorned the title of Paladin.
Specializations: Magic Reversal - Heavy Combat - Small array of holy spells to do damage.
Other: His father fought in the last war and was killed in the battle for Ostagar. Though he knows if he falls in battle his family line and name dies, he cannot stop the urge of the call to honor and duty.

Juso
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flamingogirl22 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:16 pm

OOC: accepted and i am very sorry it took so long to respond i was away at my grandmothers

flamingogirl22
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juso on Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:41 pm

OOC: No Problem. When we gunna start?

Juso
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Drazel on Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:22 pm

OOC: Flamingogirl22 do you mind if a make a couple of knights and a demonic character as minors?

Sir Drazel
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Name: Keniko
Best skill: Dual Weapon
Personality: Keniko is a quiet individual who believes that action mean a whole lot more than words. She is very harsh and cold on the outside but once you have her loyalty and friendship you will start to see a loyal and devoted person who will fight to the death for the one that she cares for most. Although she looks very fragile, beware that once you get on her bad side, she aims to kill as quickly and as quietly as possible.
Bio: Keniko was born in a small village of a distant lands that was eventually destroyed by the darkspawn. Keniko wander with an older warrior that found her and took her in and train her as they wonder the lands. Years passed and the older warrior died leaving Keniko continue wondering in search of a way to end the darkspawn once and for all but she knew that she could defeat them herself she needed to get help and fast.
Specializations: All weapons, assasion
Other: has a soft spot of drinks ;)

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nezmer on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:13 pm

OOC: Wanted to reserve a spot in this Rp as a recruit is it too late to join?
RELEASE TH'BEAST!

Nezmer
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Penfold on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:38 pm

Name: Beldur
Best skill: Evocation (forgot the spell group with the lightning spells etc etc i think tis evocation)
Personality: Kind to elves and dwarves, distrustful of humans (is dalish elf)
Bio:

Beldur was always one of the more powerful evokers brought to the Circle when he was very young he managed to grasp the elemental magic surprisingly quickly. The Templars say he was saved from darkspawn but he knows the truth. He was taken when he fell ill, his Dalish clan unable to be cure him sadly left him behind but templars found him and had taken to the circle where a group of mages managed to heal him. for the clan only has its keeper and the first the reason why he stays is because he owes his life to the circle and that if he left the templars would kill him. so untill he can leave the tower of his own will he will stay.

He dislikes the humans that he studies with and strives to be more intelligent and more powerful than them to show that despite a thousond years of slavery elves were more graceful and superior. However he will not brag about his power like some of the other humans do.

He is a handsome man not too skill but agile. he has what looks like spider legs coming from the back of his head around to the front, his hair is in a simple ponytail that passes his shoulder blades his voice is light and clear and he is very freindly to any of the other elves but if a human speaks to him he would tend to ignore them unless they genuienly (cant spell it sorry) think he is an equal

He survived the joining when he finally left the circle to become a Grey warden althought he is a memeber of this legendary order even now his loyalties lie first with his Dalish clan. he spends as much time away from the other Human Wardens of his rank and will only tolerate a human Grey Warden if he or she is of a higher rank and treats him as an equal. He does his duty with a focused mind and to the best of his ability. aiming his spells to his the alrgest of targets or as many at once.

Specializations: herbalism, combat training, survival
Other: he is quiet and focused. loyal yet distrusting. (although it looks like it no he wont be a blood mage)
"From void evolved Phyrexia. Great Yawgmoth, Father of Machines, saw its perfection. Thus the Grand Evolution began."
β€”Phyrexian Scriptures

Penfold
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!