Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dragon Ball Z Academy

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Dragon Ball Z Academy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:01 pm

My idea is set a period of time after the last Z-Fighters have stopped fighting threats to the Planet Earth, and the world is in danger. Capsule Corp and the military have banded together to defend Earth, but they are woefully unprepared for the threats coming from the galaxies. Thus, the city council of Hercule City has instituted the formation of the Z-Academy, a tuition-free school meant to train the next generation of Z-Fighters. Taking in students from anywhere in existence, it is a cosmopolitan school, almost a city of its own, that trains its students in the fighting styles and techniques of legendary heroes like Goku, Vegeta, and Piccolo, among others. Many will answer this call, but only the bravest and most dedicated will join the ranks of the new Z-Fighters. During the course of their training, the characters will make friends and rivals, learn new techniques, fight threats to the planet, and perhaps even have some romance.

One of the issues that I have had with Z-Academy in the past is that I thought of it as a school that had a certain amount of years to it before graduation. I was thinking ten years, but as a friend pointed out, that is a bit too short to be believable that someone could master multiple, or even one, Z-Martial Arts within that time period. Thus, I have decided to slightly restructure Z-Academy so that it is a school housing multiple dojos that offer lifelong training. After orientation, students are free to choose their classes, and will receive a starting white belt, moving through the ranks of their chosen school(s) throughout the years. Once they have attained mastery of the style, they will receive a certificate of their mastery, but still be free to train at the school for as long as they wish. Thus, Z-Academy will be the focal point of the story, even after the main characters become Z-Fighters, but this also offers the flexibility for the characters to do their own thing, as well.

Z-Academy features outdoor training areas for sparring (and fighting), a large cafeteria, many dorm buildings for students coming from afar, and a couple surprises, as well. Students are not required to live on campus if they have other accommodations, but they do have that option. Z-Academy is tuition-free, being sponsored by the Japanese government as a public service, but there is a testing procedure requiring the use of Ki. There will be at least eight available classes to choose from, with others being optional and some others being added on, if necessary.

My idea was that most of the main characters would come in young, between the ages of 13 and 16 and grow into adulthood as they mastered their desired styles. There is no age requirement, however, so if you wish to play an older character, you may. Since this roleplay would be long-term, I plan to name the first RP "Z-Academy-Year One" if I get enough interest, and this will cover the first year of study for the students. With each year being self-contained to a point, there would be flexibility and organization regarding characters and their progression, with later years potentially being more fighting bad guys than active study. If you are interested in this idea, you may post in this thread or PM me, whichever is easier for you. I'd like to get at least three people aside from myself interested before I create an OOC, and if I do, I will either post the link to it here or PM it to you, whichever would be more convenient.
"]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Dragon Ball Z Academy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mell0High on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:05 pm

Sign me up, this is what I've been waiting for.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mell0High
Member for 7 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!