Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Dragon's Heart ooc

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

A Dragon's Heart ooc

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hoktoi on Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:38 pm

So this story is basically about an evil force enslaving the dragon race, during the process dragons have turned against the human race. I may think about people having dragons but for now my thought is having only the five members have dragons. Now you’ll notice in my character’s bios I have no dragons mentioned… for a reason! Please do not place a bio of any dragons, I think that the five should find there dragon throughout the story.

As for having any questions, just pm me or ask here and I’ll let you know. Hope most of this is self-explanatory and can’t wait!

Rules:

Races consist of Humans or Elders. I’ll need three elders and five humans
I’m taking an idea of King Arthur and the round table and making it my own. The five humans (plus Gwenyth) will be Ennuswen’s small force, the elders will accompany on the journey, but here’s the thing, one elder has to betray the group. We’ll figure that out later. After these 8 characters any side characters can be accepted (as long as they pm me first) you can have up to 2-3 characters each as I have.
Some obvious rules:
- no god-mode
- no control of other people’s characters (without permission)
- no one liners, at least three full paragraphs
- Absolutely *NO OOC POSTS in the IC thread, please talk here! I want to keep the flow

Elders:
1 -
2 -
3 -
Humans:
1 - Gwenyth of Kaninkarr
2 - Amalia Syoran
3 - Kennet
4 - Jace Pendragon
5 -
6 -
A bit of world history! You probably won’t need to know these, this will be to help you figure it out if I mention a city we move into, or you want to base your character from a certain country.
• The World has four continents but we’ll only be talking about the one continent with four countries: Kajelrir
1. Konuhvar (Ennuswen is from here)
2. Rhakmarrir (Mindadarsda is banished to its royal prisons where she secretly takes up arms to fight back and rule her own land. (use of magic))
3. Kanjachim
4. Kaninkarr (Gwenyth hails from this country)

Konuhvar small cities (plus capital)

- Jadiras is Konuhvar’s capital

Konuhvar’s other cities:

- Jokayrir
- Kagarn
- Jokyk
- Joran
- Kachinrir
- Kjolykir
Rhakmarrir’s small cities (plus capital)

- Krolja is Rhakmarrir’s capital

Rhakmarrir’s other cities:

• Kanor
• Krolja
• Kjaror
• Chakirarn
• Jadar
• Kolar

Kanjachim’s Small cities (plus capital)

- Rakirvar is Kanjachim’s capital

Kanjachim’s other cities:
• Jadirmund
• Jokanarn
• Konararl
• Taithochrir
• Izlyesij
• Ixtomak

Kaninkarr’s small cities (plus capital)

- Namawos is Kaninkarr’s capital

Kaninkarr’s other cities:
• Ixojal
• Etzlenak
• Qaqal
• Izlek
• Namam
• Azim

Here is how the story will start out *still being edited! but this will kind of help*

It was a world filled with peace, a score was just settled and a contract signed. The slavery of dragons was being passed and the last of the dyeing breed were allowed to live out their lives in freedom. The present queen at this time just gave birth to a new daughter and named her Ennuswen. She promised that the entire continent was hers to rule in peace, the day her daughter was born. But little did mother know of a new fate that would one day force upon them.
Mindadarsda was woman’s name, and right hand to Ennuswen’s mother. She never agreed with stopping the dragon slave movement nor did she approve of this woman’s new child. Thus the rebellion began, but only in secret.

[*Edit:] The story line is a mixture of Aurthors round table and Eragon. The dragons can talk to humans telepathically but only if the dragons choose it, the dragon's hold the power.
Last edited by hoktoi on Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.”
~Thomas Merton

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

hoktoi
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: A Dragon's Heart ooc

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hoktoi on Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:43 pm

Here are my three characters that will give you a general idea of the requirements you need.

Name:
    Race:
    Appearance:
    Weapon:
    History:

Dark Queen Bio (the main evil bad-guy):

Name: Mindadarsda
Race: Elder
Sex: Female
Appearance: Click here
Weapon: (as seen in picture above)
History: Mindadarsda was Ennuswen’s mother’s right hand and head Elder for many of years. Every so many generations, magical powers skip a line and a queen or king is required to have a head elder to help continue on with ruling the continent. Ennuswen’s mother was a very unusual queen, and violence was not her pleasure. She helped in passing the law to ban dragon slavery once and for all. This did not please Mindadarsda and so she wished to take revenge upon her queen. Yet, such an untimely event happened during her plans, and Ennuswen was born. Mindadarsda decided to hold off, to see how much of the little queen she could control. If she could help it, the dragons would be workers again. That was what they were created for, to serve the humans!

Light Queen Bio:

Name: Ennuswen
Race: Human
Weapon: Bow and Arrow
History: Ennuswen was born into a time of peace and that was all she ever grew up knowing. She secretly despised Mindadarsda but would never speak such things about her mother’s head elder. Ennuswen grew into a life of reading, she was aware she needed to learn of the wars and tribulations that can appose on life, but as for experience she would merely have to trust the reign of peace would last until and beyond her own death. Though her suspicions of Mindadarsda’s person was always present, she had no acknowledgement of the events about to unfold.

Warrior Chief Bio:

Name: Gwenyth of Kaninkarr
Weapon: (as seen in picture)
History: Gwenyth grew up in a home of brother’s and a father. Being the youngest of the group her mother died at birth and was left to fight her way into a family. Her father tried very hard to find an experienced maiden to teach her the way of a woman’s life, but Gwenyth’s heart forever remained in the fighting ways of the men. She watched her brother’s fight in the listings as she grew up, and after they trained with the men, they promised to teach her something too. Sadly the only goal her skills were used with was hunting and defending her family’s farm from local cattle raids. She longed for travel, and little did she know the adventure about to await her.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

hoktoi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AnoÇieregi on Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:57 pm

Greetings Hoktoi,

I like the look of your idea, but I've got a few questions...

Can you give a bit more information about the Elders? For example - are they all from one country? What is their status - good, neutral, evil? Are they named Elders because they have lived a long time? Are all Elders supporting the slavery of dragons? Can Elders have a dragon?

In regards to the humans - do you want them all to be supporting Ennuswen and want to help save the dragons? Or can there be a human that wishes to control the dragons by means of gaining an egg and conquering from there?

If I may - can I request a human character? And is there a limit on having a human [u]and[u/] an Elder character?
Whirlwinds of tempestuous fire...

Ah Joy! That in the embers, something doth live...

AnoÇieregi
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hoktoi on Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:36 am

AnoÇieregi wrote:Greetings Hoktoi,

I like the look of your idea, but I've got a few questions...

Can you give a bit more information about the Elders? For example - are they all from one country? What is their status - good, neutral, evil? Are they named Elders because they have lived a long time? Are all Elders supporting the slavery of dragons? Can Elders have a dragon?

In regards to the humans - do you want them all to be supporting Ennuswen and want to help save the dragons? Or can there be a human that wishes to control the dragons by means of gaining an egg and conquering from there?

If I may - can I request a human character? And is there a limit on having a human [u]and[u/] an Elder character?

Sure thing, I’ll start off with the elders; I had a history worked out, but it was late so I could only get a general idea down. ^_^
The point of an elder is for them to follow their ruler. In this case the three elders would hold allegiance to Ennuswen. The idea of having one Elder betray the group is that the elder would take sides secretly with Mindadarsda. Besides the elder that betrays Ennuswen all of them are against slavery to dragons. As for an Elder having a dragon, I haven't decided that yet, only for the fact that Elders will hold powers. General magic, nothing out of the ordinary, which I will be monitoring. Hope that answers your question about the elders.
As for the humans: In the end the humans will be supporting Ennuswen, they can challenge her ruling and not agree with her but in the end they'll suck it up and join the group. My character Gwenyth will not be pleased with the queen; I'll probably make it more so a jealousy thing, but she will fight for her cause. As for humans being against Ennuswen that would have to be a human other then the five.
You can have a human character and an elder, seeming as you are the first to respond. Just pm me whether or not you want to be a betrayer elder. That way we can keep it secret... if not, go for it and post your bio.

If you need anymore answers to anything, let me know. Hope I explained everything okay...

hoktoi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:48 pm

Name: Amalia Syoran
Sex:Female
Appearance: (I'll get a pic soon)
Tall, with a slender yet fit build. She has a fair copper complection, with long dark hair that falls in wavy black locks past her waist. She has brilliant blue eyes and a few scars here and there.
Weapon: Two Katanas, each with a dark silver blade; one has an ivory handle, the other has an ebony.
History:
Amalia hails from the country of Kanjachim, specifically the city of Ixtomak. Though the idea of having a home is one she can barely fathom. She was raised on the road, by her Uncle, an Assassin. Her mother and father died when she was barely three years old, and so she was raised in the nomadic lifestyle. While she grew accustomed to it, she sometimes grew to long for a life different from her own. She cared not for what it was, as long as it was different. But it was not a bad life.
You see, despite the general imagery of Assassins as bloodthirsty, greedy, and selfish, Amalia and her Uncle, hailed from a specific Sect, known as the Phoenix Creed. Bound by the code of honor, they are not allowed to kill women or children, or those who follow the law. And, more importantly, they kill for a particularly high price. They services do not come cheaply.
So, Amalia and her Uncle lived a life that was profitable financially, yet left her feeling empty. She became an efficient killer, sure. She made her first mark when she was twelve. But she always felt like this was not her path. Yet to please her Uncle, she made no complaints.
Yet, when she was 18, her Uncle was betrayed by a client when one of their assignments when badly. He was murdered, for reasons still unknown to her. She has been traveling for years hunting down the mysterious client to claim revenge, hoping to find some sort of peace. She left the Phoenix sect, becoming a Djion, or a lone Assassin. Rare and usually feared above others, since they answer to no one but themselves.

OOC: Hi, this is my character's profile. Hope it's okay :)
"Humor is reason gone made."- Groucho Marx
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."- George Carlin
"It is better to know some of the questions before all of the answers."- James Thurber

Image Image Image Image Image

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:27 pm

Name: Jace Pendragon
Sex: Male
Appearance: http://heise.deviantart.com/art/Ga-MAN-48836450 Something like that, minus the clawed hand.
Weapon: A legendary blood red longsword said to be indestructable and ever sharp, named Exitus (end in Latin)
History: He is related to Arthur, a much younger half brother or nephew, as he is descended from Uther Pendragon. The blood of legends runs in his veins, but he has no knowledge of this, or of the Pendragon clans nobility and heritage. He grew up with his mother, his grandparents, his aunt and uncle, and his three cousins on a large rural farm on the outskirts of a small city laying in a valley in the mountains. He has worked as a farmer (with his grandfather) and blacksmith (with his uncle) all his life, as well as hunting and sparring with his cousins. He is still very naive, and enjoys his small town life.

((I'd like him to be one of the five main human characters with a dragon if at all possible.))

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AnoÇieregi on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:55 pm

Name: Kennet

Race: Northern Mountain Barbarian

Sex: Male

Appearance: Kennet stands at a good 5'5 feet tall. He is lightly built and toned with a hint of the bunched muscles that bely his small figure. Considered scrawny by his barbarian people, he has learned to manipulate the power of first impressions and use the element of surprise. Brought up in a civilisation (if you could call it that) that scorned weakness and where invalids were left to the mercy of nature, Kennet has grown up striving for the best, for only the fittest survive. Dressed in tanned-hide leggings, he generally moves about barefoot whatever the terrain may be (however, in group battle, he wears studded boots which are a useful implement in crushing enemy's skulls. He disdains clothing for it can impede a person in battle, so remains shirtless - the weather not bothering him. His wrists are protected by steel circlets, the only form of armour on his body. His bare chest is marked with scars, old and new and the left nipple is pierced with the barb of an enemy arrow (that was retrieved from his shoulder and to commemorate the swift killing of the archer). A cord about his neck contains a twisted and convoluted ornament with what appears to be smoke swirling about inside it. It is a protection from magics up to an intermediate level. His face is dominated by an arrogant curl to his lip for he believes his race to be invincible and looks down on the soft civilians of towns. Red hair grown long is tied back with a leather thong and both ears have numerous piercings. His eyes are a strange brown that seem to turn red when he is elated (and that emotion generally comes from combat and killing).

Weapon: Two-ended glaive is much preferred, but he has trained with short, long and two-handed swords, bows and throwing implements.

History: It can be said that a mountain barbarian has earned his right to life a hundred times over. Tested countless times as he grows up - he must show that he can defend himself and kill others - for that is the way of life in the North. Trials upon trials are conducted and only the strongest young survive - including females. Training first with their own tools, their hands and feet, they learn defence and attack. Gradually weapons are introduced and any who fail are quickly killed.

It is a tough life and surprisingly there are large numbers still living. Possibly the survival of the strongest and fittest has ensured that the gene is passed on.

The word of dragons and their freedom from slavery has made Kennet and many a young barbarian wish for an alliance with dragons and future conquest of the rest of the continent.

AnoÇieregi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hoktoi on Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:11 pm

Wolfangel, good job, love the history and how you made it your own. Just let me know, you want to be one of the 5 or an elder or something else?

Gabriel, accepted,as one of the five. A dragon will come but I want to be out on our task before we talk about that, as it get's closer I'll explain how we will come about our own dragons. I decided it would be best if we found ours in our own way. I'll let you know when it's allowed time to find dragon's.

And thanks Ano, I'll mark you down as an elder you wanted to be?

hoktoi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:56 pm

I'd like to be one of the five, if that's alright :)

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AnoÇieregi on Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:04 pm

I'll write up an Elder bio soon. Kennet is one of the five humans.

AnoÇieregi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hoktoi on Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:27 pm

Yes, of course Wolf, no problem!
Oh, and Ano, yes sorry for that. It's a good thing I didn't put your names down yet. ^_^

Alright I'm going to go ahead and say we can wait for one more before we post, but if you grow impatient go ahead and post something. My biggest thing of you all don't mind is having a post that explains your characters journey in getting to Ennuswen's kingdom, as I have done for Gwenyth.

I'm not really too picky, I'll let you know if something doesn't feel right, but you probably won't have to worry about that.

hoktoi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:42 pm

My village is inside the kingdom, is that ok?

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hoktoi on Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:45 pm

Oh yes, that's perfectly fine... ^_^

hoktoi
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!