Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat โ€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dragon RP?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Dragon RP?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shady joker on Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:24 pm

So I want to run a game where the player characters are all dragons. I have no idea what they be doing. Anyone interested in this?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

shady joker
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Dragon RP?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NumberXero on Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:38 pm

Ha, not very detailed. I'd like to take part though. Perhaps help with a more detailed description.
- Xero the prodigy.
Bรกs Saoire

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NumberXero
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shady joker on Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:41 pm

I am open to suggestions. I picture the world ruled by dragons and humans split into many fiefdoms each controlled by a dragon or noble human. I picture the players a band of dragons out to make thier name in the world. Maybe battle other dragons or human heroes. Right now the idea is very open and I need more direction.

shady joker
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arxis on Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:59 pm

What if there were humanoids that can transform/shape-shift into Dragons?

Arxis
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shady joker on Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:04 pm

I think dragons can shape shift into a humanoid form. I'm debating that part a little. I have a dragon table top rpg but it is broken system wise. Should we use a system for this or go free form?

shady joker
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OxiriusZoom on Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:20 pm

I'd suggest freeform, since the system is broken lol... I would be interested, I have a question: will there be a specific species of dragons or whatever?

OxiriusZoom
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shady joker on Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:29 pm

Honestly no. Dragons pick there breath weapon and are colored how ever they want to be. All players must be dragons though none of this human that can be a dragon temporarily nonsense.

shady joker
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JewelGlutton on Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:33 pm

This does sound epic. If I may make a few suggestions, I will.

But I wanna join. Like, really bad. I know different Dragon types. I wanna be an Asian Lung Dragon. I'll color it later and stuff. Asian Lungs are wise Dragons, capapble of spepch, and stuff.

JewelGlutton
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:44 pm

I wish I could join this, but that would be selfish, since I'm going on a two-month hiatus midway through January and won't be able to post.

However, I want to see this RP become successful. Therefore, I'll help you guys plan it.

Right now, it sounds like shady's got down what creatures will and won't be playable in this world. What you need now is a plot. You have a world that has humans and dragons, correct? In order to make this interesting, you need conflict and character interaction. What would force these dragon characters to come together, and what kind of enemy would present a challenge to dragons, who are fast, strong, and fierce?

I have some ideas, but I want to see what you guys throw around for now.

~Music

Music
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shady joker on Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:32 pm

The two big ideas are these.

1. Demons ,or some such force, invade the world forcing dragons to band together and fight them off.

2. Human kingdoms rebel and force dragons to band together to squash the rebellion.

The problem I'm facing plot wise is making this game more then a huge brawl against npc characters.

shady joker
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chexmix5 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:04 pm

What if a long time ago, Demons were exiled to some Mordor-like land for some unforgiveable crime. This starts a huge war that the Dragons eventually win. After the Demons are gone for a while, the dragons take primary control over the land. After many, many years, a human settlement is completely destroyed, and the humans start a rebellion against the dragons, believing they are to blame. However, in the midst of the confusion a band of dragons(the players) find out that the Demons were behind the attack. Thus bringing on a Second Great War.

The RP will start just after the Human settlement was destroyed, and will move on from there.

That's my first plot idea. See what you like out of that, if anything at all.

chexmix5
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:00 pm

A valiant idea, chexmix. And, it's not up to me to decide whether it is the plot idea that you will use in the end.

As shady pointed out, you need to take the conflict weapon and aim it somewhere. Preferably at each other. You could make it so that some people have to play evil characters, or you could create two equally justified factions to play out and let all hell break loose.

Another option I'm fond of is having a group of characters start on a relatively unimportant journey or quest and end up wrapped up in all this plot mess. Not the perfect solution, but it is a way to involve a few characters, if there are any that wouldn't normally want anything to do with your plot.

Shady, you want freeform conflict? Have at it. I think the best option is just to let characters fight it out, and if you, the GM, doesn't think that something is fair, or that something is overpowered, then you can throw more stuff at 'em, or give the weaker side something to work with. Don't worry about any complex system until you know what the conflict is and where you want to head with your plot.

Strength can be decided by number of hits. For example, a dragon could take seven serious hits without being affected seriously, but eight would take it down. Demons would probably be a tad weaker.

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shady joker on Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:56 pm

http://media.photobucket.com/image/dragon%20sizes/flyingmice/Dragon-Size.gif?o=6

Okay using the size charts I will rule all dragons are Mammoth sized and roughly the same age. So everyone has equal footing.

shady joker
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!