Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Drifting Through the Void: Interest Check + CO-GM(s) needed

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Drifting Through the Void: Interest Check + CO-GM(s) needed

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Illusionist on Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:42 am

This is a RP based on the universe presented in the Firefly TV show and Serenity movie, but if you haven't seen either it's okay. Not much prior knowledge is required.

So the basic idea is that, in the future, earth runs out of resources and humans pack up and leave to a new system of stars and planets which they 'terraform' to make inhabitable. Terraforming has different effects on different planets, so some of the new planets seem just like the old earth while others are barron and dusty, or mostly covered in water, or whatever. Either way humans inhabit these planets. The first planets to be terraformed are called the core planets and these planets generally enjoy great wealth. Later the boarder planets were terraformed and these planets are generally poverty stricken with the rim planets (the ones furthest away from the core) being the most extreme examples.

My RP will be set a long time before the events of Firefly and Serenity; the planets will be self governed and not yet united into an alliance. It's about a group of people, from different walks, who choose to lead a life drifting through space together in a FireFly class transport ship instead of living on whatever planet they were born on. Some are forced into this life by circumstance, some running from the law, some just in search of adventure or a better life, or whatever. They keep themselves fed by taking on odd jobs here and there which would range from transporting cargo from one planet to another, to smuggling and theft. At times (and at first) they'll generally be pretty poor, just getting by on the bare basics, but maybe somehow in the future they'll come to have loads of money.

The story will be character driven. I plan for the RPers to take a little extra time to create characters that compare and contrast well with eachother and the GMs will come up with plot situations that take into account the personalities and backgrounds of the characters to bring out conflict, romances, and such.

I have some twists in mind involving a corporation called 'Blue Sun' but none of the details are set in stone yet. If the RP goes well I plan to really explore some loose ends in the FireFly universe.

So, If you're interested in playing in this RP let me know and I'll PM you once I find a good Co-GM or two and we manage to get an OOC up. No offense to the illiterate but it's important to have good grammer and spelling. Also I'd like to see everyone give some lengthy descriptive posts every now and then, which really add to the story.

If you're interested in being a GM it's preferable you be a FireFly fan, though it's not required. It is, however, required that you have enough free time to GM an RP (duh).
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep ... and miles to go before I sleep.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Illusionist
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Drifting Through the Void: Interest Check + CO-GM(s) needed

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:31 am

I'd be interested in this. Firefly was over before I even knew it existed but I enjoyed Serenity. I have two questions though, one being if the characters will already be on the ship together? Also, will the Reavers will already be in existence?
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dex
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Let me take this question, why would you ask if Reavers would be in existence, there is no alliance, and serenity very clearly showed the alliance is the one who created the reavers,

hence no alliance equals no reavers, not to say there won't be any crazies, they just won't be reavers.

Sounds cool but I can't join, got too many on my plate right now.
Card Captor Sakura ~ KAWAIIIII!
And for those wondering, yes I am a guy, yes I do read romance, and yes, I am Straight.

Mistress Faye, my laser tits accidentally fired and melted the cash register. ~ Questionable Content

Hal_Wannabe
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Interested, though I still need to watch Firefly...
samquestionablegunnerkriggpennydresdenandxkcdcontentcourtfuzzycodakarcade

bluewolf482
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Drifting Through the Void: Interest Check + CO-GM(s) needed

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Illusionist on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:22 am

While the planets aren't yet in an alliance, the forces behind the Alliance do exist. The BIue Sun corporation I mentioned is going to be a main force and they'll already have plans to bring about the Alliance. During the beginning of the story Blue Sun might be making the Reavers or maybe they already have? It's up for debate.

http://www.fireflywiki.org/Firefly/BlueSun <---a must read for FireFly fans

I plan to start the RP just after all the characters start traveling together, so they'll already be on the ship but maybe not all well acquainted.

Illusionist
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!