Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Elfpunk/Mythpunk interest check

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Elfpunk/Mythpunk interest check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:39 pm

Well folks, all the role plays I'm in seemed to have died or gone to hibernation for a little while, so I need something else to do (although I am trying to get this game off it's feet: the-frontier-ooc-t29218.html )

Anyways, as the title suggests, you would be interested in joining an Elfpunk and/or Mythpunk game?

Whats Elfpunk you might ask? Well Elfpunk is a genre of urban fantasy in which faeries and elves are transplanted from rural folklore into modern urban settings and Mythpunk is the same but with Mythic beings. I happen to have tomorrow off and can spend time working up a plot for the game. I'll also take any ideas that you might have.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Re: Elfpunk/Mythpunk interest check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monroe on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:49 pm

Sounds interesting, but I'm not familiar with either of those concepts. Are they something I can wiki? (Haha, my oh-so-reliable sources, right?) If you get a plot underway, I'd definitely love to hear it. Sorry your other ones have slowed down lately! I read through your Victorian space odyssey one- The Frontier?- and the basis sounded solid. The only thing that kept me away was the heavy military and combat aspect of it, which has never been my forte. This new one might be more up my ally though.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Monroe
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gothcakes on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:50 pm

sounds great I'm in but I don't really have any ideas for you but if I get any I'll be sure to let you know

Gothcakes
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:56 pm

The funny thing Monroe, I found both those genres on Wiki. Maybe I will also work on a none-combat game for my Victorian era universe.

Anyways, I'll start cooking something up for this. Would you like to see Just an Elfpunk game, just a Mythpunk game or some mix of the two?

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monroe on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:00 pm

Can we go for a fourth option and do monkpunk? ; -)

Nah, I'm actually feeling elfpunk more than mythpunk, but it's up to you.

Monroe
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:51 pm

Alright, anyone else have any ideas?

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spadesy on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:57 pm

I like the idea.

I think it should be a mixture of both, as that would allow for a more diverse group of characters, which in my opinion makes things more interesting. Just to clarify, an example of mythpunk would be like werewolves and the like in a modern setting? If so, which era in time?
"Oh what you do to me, no one knows..."

Spadesy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:07 am

I would consider werewolves to be separate from Mythpunk but say, a dragon game set in the "real world" would be and I was planning on a modern setting.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mkkidd on Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:20 am

Hey, It could be fun, if it starts going PM me and I'll join.

Mkkidd
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lee on Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:16 am

I like the idea. I'm up for both Elfpunk and Mythpunk. I'll keep an eye on this thread XD
I hope this happens cause it sounds awesome and let you know if I come up with any ideas for a plot-ish thing.

Lee
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smeagle the Great on Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:08 am

I've never tried it before, but I'd take a a crack at it. PM me when you plan to kick this off.

Smeagle the Great
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:03 am

Interesting. I think a mixture of both would be cool.
Maybe... I have an idea for it... >w>

A dragon somehow finds itself in the modern world, and wreaks havoc on the human populace.
To defeat it, heroes are brought forth from a fantasy world to engage the creature in combat.
Of course, we'd also need some other villains besides the dragon.
And we could have some modern day humans and such join in on the fun.

What do you think?

Myth
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:20 am

That does sound interesting Myth and I will work in some of those elements into the game, mostly because as I was trying to fall asleep last night, an idea came to me.

Anyways, my idea was to have a fantasy world where a once great Elven nation has been pushed back into their capital city by a vast host of goblin-like creatures (they may be goblins or something else, not decided yet). Escape is impossible for them at this point, save for the workings of their greatest mage, who has discovered how to create a portal to a new part of the world. now, as he is finish the gateway for the thing, he gets killed by some goblin archers that managed to slip into the city, as they break down the city's gate. Without the mage to finish the spell work, the portal is not anchored to one destination and starts ripping through the cosmos (and into the modern day but fictional American city of Pineberg). As the goblins swarm into the city, the elves have two choices; stay and die or flee through the portal. Now the portal splits into a tone of mini-portals, as it reaches Earth, scattering Elves about the place. Also, because it's not anchored, portals start opening in different places, allowing other creatures to cross over and starting bringing at least three worlds crashing together, which will destroy all of them.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lee on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:32 pm

sounds awesome. Though we could still mix the two so it was just creatures from the fantasy world in general and nit just elves. Just a suggestion though.

Lee
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:21 pm

That would be the general idea in the last sentence of my idea there Lee.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lee on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:28 pm

ohh... *slams forehead* yeah I see that now. ((Long day :P))

Lee
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shi-chan on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:33 pm

Wow, I really like this idea! It's not to late to say I wanna join up is it?

Shi-chan
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:35 pm

Well, seeing as I've only begun to work on the OOC thread for it, no, its not too late.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaterLily on Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:18 pm

i like the idea, it reminds me a bit of the set up jim butcher has in the dresden files. but i have a few questions
1)were the goblins trying to take over the elven kingdom or destroy the elves?
2)would the war continue on in the human world?
3)did this version of the human world already have some magical influences or would it be more of a magic free world that gained magical power from the influence of the portals and its new residences.
4)would you want to go in a more hellboy(comics not movies) direction w/ the magical creature human world integration?
5)would the humans, or specialized groups and possible government secs, be aware of all of these happenings?

WaterLily
Member for 15 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:45 pm

I've never watched the dresden files but cool. Now for some answers

1. The goblins were trying to replace the elves as the dominate power on their world, the only way they know how, to destroy the elves.
2. It might, if the portal allowed any large number of goblins through at anyone time or anyone place. Any attempt to send in troops would lead them to getting just as scattered as the elves.
3. Magic free world and all new residences start losing magic from being on Earth
4. Never read the comics, so I can't answer that one
5. Yes, yes and yes. The everyday humans would know if the elves popped suddenly into their coffee shops. Government and special interest types would know almost as fast and could play as a secondary Antagonist force.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!