Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Emotion

a topic in Poetry, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

For the assorted types of poetry.

Emotion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bootsie on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:51 pm

Commentary appreciated :)

Rather than illness seeping through the veins
The grey, pooling decay of age
Or murder to mute the breath

What if emotion
Executed our reaping
When we could no longer bear its torture

In a beggar’s pose I plead
Gift me a short life

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bootsie
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Emotion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cleril on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:30 am

I think your poem devalues itself. With this I mean that you claim emotion is torture or at least doing something negative to us. And then to agonize this you plead for a short life. It promotes a sense of apathy towards life and the aspects of line which can be positive experiences in some long distant time. It also negates that intellect can avoid hazardous effects of emotion (and enhance them) and alter emotion into positive lights.

Of course your poem does garnish at least one positive; It made me think and that's all I wanted.

Thank you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cleril
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Emotion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:04 am

I really like your style. It's nice to see poetry that is more a rambling form of expression instead of hard rhymes and images so concrete I can taste the dust in the air.

I really liked the last line, "in a beggars pose I plead .. "

It's brief, it's bleak, and yeah, like Cleril says - it made me think.

-VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!