Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Empathy

a topic in Poetry, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

For the assorted types of poetry.

Empathy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circa on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:24 pm

I guide you
We walked to a private field
and miles away from the city
We closed our eyes and
take deep breaths.
Suddenly our breath is outside
and in a desperate coup d'etat
the wind blows us right off our feet
So spiraling out of control.
I soar higher.
Stiff as ever and
you tightly hold my hand,
scared that you will fall
to your death below.
I tell you to calm down and
open up your heart.
And miles above the world,
you hear someone cry out.
So I turn to you and explain
that this exhilarating
flight is caused by them.

and as response to your
puzzled look I say,

The sound you are hearing is honesty;
that is the only sound that can
make it way up here.
They cry out because they are experiencing
the most honest part of life ever:
The moment before Death...
and as an empath I have been blessed with
the responsibility of soothing their
restless souls, in this; their most
desperate time of need.
And stars
and clouds.
and gods and angels watching me
frantically fly from charge to charge.
DYING HUMANS DESPERATE!!

{{I wrote this almost one month ago, and despite it's prose-y sound was meant to be a free-verse about Empathy. Writing a poem from this first person POV was odd to say the least which is why I am requesting feedback. I have whole gallery of works and as soon as I find a proper place for shameless self promotion you lot will be the first to know}}
Sweating doesn't do justice and little drops of salty water.
So tearing off my skin I feel my body burning up again.
Thought this coverless existence would leave me breathing or exposed
with no face to face with outside pain and burning are new skins
Searching for your friends! RIP OFF MY SKIN! TEAR OFF MY SKIN!
I feel me burning up again! -Moi

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Circa
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Empathy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:35 pm

Hey there, Circa! This is the place to post your original works of poetry!

I write first person poetry, primarily, but that certainly doesn't make me an expert. You certainly have found a distinct voice within the narrator, and that itself must be marked as a triumph. Free verse poetry is something I'm partial to - I'm left feeling a bit like standing and watching seagulls flying and soaring over something. Huh.

Please keep posting your work!

-VV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Re: Empathy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightpain on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:34 pm

Great work! like the above, i also enjoy first person pov, it's what i'm good at.
something i've always gotten positive comments on is the amount of imagery i put into the poems.
great way to do that is close your eyes, imagine what you're writing, where it is, what the weather feels like, are there any smells you can detect, warmth of the sun? what your clothes feel like, maybe you smell something you dont like.

keep up the awesome poetry! the imagery is just something i personally like, maybe you can write one loaded with it lol i'd love that.

Good luck!

Nightpain
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!