Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Entity's Character Portrait Shop

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

Entity's Character Portrait Shop

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:42 pm

About:
This character portrait shop is about providing a service to the site community that have a need or want for character portraits. Within the subsequent posts after this will illustrate samples of portraits I have done, how to request a character portrait, and the pricing of them. This service may or may not in the future expand into future endeavors. This service will be ran like a business and as the case is in business to make character portraits people will love.

Importance Notice: I only do fantasy/medieval character portraits right now.

Note: This post will change in the future as I expand the shop to include other RPing needs or wants that the site community could use.
Last edited by Entity of Sin on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Entity's Character Portrait Shop

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:47 pm

Rules:
1. Only make one request at a time.
2. I reserve all rights to use any finished portrait that is requested for any purpose I personally find for it.
3. I reserve the right to deny anyone this service for any undisclosed or disclosed reason. You would have had to push some serious buttons to get denied a portrait.
4. No one's portrait request will be bumped ahead of someone else's. I will list all the requests I have for character portraits in order that have been requested. This includes people inside and outside the site community and the number of character portraits requested. Don't harass me either if I get swamped with requests.
5. If you have questions about something, please PM me or post it in the thread. If I don't reply to your question in a reasonable amount of time, PM me. I will not explain how I make the portraits though -- so don't ask.
6. I will not trade character portraits for your artwork. This isn't up for discussion.
7. Fantasy/Medieval character portraits only.
8. I reserve any right to add or subtract from my rules. Though I really doubt I will need to.

Note: Replaced the word "commission" with something else. Reason: I don't want to make real money off this and it originally was written from a Gaia Online user's point of view of making Gaia Gold.
Last edited by Entity of Sin on Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:51 pm

Character Portrait Samples:
Character portraits are categorized into two listings: Basic and Elaborate. When samples are completed that I feel are worth show casing, I will post them up in their respective area of this thread. In addition to that, they are only meant to illuminate the differences between both categories and are by no means are necessarily for use but have the potential to becoming used.

Basic Character Portrait Samples:
ImageImageImageImage

Elaborate Character Portrait Samples:
[In the process of making some.]
Last edited by Entity of Sin on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:54 pm

How to Order:
Fill out the request form below and PM it to me for fast and immediate notice or post the order in the thread. After you have sent the form in, check back to see if your form has been processed and are listed under the current request list.

Basic Character Portrait Order Form:
Code: Select all
[b]Color Scheme:[/b]
[b]Reference Image (Head):[/b]
[b]Reference Image (Main Body):[/b] (What kind of physical structure does the character have?)
[b]Reference Image (Hair):[/b] (List hair color)
[b]Reference Image (Eye):[/b] (List eye color)
[b]Reference Image (Clothing/Armor):[/b]
[b]Reference Image (Skin Tone/Color):[/b]

Elaborate Character Portrait Order Form:
Code: Select all
[b]Color Scheme:[/b]
[b]Reference Image (Head):[/b]
[b]Reference Image (Main Body):[/b] (What kind of physical structure does the character have?)
[b]Reference Image (Hair):[/b] (List hair color)
[b]Reference Image (Eye):[/b] (List eye color)
[b]Reference Image (Clothing/Armor):[/b]
[b]Reference Image (Skin Tone/Color):[/b]
[b](Weapons):[/b] (Yes or No. If Yes, tell what kind of weapon(s).)
[b]Texture/Pattern Usage:[/b] (Yes or No. If Yes, tell what kind of textures/patterns you want used from my Texture and Pattern listing.)
[b]Accessory Details:[/b] (This is things like facial scars, scratches on armor, quiver of arrows sticking up from behind, etc. Just ask what I can do for you on this one as it varies from one thing to another. I will have a list of stuff I can do at some point in time.)

Texture/Pattern List:
[None right now.]
Last edited by Entity of Sin on Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:57 pm

Request Listing:
[None right now.]

Portrait Shop Deals:
I will be posting any shop deals I have here. I don't have any at the moment but will be thinking some up when I can.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:35 pm

Updated some wording throughout the thread. I didn't want to make it sound like I was trying to make money off this stuff because I wasn't attempting to. I simply want to make free character portraits to those that need or want them. Nothing more than that.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Noctemwolf on Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:50 pm

You want us to post them here, or send them to you in a PM?
Slow Poster Alert: Expect me to post, but be ready to wait. Life is hectic.
Image Image

Noctemwolf
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Yeah, you can post it here or PM it to me. I don't really care.

Gonna edit some stuff in this thread if I can.

EDIT: Looks like I can't edit any of my old posts. That's such bullshit.

Anyways, for anyone else that's reading this post and wants a portrait, just ignore the order form and give me a character description instead. I'll try to make it as accurate as possible.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Noctemwolf on Mon May 03, 2010 4:35 pm

[][][]...
Last edited by Noctemwolf on Tue May 04, 2010 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Noctemwolf
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Mon May 03, 2010 10:11 pm

You didn't actually tell me much.

Is he like a machine or something? Cause I can't do that.

Also, I didn't think anyone would really want any portraits anyways. Since I can't edit any of the previous posts that I made, I can't exactly make the entire thread more presentable.

EDIT: I also was going to make tutorial videos explaining how I make the portraits with the renders I use. To me that is more beneficial to the community than me just making them. Also, it helps avoid certain questions that I would be answer all the time. I have yet to make any videos (waiting on getting some extra storage devices). Once I have some stuff to cover and how I want to cover the portrait making process, I will make a bunch of videos and make it available for everyone on the site to watch. I plan on doing the same thing for map cartography as well. So it should be a lot of fun to see the kind of feedback I get from something like tutorial videos.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rozwell on Sat May 08, 2010 9:15 am

Oh, Entity! Those look awesome :D! If you're still up for it, how about having a go at my OC?

Rozwell
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Mon May 10, 2010 1:57 pm

I'm assuming OC stands for Original Character.

Uh, which one? You have several. You're going to have to link me to what you want me to work on. I have no idea which character you're talking about. You mean the one that's your avatar? I certainly could give it a try. I would like a little more information though.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rozwell on Tue May 11, 2010 9:06 am

Entity of Sin wrote:I'm assuming OC stands for Original Character.

Uh, which one? You have several. You're going to have to link me to what you want me to work on. I have no idea which character you're talking about. You mean the one that's your avatar? I certainly could give it a try. I would like a little more information though.

Ah! Sorry about that, hehe. I was just wondering if you would be up for it, then I could give you the info <3 But yes it would be the one in my avatar~ Is there anything else I would have to offer other than more info ^-^? If not I can give you a self-drawn image of her right now! :D

Rozwell
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Tue May 11, 2010 1:48 pm

The more information you give to me of a general concept of what she looks like, the better. It really is hard to make an accurate fantasy portrait for someone out of thin air.

Character class, armor (if any), color scheme for hair, eyes and skin, clothing scheme, any and all main weapons.

I also don't mind the self-drawn image either. It probably will give me a bunch of valuable visual information.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Tue May 11, 2010 9:33 pm

Although I can't edit my older posts in the thread, I'm still willing to make anyone fantasy/medieval character portraits for free (for now that is). I Just finished Rozwell's character portrait and now I'm totally up for making another for something. Just post here in the thread or PM me. Either way I'll get it and I do check this thread from time to time.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!