Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Eragon: The New Rider IC

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Eragon: The New Rider IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aika on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:17 pm

OOC: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/eragon-the-new-rider-ooc-signups-t33357.html

Aria sighed as she tied her velvety blue cape around her slender and pale neck. She pulled her silky hair loose from its tight bun and allowed it to lay loose around her delicate face. She walked into her ill mother’s bedroom and planted a gentle kiss on her cheek. “I’ll be back before you know it, Mother.” Aria whispered in her mother’s ears and turned on her heels, to be facing Daniel, the doctor caring for her mother.

“Where are you going, princess?” He asked Aria in a respected voice, bowing just slightly. Aria smiled and looked Daniel in the eyes. “Oh, just going for a quite walk to clear my mind. When Mother wakes up and she asks for me, can you tell her? Thank you.” Aria said to Daniel and gave him a quick hug as she escaped her mother’s bedroom and the castle.

Once she was outside, Aria flipped on the hood so she wouldn’t be recognized easily. She headed deep into the forest, going to her favorite place by the waterfall. When she arrived there, Aria removed the hood from her cape and untied it, then set it down on a stone. Aria smiled as she looked around. This was so peaceful. Aria sighed as she dug through dirt, and brought out a flower necklace. Aria examined it carefully and put it around her neck. She did the same with a flower crown. It took two weeks to perfect these two items-and she finished.

Aria loved making simple, but beautiful, stuff out of simple things. Aria stood up and twirled around; humming a gentle lullaby her mother would hum to her. She picked up the edges of her dress and spun around, eyes closed, letting the gentle win carry her as she pretended to be dancing with someone.

Her head quickly snapped up and she shook out of her daze when she heard twigs cracking in the forest. “W…who’s there?” She asked.
Kill Them With Kindness :D

I got the great news... I'm having a little GIRL!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aika
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Eragon: The New Rider IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dusk Shard on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:10 pm

Zanell leaned against the tree her dagger in one hand and the other against the rough bark. Before her was another of her kind and she stood still watching for a moment. The hood came off and then the flowers were put on. She smiled at the carefree spirit she saw in the other. It was not something that she often saw. She stepped away from the tree and walked to the edge of the wood. There she stood until the girl noticed her and asked who was there.

She stepped forward into the light and gave a slight bow of her head in greeting. Quickly not to seem like she would cause trouble she put her dagger in it’s sheathe around her waist. She then looked at the girl and smiled showing her nothing but kindness.

“I am Zanell, I apologize for startling you.” She examined the girl thoroughly and had found no signs of a weapon. “You are here alone with no protection?”

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dusk Shard
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aika on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:19 pm

Aria jumped back when seeing the women stepping out. She relaxed a little when she could tell the woman, named Zanell, wouldn't harm her. "I'm Princess Aria." She said and removed the flower crown and hiding it behind her back. "Hmph. I'm an adult. I am allowed to wonder my forest if I just so chose to." Aria said to the women defensvely.

She than glanced at the ground. "Besides, my mother is ill and I needed the fresh air." She said softly, her eyes soft and welling up with tears. "I'm sorry." Aria said to the woman in front of her, wiping away the tears that escaped from the corners of her eyes.

Aika
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WolfofValor on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:41 pm

Kenito walked through the forest, letting the spear in his hand rest freely. Though there was never really any sign of hostility in this forest, he still put on his armor every morning. It is how he remembered his father, every morning before his death Kenito would ask him where he was going. His father would simply respond ''To find where I belong" The meaning of his father's words were a puzzle.

His spear rose into a fighting posture as he reached a clearing. The time to practice was now, the spear so effortlessly being maneuvered around. The style of fighting looked rather like a dance, with all the spinning, the jumps, and the flips. The edges of the blade would sing as the air broke. Even during something as ruthless as battle, a peaceful element can be found. Music can be made by the whistle of blades, the ringing of blades colliding. Kenito's eyes closed as his feet and arms followed the very feel of the blade.

'' When those of my people are in danger..'' He queitly spoke, continueing his movements, ''I shall give my life to protect them. If evil comes my way, I will not let it pass. On my grave and on my soul, no one I love shall die by such a ghoul. If an evil is to be done, then it is to be for good. For my queen, I shall give my soul to keep her alive. Only by natural means shall one die, if one tries to change this, I shall kill them myself."
With the blood moon rising to the air. The sky turns red, only the stars showing through. Shadows lurk every corner, the wolves howl in a frenzied rage. Watch your back, the wolf of valor has taken the feild.

WolfofValor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dusk Shard on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:59 pm

Zanell frowned and bowed low to the princess. She was uncertain how to act but wanted to make sure of the princesses safety.

“I do not mean to seem rude but the Princess of all people should have protection at all times.” She noted the change from the innocents to the maturity that one of such a status can have. “I did not mean to interrupt your free time. If you do not object I will sit under the tree there and keep watch for you safety until you return home. I will not bother you at all.”

She hoped she wouldn’t get in trouble for this but she was bound to protect all of her people most of all the royalty. It was the natural thing to do.

Dusk Shard
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aika on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:28 pm

Jade crossed her arms, tightening her lips. She than nodded. "Very well. But I'm going to collect some more daises and other flowers. I'll be right back." Jade pointed out to Zanell.

Jade disappeared into the darkness of the towering trees. She was on her knees, picking some flowers when she heard a man speaking to himself. Slowly, Jade stood up, flowers dropping from her hands, on in the side of her hair. "Who's there?" She asked softly, heading to the noise.

Jade just slightly caught the last sentence this strange man was saying. "I shall kill them myself." Jade let out a tiny gasp, then headed closer to the voice. "Who is there? I demand you answer me at once." She said to the mysterious voice.

Aika
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WolfofValor on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:46 pm

(( Jade? Thought it was Aria.))

Kenito slowed his blade to sing one more note before sticking it into th ground. There was a voice, someone was nearby listening in on him. " I am Tsou Kain, a warrior who shall serve thy royalty until death. Now may it be known who is making the demands, show yourself.'' He barked out, who in this part of the forest would just give out demands to strangers. Gazing at the shadows from which the voice came he waited patiently. Someone obviously wondered off a little to far from home.

WolfofValor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aika on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:00 pm

((Whoops. Lol. Ignore that.))

Aria's mouth gaped open and she emerged from the forest, facing the man. "I must have you know I'm Princess Aria, and I didn't like the way you were just speaking to me." Aria said, hands on her hips as she continued staring at the man.

"What part of the forest do you live at?" Aria asked Tsou, her voice easing and calm.

Aika
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WolfofValor on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:15 pm

Kenito's eyes widened, how did he not recognize the princess's voice. He pushed himself down into a kneel infront of her. Holding one hand on his spear. " I am sorry mi'lady, I have been on the edge recently. My oathe is protect you, not to be harsh.'' It was stupid to jump to such harsh conclusions, of course the queen's housing is around these parts.

" I have come from the southern edge of the forest. I was taking care of my mother.." The surprise from meeting the princess in person without a crowd was still unable to subside. Was the queen not sick, no she had to be. News of her treatment would of spread already, the princess must be avoiding it all. " I understand how you feel, not wanting to be around, watching your mother go in pain. Yet there is nothing you can do is there?" His head was still looking down, he wished not to satisfy himself with the view of the princess after such an embarrasing introduction.

WolfofValor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aika on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:21 pm

Aria rolled her eyes as Kenito kneeled in front of her. "Stop that nonsense. I'm a regular person, just like you, don't treat me anything different." Aria told the man as she signaled for him to stand up straight. She made her way over to him and nodded as he explained where he came from. When Kenito began asking Aria about her mother, she just turned around, glancing down and closing her eyes. "No. Dr. Daniels said there's nothing to be done. She's too ill and weak. She has stopped eating and drinking anything. It's not long before...before..." Aria's voice cracked as she fell to her knees, covering her face with her hands, the tears escaping fast and hard.

Aika
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WolfofValor on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:35 pm

(( Brb, have to pick someone up.))
The princess was on the ground, what had Kenito down this time. His formalty just dropped like a rock, the princess was crying. "Aria,'' He slowly walked over, and lightly placed his hand on her shoulder,'' People die, some of us are just unlucky, and have to watch our loved ones go. Nothing can stop it, even if its not natural." He could not help but feel like this was his fault, some how he had to be the one to cheer up the princess.

Kenito pushes himself infront of her, kneeling himself down, moving her hands and looking into her face. '' Would you like to see how I kept peace with myself when times came rough?"

WolfofValor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aika on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:40 pm

Aria shook her head. "She's the only family I have left. After she dies, than I must marry in order to become Queen. Or, at least, to offically become Queen. She than glanced up when he knelt in front of her, her bright blue eyes wet with tears, her hair falling over her delicate face, making her like like a angel statue. When he asked to show her how he would keep place with himself, Aria nodded. "Sure." She said in a soft and delicate voice, not tearing her eyes away from him.

Aika
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Huchiama on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:25 pm

Aio woke up a little before sunrise so he could pack his bags with provisions and other essential items such as extra clothing and first aid materials. He ate a quick breakfast of Oatmeal with blueberries mixed into the oatmeal(I wanted oatmal right now :/). Aio made one final check before grabbing his bag and putting on his cloak and headed out of his home to start his quest." I will save you" Aio would murmur to himself as he began to walk. He decided to start a slow jog beside a river, but he stopped again and sat down beside it to listen to the beautiful sounds of nature.

Aio let his mind roam free, to the north was a family of bunnies, to the far south was a fox scouraging for food, to the east lay newborn birds, and to the west were three elves, he could hear their whole conversation. The three elves zanell, tsou, and princess aria herself. Because he was a very nosey elf he decided to go join them. He would jog at a slow pace until got very close.

Once he got there he decided to test his stealth skills, so he stepped slowly, foot by foot, trying not to make a single sound. His goal was to make it to a tree where he could hear everything clearly. Focused on getting to that one spot he did not see the rabbit scurrying infront of him and he tripped over the poor creature. He would fall and start rolling down a hill his possessions all dropping off of him as he rolled right into a thorny bush in the middle where everyone could see him. After recovering he would say " I am such a clutz..." and pick himself up.

((EDIT: How long do we wait until we post again...say for instance You attack somebody and they block, attack back, you dodge or sumthin like that then you go in for another attack...how long until you can post again??))
Image Image
(\ /)
( . .)
C(" )(" )

Huchiama
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WolfofValor on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:48 pm

Kenito's head barely turned to face the disturbance before ignoring it completely. ''Then come with me.'' he forcefully pulled her up, and held onto her wrist. Making sure that she was willingly following by making his grip weak enough for her to easily slip out. He pushed himself between tree's, the walk was long, but unforgotten. ''We are almost there''

Kenito came at a stop infront of a bush wall, ''and we are here'' , he said quietly pushing through it to make a hole. Through the hole in the bush it was easy to see an open feild covered with nice green grass. Flowers grew in pairs along the feild, yet it was not so much a coincedence. ''This is where my mother and father met, also where my father trained me. Now tell me Aria, have you ever heard a blade sing?"

WolfofValor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aika on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:57 pm

Aria allowed Kenito to pick her up and wrap his arm around her waist, not before she was startled by the unknown noise from the bushes. Kenito led her deeper through the forest, and Aria followed willingly, leaning onto Kenito for support. She gasped in amazement as he opened up the wall covered with bush leaves. The meadow he showed her was beautiful-unlike anything she has ever seen in her life. "I...it's beautiful." Aria managed to utter out.

She stepped forward and bent down, picking a beautiful white flower. "What flowers are these? I've never seen one like it before. They look similar to lilies." Aria said, twirling the delicate and exotic white flower in her hand. When Kenito asked her if she ever heard blades sing, she turned to face him, the wind sweeping her silky hair to the side. "No, but I'd like to." Aria said to Kenito, stepping a little closer to him. "How do you make blades sing?" She asked Kenito curiously.

[[have to get off now, but i'll try to be back on in the morning or sometime tomorrow afternoon to post. bye!]]

Aika
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WolfofValor on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:08 pm

Kenito looked over to see which flower she picked up, '' I have no idea, I was never very good at telling flowers apart." His hand slid over the blade of his spear as the protective covering came off. To get a blade to sing to its finest tune, it must be bare. " Ok Aira, I want you to take my spear, close your eyes, and let your emotions do the rest. They will guide you on steps and rhythm, all you have to do is listen." His spear rolled to his fingure tips as he held it out for the young princess to take. Whether sorrow or happiness take the heart, it will always have a song to sing. "As for finding yourself a king, that is a whole other day. Think of this moment, not the past, not the future. Your emotions now, let them control you freely.

((Ha, goodnight))

WolfofValor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aika on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Aria smiled as she set the delicate and mysterious flower down on the ground. She glanced up as he mover closer to her, bringing out his spear. She nodded as she took the spear from his hands. "Okay." She said softly, closing her eyes shut. She did what he said, relaxing her muscles.

Aika
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WolfofValor on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:43 pm

The trust that the princess could bestow upon any new person astonished Kenito. Though the pressure of being a soon to be queen must be unbearable. Yet to be forced to be married to gain the power of being a queen, where was the joy in that? " So tell me mi'lady have any of the nobles from the north caught your eyes? From the looks of it that will be where your king comes from." He could notice the song was not flowing through her. She is trying to hard not to try, this made him slightly chuckle. Perhaps the princess was under stress. "Can you tell me what happened to your father?"

WolfofValor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aika on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:47 pm

Aria frowned and dropped her hands by her side. She looked up at Kenito. Aria shook her head. "None, not yet. Everybody's saying I must marry soon-that I don't have much time left. I want time, though. I do not just want to marry someone I don't love. I want to find that special person I know I want to spend the rest of my life with. Someone I love." Aria explained. She shook her head again. "Forget nobles. I want to meet someone of lower class. A knight or something. Someone who's not uptight and such."

Aria said this in a defiant tone. Her facial expression than softened when he mentioned her father. "He left when I was young, leaving my mother and I. My mother never had the heart to re-marry. She loved my father. A lot. Since the day he left, I never heard from him again." Aria said to Kenito. He was actually the only person she told. And she was surprised. It was real easy to talk to him.

Aika
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WolfofValor on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:55 pm

Kenito raised his hand pointing at the princess, ''You see, you just made my point of why I would hate to be royalty. Your expected to do so much, including to forget where your own heart lies" He slowly fell back, laying himself down on the grass. The sheer thought of a princess that actually wanted to be stuck with a lower class brought entertainment.'' Knights would take you up for the power mi' lady. After all, any one you choose to be yours, under my code I will be protecting them as well until death strikes me. Just do not fall for a corrupt man, that is all I ask." Whether Kenito wanted to admit it or not, the princess practically was his first friend. He never brought any one here,until now.

If her father did leave, then the real king must still be alive somewhere out there. A king, leave the throne? There must have been some kind of reason, no man would give up the throne. Was there some kind of secret going behind the queen and princess's backs? " Sometimes I come to far out of the real world, I can catch myself forgetting what evil is. I live in a dream that does not exist, simply because I beleive in it. I may desire to be a great warrior, but in all reality, I'm just like everyone else.'' He slightly picked up his head to look at her face.'' Looking into the dream world is not so bad if you limit yourself."

WolfofValor
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!