Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Life Anew In Eronnis

Eronnis and it's history

a part of “Life Anew In Eronnis”, a fictional universe by A Rubber Chicken.

Chapter 2 is now open and accepting characters. Click for link.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Life Anew In Eronnis”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Eronnis and it's history

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby A Rubber Chicken on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:03 pm

At the heart of Eronnis, as the crown of civilisation, is the vast, sprawling city of Jarvaise. It's history is shrouded in mystery, even to those who live there. No one seems to know exactly how far back the city dates but the grandest buildings in th ecentral housing district are amongst the oldest and most fine to be found in the whole country and offer glimpses into the genius of years so long gone.

It sits as the capital of the Central Districts, as well as the entire country, and is the primary trading hub for everything from building supplies to antiques. It is well known for it's highly disciplined and well armed soldiers, diversity and plentiful oppurtunity. It is also known for it's central building; the towering spires of Jarvaise castle which is the home of High General Mattius Herne, unquestionably the most powerful man alive in Eronnis.

To the North lies the boundaries of the Central Baronies, marked by a natural mountain range beyond which is the Northern Baronies. Up here, in the frozen, harsh landscape, sits a series of small towns who make their living primarily by farming and shearing the heavy coats of mountain-dwelling animals.

Also well know in this region is the extraordinary talents of the city elders. These are religious folk who are possessed of magic unrivalled by any other groups that could be found without serious investigation. Lifetimes spent in the hazards of the mountains, where it is rumours dragons first crawled from, have given the people here a tough outlook and tougher hands. Finer blacksmiths will be found nowhere else but such skills come with the price of solitude in the mountains.

To the East sits the port of Versten, the most properous shipping site the world has ever known, thanks to it's proximity to the outlying islands that harbour so many rare and useful minerals. Of course the fishing here is excellent and the excess produce is shipped directly to Jarvaise to be sold at astounding prices. But not all is well. Ships go missing, blamed mostly on the rocks that litter the sea around the islands. Unfortunately the investment of a lighthouse did little to help the situation and stories of Krakens and other viscious water creatures began to be commonplace.

Though these are the last of the citizen's worries in the current times. The heart of the rebellion, small though it is, is based along this coast and many fear it will spread. Many also hope for such but few will stand up for the cause without a hope of winning. And such a hope will not become a reality without more to join their numbers.

What produce does not reach Jarvaise will make it to the Southern Baronies where the population density is smaller than the other regions and every family owns land, and most a farm. This spread of wealth only puts money into everyone's pockets and gives a sense of snobbery and eccentricity to many inhabitants, though they are, for the most part, simple crop and cattle farmers. The law here is relaxed but the cost of living is sky high oweing to the competitiveness of shareholders and the high levels of technology being developed here.

The finest minds from all over Eronnis are drafted in to work on projects, both for the good of the community and individuals. Some ventures are classed as little more than foolhardy, the most recent being a village banded together with the hopes of, obviously with help from hunters and mages, taming dragons. Speculation of whether or not it is possible has created much debate, but then so have the horror stories that ensue.

And finally we go to the West and the vast Cove of the Gods. A bay that reaches 50 miles at it's widest point with sheer cliff faces flanking the entraces that reach a dazzling height of 4,000 feet, deep into which are the permanent mines that have become the prime source of gems and precious metals for the country. Only the foolhardy and the fearless brave such working conditions as wooden struts and steel beams are set into the very rock with no support below. Such heights are simply impossible to build to so wrong footing or a mislaid plank may have lethal consequences.

Of particular note at the Cove of the Gods is a small island situated just off the coast and flanked by the vast cliffs on either side. It rises out of the water with smooth, worn stone walls that render it unreachable at any time other than high tide and is home to a mysterious and abandoned temple, the origins of which are unknown. It's discovery and initial exploration yielded few results and it a subject of much controversy with the regular citizens. The ideas it held significance once or is a hideaway for the rich or perhaps even a home to demons are all entertained but no one knows for sure.

Much of the groundland here is deserted thanks to a combination of the Noma desert to the South (Land which intrigues many people, some of whom will pay large sums of money for an exhibition therein) and the constant battering of winds from the North which strips away any farmable soil

[To be updated again as I get a better idea of the lay of the land and the distribution of people and wealth]
Last edited by A Rubber Chicken on Mon May 02, 2011 9:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

A Rubber Chicken
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Re: [OOC] Eronnis and it's history

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chris Storm on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:51 am

nope it think this is a great idea, will certainly help.

There was some mention of a war? is that with the east?
Also would love to get some idea of what people are thinking about how common magic is? Is there a magical jewjaw in every house, a merlin on every street-corner, or are we talking something more rare, only people born with a gift, eagerly sought and in rare supply?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chris Storm
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby A Rubber Chicken on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:52 am

There is an uprising in the East, the citizens are fighting back against The Union. Small scale stuff at the moment, troops will be dispatched from Jarvaise to deal with it but who knows what level it will get to? Could have another Libya on our hands here (Is that bad taste or suitably topical? Discuss).

My thinking was that magic is fairly common, not exactly a fairy Godmother for every ball kind of common, but for a reasonable price you can find a mage to do almost any magic task you so desire. But really good mages are the ones that are hard to find. But we can always change it if it helps the story line, any other thoughts?

A Rubber Chicken
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby echored on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:49 pm

I need some help clarifying the importance of the objects they came with, and if they are supposed to be significant, I need some brainstorming ideas on what mine should be capable of. Flin has some pretty matrix looking streamline sunglasses. Not sure if that was a good idea on my part seeing as how they are in a medieval type setting, but who knows lol I was thinking they would represent maybe a 'master of disguise' kind of ability; where if he wore them, along with better clothing, they'd allow him to get by unnoticed/ since he is a sneaky guy after all... the thing is, the glasses are so blatantly not average or inconspicuous >.<'' unless the moment he put them on, they would meld into his face somehow? darken all his features? hide in the shadows better?

if anyone has a critique to that, let me know. im also up for suggestions if any of you all a better idea for a cool ability for the sunglasses

echored
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby A Rubber Chicken on Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:22 am

The idea is completely your own choice. The sunglasses, or indeed any item anyone has, could be an aid to a skill (E.g. Sebastian's gloves an aid to magic... Of some description) or give an entirely different skill that won't be classed as Godmodding (E.g. Nox's cloak). I have utter faith that you'll make an appropriate choice for the purpose of the glasses so it's completely up to you. Just as long as you don't go too extreme with it, you know? One of the applicants I rejected decided upon something that essentially turned his character into The Incredible Hulk. When that was rejected he decided on telekinesis. These are two examples of things that are out of bounds. Other things include the sudden gift of flight, teleportation, immortality, shapeshifting into a dragon and the abilities of any of the X-Men.

... I hope that I didn't slash anybody's hopes for the potential of their item with my little rant there. Seeing auras or intentions is good, I quite like it, as do I like the cloak. I don't want to be too strict with this whole thing but I hope everyone realised the effect of their chosen items would be slightly more subtle than it would be raining-death-and-destruction-upon-the-world.

Then again, there is always the potential for improvement as the story progresses and characters get used to the newfound abilities. An example would be Nox, eventually, being able to become nothing more than a shimmer in the air. But for him to start with total invisibility would be a little too much. And maybe Flin could, eventually, see scenes from people's past. However you want to develop it is, again, your own choice.

Sorry about that... Got a little carried away... :)

A Rubber Chicken
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!