Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Experienced RPer looking for mid-paced small group!

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Experienced RPer looking for mid-paced small group!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:51 am

Howdy-hey, guys and gal! ViceVersus here.

Despite the fact that I am always watching you, I sometimes don't have as much time to roleplay as I'd like. However, in recent days, I've discovered I have time to set aside at least one or two posts a day.

I'm looking for someone interested in doing a private roleplay, or a small group roleplay in the forums.

I'm totally and completely flexible on the genre or the story. The stories I like to tell are ones with great focus on character conflict, some fantastical elements (though I'm not opposed to stark realism) and, yeah.

I'll also be browsing some open Interest Checks in this forum, too. I haven't been paying as close attention to the Interest Check and Roleplayers Wanted forums lately.

You can check out my characters on my profile for a sense of my style. If you're going to check the posts for my writing style, remember to skip to the most recent ones, as some of my characters have been active for three or four years; my writing style has changed.

Hope to hear from someone soon!

-VV

PS, here is a picture of a koala.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Re: Experienced RPer looking for mid-paced small group!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Everyone seems to be intimidated by you. Not me though. *pokes the Vice dragon, then flees*

Were you looking for a small group RP that has already started or one that is still in the planning stages to join?

Also I totally call dibs on you for a private RP if we can both agree on a plot. :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Selene Durlan
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:37 pm

I am not a dragon. :( And I am only a little scary.

I can do either one, I suppose. We can do both. I leave myself in your capable hands.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kexia on Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:02 pm

Ok, ok, I was a little intimidated. But I'd be interested in a small group thing or whatever!

kexia
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Carlos_Joaquin on Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:42 pm

If you want a third and the RP is highly character-development based, I'm in. I'm sure I could learn a lot from RPing with you :)

Carlos_Joaquin
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby otternonsense on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:09 pm

I would be down. I think we sort of talked about our mutual interest in superheroes, and although I know I'm not a very experienced roleplayer, I've done it a few times and I'm a very experienced writer. I'd really like it if we could do a small group RP with only very, very, literate people, because I can't focus when grammatical mistakes abound like small sheep on the heathland or something. I'm flexible with genre, too. I'll pretty much do anything with a good set of characters and an interesting plot.

otternonsense
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:21 am

And suddenly three people are interested. Glad Selene broke the ice. :P

Small group character conflict superhero story. This I like. So who'd be in? The five of us?

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kexia on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:41 am

We just had to make sure you weren't going to bite first!

I'm in!

kexia
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Carlos_Joaquin on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:43 am

You had me at superhero. Count me in too!
What kind of location for the story? Why not Europe or Asia(not Japan) for a change. Most Superhero stories take place in america.

Carlos_Joaquin
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asper on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:15 am

I believe I would be interested in taking part in a small group roleplay with you. My post aren't extremely long but if I have something to work with I can crank out something that won't just leave other people hanging on not knowing how to reply to me. I prefer fantasies however I've done a few superhero roleplays and am experienced with them. I've had the bad luck of being in superhero RP's though that ended up either being very bad, or had some terrible progression to the point where a month of posting took place in one "day" in a small shack where nothing happened and everything was just small talk. I can RP fairly well as a hero or a villain, although I've never enjoyed much of the special costumes and benevolent (or malevolent) nicknames. If you have watched the tv series Heroes, I believe a RP set up like that would be quiet interesting, I'm not saying steal their plot completely, I think I should clarify that I mean the characters on that show all had powers and in some way were a hero or a villain. They had complex lives and their abilities very much affected their lives and ended up changing the world.
Asper knocked,
at the castle keep.
But the gates were barred!
The Gods, asleep!

Asper
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby otternonsense on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:17 am

Me too! Obviously. And that's an interesting idea, Carlos, but I'd have to brush up on my current events.

otternonsense
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:07 am

I'm up for a small group superhero RP. I recently joined one but it pretty much died before it even got off the ground (a consequence of too many players, I think). But is there any chance we could put a new spin on things? Has anyone here ever watched Misfits? It's about a group of social outcasts doing community service (for varying crimes) who suddenly acquire superpowers (of varying usefulness) in a freak storm. When it emerges that quite a few other people from the grotty estate they live on also have powers, they spend most of their time either accidentally killing people or trying not to be killed themselves. In between picking up litter and cleaning off graffiti, obviously.

Although I wouldn't want to copy the above directly, would people be interested something with a bit more grit (and less shiny shiny all-American costumed superhero)?

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:12 am

The Misfits is awesome! Thank you Netflix. Also, you have more than enough interest, but I've been hoping and searching for a strong charater development roleplay, so I'd be in. If not, best of luck. :)

Modesty
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:34 am

This certainly evolved into a sprawling affair. I really cannot manage a roleplay with eight people in it right now, I would vanish quietly into the background and you'd never see me again.

The rest of you are more than welcome to turn this into a roleplay among yourselves, but I'm really only looking for one or two people to do something small and relatively simple with. I just haven't the presence of mind to do a full-scale mega in-depth roleplay right now .. it wouldn't be fair to you lovely people.

:(

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .Kyrian on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:47 am

I am new to the forum and will still take a few days to get use to it. Just like you I have enough time in my day for a few posts (more if I stay up like tonight). If you still are going to do some sort of small group role-play I would like to be included although it is up to you Sato. I have a few ideas running rampart in my mind however I shall not disclose currently as they are just but flickers of imagination. Once I reach the post count, I can message you and disclose said ideas once I have had time to water my little seeds and let them spurt into flowers of creativity!
It is often said that writing is a lonely life, and for the most part such is true. Other jobs are just that, jobs, they start and they end at the same time each day, spinning onward in a cycle that is so monotonously cyclical. But writing, writing is a lifestyle, it is not merely a job but a passion, an occupation. Writing is not from 9 to 5, but from dawn to dawn, it spans that day and often spills over into the silent night, and it is a task that demands isolation, silence, and reflection.

- Kyrian

.Kyrian
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:32 am

Likewise, Vice. Message me if you'd like to set something up. If not, best of luck with your RP!

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:58 pm

Hey .Kyrian, nice to see you around here again.

I re-read my message and it comes across as though I am chasing you guys off. Not at all my intention, it was just a little overwhelming to see everyone replying at once.

I would love to discuss RP ideas with anyone. Feel free to PM me and we can flesh things out further. NorthernSoul, I will PM you immediately after I post this message.

Thank you again!

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!