Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Exsanguis. A vampire plot with a bit more bite.

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Exsanguis. A vampire plot with a bit more bite.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:51 am

Hai everyone, VitaminHeart here with an idea. I'm also, despite the vampire subject promising to mention Twilight at all in this interest check. :D

Now I know there are a lot of vampire RPs on Gateway, I see a lot of them, but they all seem kinda similar, kinda in the 'dark romance' catagory, and kinda focus on that.

I wanted to try and make a vampire RP with a kinda winder scale and mythos that allows for more variation and a darker and more conflicting storyline.

The set-up is inside a city, a large city, and like all large cities of that world, it's a base for a clan of 'First Gen' vampires. These vampires are living beings rather than undead, though like the legends they scorch in sunlight, and have a digestive system adapted for surviving on human blood. They can't manage on any blood but but human.

The clan holds a great deal of power, its members have infiltrated the system, they're in the police force and the hospital, they have the city's head coroner pinned into signing and bodies discovered dead for vampire attack to be classified as dead from natural causes, with possibilities of an animal chewing on the body to leave bite marks.

As a result ofn this careful blackmailing, most people have no idea vampires exist, and the tightly ordered clans intend to keep it that way, seeing thier operations as above and beyond the concerns of humans, who they regard as lowly farm animals to be slaughtered and drunk from as needed.

The problem arises with second generation vampires. A second generation is created when a vampire bites and drinks from a human, but doesn't kill them. This is usually due to a deliberate action, or a sloppy attack. First generation vampires are taught to deliver a deadly bite, but mistakes are made. The human goes through a period of transformation over several days as their body ungoes rapid cellular change and thier digestive system and jaw alter a great deal. During this transformation thier body temperature drops, muscles stiffen and lock, and breathing and pulse slow to a near halt, making them easily mistaken as a corpse, however after a week or so, a second generation vampire awakens. They're not as powerful as the first generation, though are still quite fast and strong....though far less controlled. A second generation vampire has naturally poor impulse control, and may attack humans for blood.

If a second generation bites a person and turns them, the vampire mutation is further diluted and corrupted, with the results becoming more wild and uncontrollable, usually ending up with a snarling, feral creature relying purely on instinct and hunger.

First generation vampires see second generations, or Pseudovampires, as not only dangerous to thier way of life, but also a disgusting corruption of thier species, and exterminate most, hanging onto a few due to the properties thier blood has.

Ther jumping-off point I was tihnking was that a certain rogue first gen has been biting and turning people in order to try and create his own little army of pseudovampires, and the local clan are not pleased at all.

Nothing is set in stone ye,t suggestions are welcome, and I'd just like to see if anyone is vaguely interest in the idea.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!