Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fallout Role-Play Interest Check

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Fallout Role-Play Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gigantor on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:52 am

So my extended hiatus from the site in finally over and seeing that this account still has no activity on it I figured it was perfect to us for my return as well as kicking off a new RP. Now this is more of a heads up than an interest check in the sense that I fully intend to start making this RP sometime tonight or tomorrow, I would just like to go ahead and give anyone that may be interested a chance to voice their wants for the RP beforehand so I can accommodate anyone that may wish to partake. Now, on to the show!

FALLOUT: Vault Dwellers

Vault Dwellers will of course be a Post-Apocalyptic Role-Play set in the expansive and lore-heavy universe of Fallout. However; this Role-Play will diverge from the main niche of the Fallout games of throwing a hapless hero into the harsh and unforgiving wasteland and focus more upon a Vault centered community in which the cast of this Role-Play are a part of in one sense or another. With new regimes growing around them and the balance of power becoming turbulent in the wasteland the Vault Dwellers are about to learn the one undeniable truth of the wasteland. War never changes.

When the countdown clock struck zero and the Vaults opened to a once more habitable world, so too did that of Vault 57. After emerging into what they hoped would be a bright future they were met with only the despair on the wasteland, so instead of embarking on the quest to rebuild society anew the denizens of Vault 57 decided to stay in their underground sanctuary. Hence forth it has been there they have remained, rarely opening the doors of the secure home to send scouts to trade with others and gather information about the area around them.

Taking place in the Plains Commonwealth, mostly Kansas and Missouri, Vault Dwellers will have the inhabitants of Vault 57 facing off against enemies both new and old as they struggle to retain the small semblance of peace they have.

Now I know that really isn't a whole lot to go on but I personally do not like to divulge tons of story and plot point before the RP even begins. To avoid the questions I know are to come, let me go ahead and clear a few things up that might be muddled at the moment.

1. No this RP will not take part in the Vault all the time. The people of Vault 57 interact with others in the wasteland, but simply opted to remain living in the Vault rather than leaving for good.

2. The is no NCR or Legion presence in the Plains Commonwealth. That is one of the main reasons I chose it.

3. Yes Kansas is where the majority of the Master's Remnants settled.

4. Yes you have to be a Vault Dweller in this RP.

5. No you do not have to be familiar with the lore for this area, though it might help a bit.

6. The story will be original so it may conflict with the lore for the area.

7. This will be a long RP so don't join if you plan to dip a few days in.

8. Adult Content is allowed, such as cursing, use of substances, and sexual references, but don't be a douche and over do it.

9. Be creative with your characters. Not everyone needs to be an orphan that was abandoned by the BOS and was adopted by the Vault or something cliché like that.

10. BE ACTIVE!!!!!! If you cannot post at least twice a day bare minimum then move along. This RP will not move at a snail's pace and it will not wait on people that cannot post. If you are interested in joining then make sure you can find time to post or I will kill off your character.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gigantor
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter

Re: Fallout Role-Play Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:35 am

I might be interested. The two a day posting might be much since I work during the week days a ton though.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gigantor on Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:27 am

Well nothing is set in stone yet. That is the main reason I made this post instead of just going ahead with the creation of the Role-Play, so I could see where everyone stood and what needed to be shifted around to accommodate everyone.

The posting twice a day is really just a precaution against those that join only to fade out after a day or two of RPing. I've been screwed over more times than I can count on this site by someone making a character critical to the Role-Play making then suddenly vanishing only after a day or so, and in turn ruining the RP. There is of course always wiggle room for those that actually wish to invest time and make careful and well thought out posts.

As far as this Role-Play goes, I want to take it into a tad more graphic setting than Fallout 3 or New Vegas. More along the lines of the original Fallout. I love the new games, don't get me wrong, but they can be a bit comical at times whereas Fallout and Fallout 2 were fairly serious games.

I'm planning on letting this post linger for a few more days to see if interest in it picks up, but if not I might scrap the project and continue on with my Star Wars RP. I really would like to see this happen but Role-Plays are a community effort and it takes more than one lol.

Gigantor
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TomorrowsHerald on Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:16 am

I sympathize with your plight, I also had the experience of having seen a similar Role-play established and then quickly abandoned. The problem as I see it, is that doing role-plays on the backs of fandoms tend to attract a mixed crowd; some serious fans willing to take the long road for a role-play of one of their favored story, or parties which quickly gain and lose interest in these concepts.

I myself cannot guarantee posting twice a day, and I tend to avoid large role-plays with more than six or so writers because I find that they are too intensive for me to participate in and follow. I can guarantee active participation on a role-play every second day with a fairly good possibly for daily posting or at least availability for on-site communication. Present commitments to other role-plays prevent me from promising more.

Regarding the story, I am curious exactly how our characters become involved in the outside wasteland. Though it is an easily ignored issue, I am pretty sure that the Legion has expanded all the way to Denver, so while it won’t technically be in the setting you are proposing, we should consider first what powers are involved in the Kansas area (original and unoriginal) and how or if they interact with the powers outside the area. I would be willing to collaborate with you regarding this should you wish it.

TomorrowsHerald
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackrider on Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:27 am

I pretty much second everything Herald said, especially with the posting and small groups. I myself can commit to a post every day and sometimes more depending on the "flow" of posts. I just hate to promise two a day right off the bat when, like others have said, I know my work schedule might conflict.

All that being said though I'd definitely be interested! I'll have to keep my eye on this thread.

p.s. I'm from Kansas/Missouri! Woot! Been dying for fallout to take place there for years.

blackrider
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:54 pm

I'm from Kansas as well sir.

I had a much longer post, but edited it down to one sentence. I really love the Vault Dweller's IOS game. I am a bigger fan of the Fallouts on PC than the new version of Fallout. I skipped New Vegas and Fallout 3 was alright. I'll give 4 a shot, excited about the communities you can build. Like I said, overall I enjoyed the turn-based isometric classics more.

If we had a small group, we don't need to have a super-detailed setup going in by necessity, but for references sake we would need a complete listing of all NPCs. Perhaps if this got off the ground everyone would contribute to that. Starting population when the RP begins [and roll from there].

Because when it comes down to being in the vault [though we will go outside], much of the RP would rely on relationships and people interaction. I don't think it would be ideal to roll it out and then randomly have people pop up from the shadows playing peekaboo then they are part of the cast. This doesn't mean they all need to have bios, but a few general descriptors.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TomorrowsHerald on Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:56 pm

Are we going to do something with this, or are we just crying in the rain so to speak?

I am asking because I may be tempted to put forward my own Fallout Role-Play idea if this isn't going to work out.

TomorrowsHerald
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!