Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fantasy RP

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Fantasy RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CR22 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:49 pm

Who's in the mood for a fantasy RP?

I've been extremely anxious to do one, but I can't seem to find any pre-existing ones. I can churn out a world with lore, races, etc. in a pretty short time, and all that's left is a plot and some characters. It could be really technical (as in, more of a survival/roguelike RP), or really heroic/epic (think more like books).

Anyone up for one?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CR22
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Fantasy RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emptor on Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:00 pm

you've got me on board(for now)
y'know, I like rabbits and all. They're cute and they're horny. And if you're cute and you're horny, then you're probably happy, in that you don't know who you are and why you're even alive. And you just wanna' have sex, as many times as possible, before you die... I mean, I just don't see the point in crying over a dead rabbit! Y'know, who... who never even feared death to begin with.-Donnie Darko
CTHULU FOR PRESIDENT:WHY CHOOSE THE LESSER EVIL?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Emptor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Superfly on Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:45 am

As long as It interests me, I'm there.

Superfly
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CR22 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:01 am

So what kind of races would you guys be interested in? I've got the 3 basic ones (humans, elves, and dwarves) written up, but anything else?

CR22
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Logarithms on Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:23 am

For now, I guess I can say I'm interested. Though I may or may not bow out from this role play depending on how the storyline expands.. I suppose. And if there's already 3 basic races, there might as well be 3 contrasting races, seeing as the 3 you mentioned seems to be of good alignment, the others could be of evil alignment... Assuming there isn't any more races other than 3, which is unlikely, in my opinion. (I'm not saying there must be more than 3, just commenting..)
Judge users by their posts, not by their stars... (Admittedly, those stars seems somewhat bugged.)

Logarithms
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XKraid on Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:13 pm

I'm new here, and a little lost I must admit. But a nice fantasy RP seems like a great place to start. The human/dwarf/elf archetype is cool. I'm used to it since i've been spending my time on Warcraft. In fact speaking of the contrasting races, Orcs seem like a given but the overall thing looks like it could get a bit cliché if we go too far down that route.

If you want a survival/roguelike RP then you should probably give the evil side a bit of an edge, and really make humanity struggle to survive. A random idea that's been developing in my head is a species of savage, tribal, war-crazed humanoids with longer limbs and necks than any human to give them the advantage in height and hard, rock-like (grey, cracks 'n all) skin for an added defence. Just a thought that's been floating up there. ^^

XKraid
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby raelynn93 on Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:15 pm

I would love to join one. and I love playing Elves...just putting that out there :)
Be you, Be Unique.

raelynn93
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XKraid on Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:17 pm

I'd usually be a human or elf but am actually up for giving Dwarfs a try. ^^ Those short guys can be pretty buff and manly with the beards 'n all y'know. =D

XKraid
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chirokasumi on Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:17 am

im always up for a good RP but i cant find one either ):

chirokasumi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevyn on Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:53 pm

Sounds good, but just create more races, orcs, gnomes, trolls, ogres, gollems, halfbreeds, mages, Entz (walking tree's) I'm just saying. The more races you offer, the more people there would be intresseted.

And well if you go hero-style then make it a big war is happening and a select few have to go on special mission to gather special things or kill somebody special. let there be good and bad characters to play both sides

If you go rogue-style. Then let the evil side rule and let the good side get into a rebelion.
Dying without achieving your goals or living on for years and realizing you will never achieve them - which is worse?"

the flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all

Be childish, be a god, be a child of a God!

Nevyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby duogemstone on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:16 am

would love to join if ya get it going. any good fantasy setting is good with me, as far as races go i can work with any you choose (D&D teaches ya a lot) though i will say i love playing good goblin's if ya want one if not no biggie.
please pardon my grammar and spelling, i know it sucks.

duogemstone
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!