Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Far from Home (Survival, Sci-Fi)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Far from Home (Survival, Sci-Fi)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iAmYurself on Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:22 am

Far from Home

The loud hum that resonated from the alien scout-ship was enough motivation for us to push our heavy, aching legs to keep running. We barely had the time to catch our breath. Several times, the group split up in an effort to lose our pursuers. It never worked. It only succeeded in dwindling our numbers.

When we finally got caught, we were running uphill during the middle of the night. It all came to an end inside some forest with tree roots poking out of the ground The sheer exhaustion we endured in our desperation to survive completely wracked our bodies. Basic human survival instinct might've been what pushed us on. Maybe it was the fear of what they would do to us. In the end, all desperate action only delayed our inevitable capture.

Spotlights shining from the scout-ship revealed our sweaty, dirty bodies to otherworldly pilots. Then some black, filmy-looking rope would shoot down and snatch a victim into the ship's belly. I looked back to see, which was a mistake. My foot caught a tree root and I fell flat on the ground. During the excruciating effort I gave to get back up, I felt something slimy wrap around my chest and pull me upwards. One moment, I was on the ground; in the next, I was flying through the air. Suddenly, everything became dark as the realization of what had occurred hit me: I was captured. I was, so to speak, swallowed by the scout-ship.

A hatch suddenly opened up below me, and I fell down to the floor of some room. A faint, red light burned from several panels on the walls. The access hatch I had come through was barely visible. There were several grated holes on the ceiling, as well. The room was occupied by other dirty, smelly people whose faces I couldn't even see. A few others like me were trying to catch their breath while the rest stared at us. We were this room's newest arrivals. I had wondered if I knew some of these people at one point.

Later, after several more people were dropped in, the ship began to ascend. A low-but-loud, steady hum sounded throughout the small box were in. In minutes, a gas began to fill the air as it was poured in through the small, grated openings. Some began to panic while others covered their mouths and noses using their sleeves. I did likewise, but all too soon, a darkness began clouding my vision. I heard a few pitiful attempts to scream. Before I blacked out, I prayed that I would wake up again.

And I did. I was lying on my back, staring up a jungle canopy as freezing, torrential rain drenched my face. I wasn't exhausted at all. "How long was I out? When did I get here?" I had asked myself. I thought I could still hear the scout-ship somewhere in the rainstorm.

After being captured by Sha'Ti invaders on Tarei, a group of people must survive being stranded on an unknown, hostile planet. Besides the clear need to survive, there seems to more going on as small, floating orbs follow their every movement. Metal belts are latched onto their waists and are impossible to take off. Just what do the aliens have planned for them? Is this some sort of game?
In this role-play, your character will need to traverse a hostile, alien world in search of a way to escape (and an escape does exist). Also, they will be watched and followed by small, orb-like cameras. A Sha'Ti audience will be watching their survival on a private channel, making bets on whether the humans get out alive or perish on the planet. Also, adding to the danger will be a group of prisoner Sha'Ti, who have opted to participate in the game for a chance at freedom. Their goal will be to kill the humans. In doing so, the Sha'Ti prisoners will be forgiven of all crimes they've committed and given their freedom. Air drops could be a potential presence, either carrying important supplies or a predatory creature. As for the end-game, I have several scenarios in mind.

For posts, I'd like to see at the least, a minimum of one paragraph with 5-7 sentences. If you can do more, please do so. I ask that you do your best with posts, but I do understand not everything requires paragraphs of description. If you can do more than the minimum, that would be great.

This is just an interest check. There were a few details I edited in (which slipped my mind). Before continuing onwards, I thought I'd just check to see how many would find this interesting. Let me know what you think, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
I am YOU.
But you will never be me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

iAmYurself
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter

Re: Far from Home (Survival, Sci-Fi)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:06 pm

You can count me in, providing that other RPs I have expressed interest in don't all materialize at the same time.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!