Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fate's Compendium

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Fate's Compendium

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cer on Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:09 pm

When an archaeology dig uncovers a portion of an ancient and unheard of text, strange events soon begin to occur. The document fragments are brought back to New York for further evaluation and translation as it is a never-before-seen language. Though, as soon as the decryption is begun, strange events began to happen to those most immediately involved. From strange dreams and visions to markings or infestations of their houses, the events slowly grow to include the city and eventually the world. It starts small, but as the group goes public with their findings, the events escalate. This could only be due to an uncaring world taking the typical stance: Unbelieving. While there are few who legitimately believe in the findings, they are on to join the quest for the remaining pieces of truth.

This doesn't mean that the people don't have their own foes to deal with! Aside from the global events that will impact everyone's daily lives, there is a spiritual war going on in their midst. Two groups of Gods, much like the present religions and myths from the days of yore, are fighting for or against the truth being found out. Though, there is a twist to their tale that none could predict, and finding -- and believing -- the truth could be the final, end all to years of falsehoods in all types of civilizations.

While I don't wish to expose the full plot to just any eyes and this may be considered a teaser, I can promise that it will be eventful. Should one decide to join, there are two types to people to choose from. One type would be the typical good man that is knowledgeable and yet struggles within the world. They are beat down and hated by some, and things aren't often easy. The other type is the worldly, successful type. Things seem to always come easy to them, even if they are not always the smartest or successful. Of course, there are rare mixes or interchanges of characteristics for the two. It would easily be defined that the suffering sort are "Reptillian" and the easily successful are the "Mammallian." For now, let us leave it at that. All it takes is a glimpse of the average creatures in the world to know that all it would take is some simple thought to figure out which stereotype one's character ought to fulfill.
[Thank you, Master!]
I am to love, honour, cherish, obey
Until my death and beyond my decay.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cer
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Re: Fate's Compendium

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:57 pm

You know me love; I’m most definitely joining your role-play! And I advise anyone else to please do the same. As for suggestions: I have none. I think I already gave you all the input I could offer. But if anyone else has something to add, please do so.

~ Maestro ~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyral on Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:06 pm

Not usually my type of roleplay, but given you've apparently put some effort in and have a nice reference, I'm kind of intrigued.

The only question I have, is what are the basis of the characters?

Vyral
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cer on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:22 pm

I'm glad to have intrigued you, Vyral! I have worked on this for quite some time.

I happened to find links online that have a "reptillian-human connection", and there is also Darwin's theory of evolution. Therefore, it's based on scientific theories and writings mixed in with fiction. I read a variety of things, and I have a tendency to combine interesting characteristics of each into my plotlines. There's all types of people, as we all know, too -- the outsiders and insiders everywhere. So, I suppose you could say part of the basis is real life and even mythology in some context. Religions too would hold a fair amount of play for the gods portion and even the stereotypical good versus evil.

If that doesn't explain well enough, feel free to let me know. I don't mind explaining further in the least or citing references moreso. =)

Cer
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning-Z on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:54 pm

I said it before and I'll say it again. It's a good idea and I'm interested, I just hope it doesn't get out of hand or something. lol

Banner I'm still working on ^^

Lightning-Z
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cer on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:35 am

Oh, it won't. I have at least two friends who know the entire plotline and plan to help keep it in check. All this actually spanned from a mere thought between a close friend and myself on needing a roleplay. It became so big that it seemed better as a board than a one on one, and here we are today. It has all been carefully planned, in a sense, from beginning to end.

I love the quote on your signature, though, Lightning-Z. The mind does trump the weapon as a powerful playing card, no?

Cer
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cer on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:59 am

I love how I don't reognize my own friends on this site sometimes. o.o;; Anyway, I suppose I'll wait for a few more people to be interested before posting this as a roleplay. Though, I'm hoping to have this up by the end of the week.

Cer
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dervivaire on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:50 pm

Seems pretty interesting to me :) Not quite sure if I'm interested enough in it to participate, but I am semi-asleep right now (very busy and sleep deprived few days recently), so I'll have a better think about it when I'm more awake ^^

Dervivaire
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cer on Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:18 pm

I know how that is. That reminds me to read all of your plot too since I'm actually awake now. I hope you do join, though. It will be epical. (Because I needed to create a new word instead of 'fantastical'.)

Cer
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!