Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fear is the Killer

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Fear is the Killer

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akieko94 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:24 pm

In the world of Eotali, the world was once in peace. The high king and queen of the land was loved by all and all creatures cared for each other. The world was all ways a place of beauty and triumph and no fighting broke out until the death of the high king and queen. A few years passed until the son of the high King and Queen took over the throne when things began to change.

The creatures began to retalite against him. Nymphs became even more mischevious in their deeds, fairies seemed to be disappearing and for some reason the elves were be hunting by every other creature. So in order to save the world that the darkness was bring around he created a seal and trapped the darkness their, killing himself in the process...but it was a failed attempt when his soul became corrupt and he ordered the destruction of the only species that could over throw him...the elves.

Knights patrol the areas trying to find them and capture them. Some are killed on the spot while others of higher standards are captured and taken to the castle to be enslaved. But their is a refuge for Elves to go to be safe,,, ruled by the Chief. But when the High King of Eotali suddenly wants more power and hears that the daughter of the chief may have or know where it is...he wants to find her at all cost...but what if the elf princess had a different purpose...?

If you wish to create a character be frre to do so...just flow the profile below.

Name:
Personality:
Apperance:
Bio:
do you work for the High King or are you on the side of the elves?:
Wepons or powers:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is my character

Name: Sumire
Race: Elf
Personality: She is kind hearted an wants all the fighting and killing to stop. She is very knowledgeable and knows of what happened to the prince tpo cause him to become so evil. But she doesn't understand how she can save the world from it becoming corrput and still portect her father, who she loves dearly.
Apperance:Image
Bio: Sumire is the daughter of the Chief that runs the villaghe that keeps all of the other elves and creature safe from the rule of the tyranical high king of Eotali. Her grandmother siad that she had a very interesting gift but hasn't been able to find that gift yet and wonders what it is. Her brother disappeared some time ago and she is unsure if he is still alive/ Her mother also disappeared after she was born, leaving her in her fathers care for most of her life. She takes great poride in her village and wishes to stop the death and nonsense that has entered the world.
Do you work for the High King or the elves: Elves
Weapons: Arc, a bow and arrow, the abbility to heal and the power over earth.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry I took the role of the princess or whatever...if you would like to play the High king then just tell me. I don't think I will have a set a mount of characters so yeah the more the merry right? So come on and join.

Oh rules:

No one liners.
Be polite.
don't ignore anyone.
Yes you can have more than one character.
And you may post your character here. :)
Won't add any more rules unless I have to.

Oh here are the creatures you can play as:
Humans
Elves
Vampires
Dragons
Nymphs
Faries
Sirens
and Knights that work under the High King
Oh yeah and werewolves!
Last edited by Akieko94 on Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
(Final Fantasy 7

(\ /)
( . .)
(")(") Copy Bunny and help him take over the world! Mwuhaha!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Akieko94
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Fear is the Killer

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:39 pm

Name: Nial [Nile]
Race: Elf
Personality: He is just a sweet little kid, very laid back, and doesn't seem to have many worries. He doesn't like jokes, finding most of them really mean, and in most cases he is Naive and doesn't listen to his elders once he has his mind set to things.
Apperance:
Bio: Nial's parents died not but a year ago, since then he has been on his own, living on the street, fending for himself, being alone so long he realizes the act of kindness, and is always willing to lend a hand to others in need, hoping they will return the favor. Being so young, they don't let him fight, but wishing too he doesn't even listen.
Elves
Wepons or powers: Nial relies on daggers, something for at a young age he is know to be very handy with, able to put them where he wants them. Last is he does have a small power, he is able to create projectiles, like red beams to attack his enemies, when hit, they explode on contact.
Last edited by Maestro on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:41 pm

First and foremost, what races are allowed?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akieko94 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:46 pm

Oh I was thinking between elves, vampires, fairies...nmyphs, dragons and werewolves.

Akieko94
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akieko94 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:49 pm

OOC: Superior you are accepted and you can start posting.

Akieko94
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thepyromaker on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:54 pm

Humans?

Thepyromaker
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:03 pm

Vampires!
Sweet!

OK, I'm in. If there's one thing I can't live without it's blood a good vampire debate.

Name: Luciphor Lee
Race: vampire
Personality: Obnoxious, and he kinda acts like he's antisocial, although he really does value company. He doesn't have a racial superiority complex, he just says "yeah, you have just as much of a right to not be slaughtered as I do not to starve, but I'm the one with the teeth, so I think we'll do it my way."
Apperance: pretty average, aside from the fangs, and sunken in eyes, and whatnot. His eyes are almond-shaped and slant slightly toward the nose. He rarely smiles, but when he does, it makes him look better by about 200x. He wears his long, black hair, in a ponytail.
Bio: again, to be put in after vampires are settled.
Goodie or Baddie?: neutral; think Jack Sparrow
Wepons or powers: Oh, here we go. Here I go. I've got two links that have my pre-argued cases against people who I disagree with me in the vampire department. This thread is in RPG, the OOC thread for another RP. Just skip to the part where the vampire debate starts up. This thread is in another forum, it is the planning for an RP that as of now has no members. I'm DCLXVI there too. Again, skip to the debate OK, that one was more of a flame war. It's marked by a whole lot of huge, bold writing.

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akieko94 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:18 pm

OOC: You can also play as humans and DCLXVI you are accepted!

Akieko94
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akieko94 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:56 pm

((OOC: All right. The Rp is Open and you guys can start posting.))

Sumire leaned against the window in her room looking out at the village below her. The safe haven that her father had created for elves and other creatures that didn't follow the High King of Eotali. It seemed a bit odd. she had been told stories of how peaceful this place could be and then look what had become of it. Most of the elves were in hiding if they weren'ty fighting back trying to fix the corrupt world. But who could blame them. But she knew using violence wouldn't solve much. It would just lead to more and more darkness to be spread and they didn't need that. her light brown hair blew back as the wind swirled around her. But as she looked below everything seemed so peaceful. But she wasn't sure how long this was going to last at the moment. She turned around and then grabbed her bow and arrows, that never runs out or arrows and then exited her room.

The halls of her home were quiet as she walked through them and then walked onto the streets of the village. All around them they were surrounded by rocks. It was like a barrier created by the world just for them. The house were built with elfen powers that took only a few days to build. They all had an odd tan color to them. A smile came to her face as she saw small children running around. She remembered when she could do that. But that was all most a distance memory.

Akieko94
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:01 pm

Nial walked through the village, alone as usual, not sure what today carried. Each day was new to him, he lived by himself, so he chose his own destiny, no one ever to tell him what to do. He would say he wished he had someone who would take care of him, but pick and choose. He walked along, staring at the buildings around him, the other kids walked by him and asked him to join him, he saw them a lot but denied and they just shrugged and ran off. He smirked and finally sat down on the edge of an Alley, laying down near a puddle of water, giving a slight yawn.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akieko94 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:23 pm

Sumire walked down the street, looking at the many kids as the played. They waved at her, knowing who she was asking how was her day. She simply replied with a smile before she continued to walk through the village not knowing what she was looking for exactly. She stopped before an alley and saw a young boy with long red hair sitting by a puddle yawning. She smiled softly before she walked over to him and bent down beside him. "What are you doing here?" she asked kindly, wanting to know why he was sitting at the edge of the alley. She tilted her head a bit hoping he would answer her, or at least say something for that matter.

Akieko94
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:26 pm

Nial looked up to the girl, staring for a moment. "B-Because..." Not knowing an easy way to tell her why he was there, thinking to himself he stared down. "M-My parents died.....about a year go.....so I've been out here........." Nial said, trying to stay strong, it wasn't easy, he would have to admit to himself. He just stared up at her, giving an easing smile, not wanting others to feel bad for him, there was not much to do after they died, he was stuck alone, not really having anyone willing to deal with him, the streets seemed like an easy option.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akieko94 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:43 pm

Sumire looked at him and then laid a hand on his head. She would never know how he felt...or how he survived for so long. Was this the cause of the High Kings evil ways? That children lose their parents. She smiled at him trying to reassure him of something. "I'm sorry...but I guess saying that won't help will it?" she said. "What's your name?" she asked. If their was once thing she would do...it would be to help him.

Akieko94
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:53 pm

Nial stared. "N-Nial.." He said outloud giving a small smile. He wasn't sure why the girl was finding notice, no one else ever did.

<G2G xD u can like play my character somewhat.....just don't like do anything crazy xD so whatever he follows u whatever works, just bring him somewhere and let him sleep T.T>

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taedis on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:56 pm

Name: Tiyaiv
Species: Dragon
Dislikes: Dishonesty, Desert
Appearance:
(Dragon)

Background:
He lived through an extreme survival situatuion. He was the last dragon standing. He faught bravely, but never had a chance. Facing an overwelming enemy force, he hid and stuck to the shadows, barely making it out alive. The acts he endured and commited during these times would have made a normal dragon go insane, he, however, gained strength from it. The result of this is a general distrust of others, and a reluctance to think about the past. Because he relied on himself for so long, he is careful about what he says to others, how much he relys on others. This comes off as either shyness or a disinterest in others. He lacks the standard negitive effects of being exposed to harsh conditions. He does not get flashbacks, nor does he regret his actions.

Extras:
Tiyaiv learned basic use of magc. He can heal small wounds and change into a human form. Both spells leave him incredibly helpless to attack. As a dragon, he cannot speak verbally, so he relies on his weakened human form to communicate. Rather than attract attention to himself, he disguises himself as a human while entering populated areas. Because of his weak state, he prefers to not get invovled in someone else's fight, unless he feels the need to. He only reveals his true identity to those he trusts, or when forced to. Due to the helpless nature of his human form, he relies on a powerful suprise attack. Therefore, being exposed causes him to loose all his advantages.

When cornered, an adrenaline rush allows him to sustain heavy wounds and still be able to fight. immeditaely following, however, his body shuts down for several days, leaving him completly helpless. He reverts to dragon form while in this state. During this time, his body heals itself to a degree.

His idea of honor is to do the right thing in his own mind. He cares little for the laws of men and the common accepted things to do. He cares little for the words of elders or men. An honorous thing to do is to stand up for oneself, and their own species. If he looses a fight, he will not try a suprise attack if the winner lowers his/her guard. Honor is to stand, completly disarmed. His strong feeling of honor is a weakness, as he can easily be drawn out into the open by a couple words.

Taedis
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akieko94 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:09 pm

((Taedis, your accepted and you are free to post, and I will do that Superior. I won't make your character do anything crazy. I promise...))

Sumire learned that the boys name was Nial. But before she could learn anything else he let out another yawn. She helped him to his feet and then smiled. She was sure that he needed a good rest...probably in a nice comfortable bed, which she could provide for him. She lead him back home telling him he could get some sleep at her place. Upon arriving she watched as Nial crawled into bed and quickly fell asleep. She watched him for a moment. He must of been exhausted... she thought to herself, as she stood near the door, staring out the window.

Akieko94
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taedis on Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:38 pm

Tiyaiv soared over the trees. He was mad at himself. How could i do something that stupid? he thought angerly. His arm would have stopped hurting by now if he hadn't kept flying, but he had to be sure there was enough distance between him and the guards. He looked down at the arrow shaft sticking out of his arm. Damn, they really got a good hit on me, he thought. He decided that he needed to get the arrow out of his arm.

He landed hard in a semi-open field. He quickly looked for a stick big enough to bite onto. Without wasting any time, he reached up and grasped the shaft of the arrow. He counted to three in his head, and yanked out the arrow. The pain sent shivers down his spine. He flicked his tail from side to side waiting for the pain to fade. He looked at the damage that the arrow had done to his arm. There was a good sized wound that went all the way to the bone. He felt the hot blood running down his arm.

I really need some help, he thought. There were lights up ahead, and he decided he should risk it. He tossed the arrow aside into the grass and strode towards the lights, the pain still tingling through his body.
Last edited by Taedis on Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taedis
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akieko94 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:58 pm

((Sorry I have to go be on tomorrow though...))

Akieko94
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:06 am

"Sold! To the gentleman form Yinta."
Lousy overpriced rubbish...
"Here we have a lovely" cheap "antique" falling apart "cabinet, which was made by Drewitt and Sons" who? "in late 1305." So, how good condition can it be in? Ah, we don't tell them that, now, do we? "We'll start the bidding at" Luciphor had to manually stop his eyebrows from going up as he read the piece of paper, "1000 Imperial credits."
"1500 credits!" said a woman in the third row.
"1750!" A man in a tweed suit.
"2000!" A boy with a crossbow, who sounded like he was from Ugawasta.
"2100!" A man with an ear job.
"2500!" A woman with a fedora, probably from Distena.
"3000!" A man in a kilt. No doubt from Eraif.
"3000 credits? Going for 3000 Imperial credits? Anyone? Anyone?"
"3500 credits!" said that woman in the third row again.
"3500 credits! Anyone? Anyone?"
Nothing.
"Sold! To the lady in the third row."
Next up was a standing lamp. Then a buggie. Then several bits of clothing, some pieces of real estate, and---oh, dear...
"Here we have a---" Luciphor read the piece of paper again. He made that "what the..." face, and said again, "Here we have a dog sled team. Bred from dogs born way up in Wert, these nine dogs are each capable of pulling twenty times their body weight, for short periods of time. For longer journeys, ten times their body weight, with the entire team, should suffice. Huskies also make good companions, and are very loyal pets, so even if you do not need the sled team, you may still need the dogs. Each comes with his or her own pedigree, none are spayed or neutered. The dogs are sold as a team, but if they do not sell, they will be broken up. The bidding starts at 1750 Imperial credits," Luciphor finished, as the dogs were led out onto the stage. They looked like nice enough dogs.
"2000 credits!" said that man in the tweed.
Why are they buying a dog sled team? Nobody here needs a dog sled team!
"2500 credits!" said kilt boy again.
"3000!"
"3500!"
"4000!"
Oy, vey, these are selling for more than the cabinet! More than that fool McMansion out in Jael! What idiots! But hey, idiots with money...
"Bid lies at 4000 credits, from the lady from Harrisburg, 4000 credits. Anyone? Anyone? These dogs are an excellent investment. Just think how much the puppies could be worth."
"4500!"
Ah, the sweet smell of an all-day sucker.
"5000!"
"5000? Anyone? Anyone?"
Nothing.
"Sold! To the gentleman from Nantua. That's all we have for today, folks, good night!" The fat man from Nantua came up to claim his dogs. He had also bought several nice pieces of pawned, probably stolen, jewelry, and now this team of dogs. I suppose, in Nantua, a team of sled dogs... No way! A team of sled dogs is only useful in Wert! Where there's no horses to pull you around...
"Good evening, sir, just sign these ownership forms," Luciphor said to the man, as he handed over the cash. "Thank you, sir," Luciphor said, pocketing the money, "And if you would allow an inspector to see over your place of residence, to accord with the regulations when purchasing animals, we can be off. This is Dr. Lanning," Luciphor said, gesturing at a sprite next to him, "She will inspect the living conditions of the dogs."
The fat man muttered something, the first syllable of which was "bull," but allowed the sprite to follow him into his---dog sled? No, buggy. Just like everyone else. A nice horse and buggy. Luciphor led the dogs into the cart attached, and tied them down, hoping they didn't think to jump out, for them would get stuck hanging over the edge by their leash. But they'd probably be able to get down on the ground and keep up with the horse. Luciphor had never seen a working dog that couldn't outrun a horse.
Well, who cares? Your problem now, fat boy. It was getting dark, and Luciphor was getting hungry.

ImageImageImageImage

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taedis on Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:19 am

He approached a the souce of the lights. So good so far. He was limping badly. WIth a wound like this, i will not be able to disguise myself. He looked back, looking to see if he was leaving a trail of blood. The arrow wound hurt more than it should. If only i could now see all those people who pay ridiculous prices for dragon's blood. Yeah, it will toughen you up, but drink enough, and you're dead. Those people were crazy. The wound showed no signs of stopping. It's okay, he reminded himself. I have been in worse situations.

The wind blew, sending shivers down his spine and making the fur on his back stand up straight. He approached a rock wall. The forest here was thinning out. Tiyaiv sighed deeply. I gotta fly again? He glaned down at his wound. There were rivers of blood that flowed around his scales to his finger tips. This was going to hurt.

He lept into the air and flew swiftly over the rocks. An entire village lay sprawled out in front of him. I hope no one sees me. He landed softly and looked around, keeping his tail low and his legs bent, ready to leap into the air at the first sign of trouble.

(( There is SO much lightning outside ))
Last edited by Taedis on Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Taedis
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!