Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A few ideas

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

A few ideas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wrave on Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:19 pm

Ok so recently I've had to much free time and because of that, I've come up with quite a few ideas for rp, now i really don't want to create them all, but I think some of them are truly worthy of becoming rp that can actually be completed. Here are my ideas, I hope you like them and would be interested in joining. (please leave comments, I would like advice or support on these ideas.) Also if there is someone who wouldn't mind being my co-gm, I would really like someone who I can bounce ideas off of and such, I really want someone who can be my co-gm long term. (anyway on to my ideas)

The first idea is still a little sketchy, I haven't figured out how things will fully work out, but the basic plot is that a young genius. Who is the son of a famous scientist/engineer. uses his father's new experiment, which was supposed to be sold to the highest bidding country, to force the world to bow down to him. The experiment was a single android, which could be used to be the ultimate weapon. It looked like any other human, but it could destroy just about anything that stood in its path. The boy used this android to create an army and made earth a Dystopia. He abandons his old name and takes on the name "The Creator," this boy proclaims himself a god and anyone who defies his will is immediately crushed. But the boy soon becomes bored of his society, he wants something new. Something fresh, he decides to create what i can only describe as the games, its much like the games gladiators would compete in. But these games are for teams/gangs, these groups of five-seven people must fight to achieve the rank of champions, champions become wealthy. They live plush and comfortable lives without worry until they are challenged by those who wish to become champions. Only one team/gang can be Champions, so the life of a Champion is always hectic.

As for how these games work, they are very special. those who enter the games become enhanced using "The creator's " technology. They become stronger,faster, and smarter. But those who gain more intelligence then strength and speed, become special. They gain abilities that can be activated by using the power of the mind- (i.e- telekinesis, pyrokinesis ,etc.) When one joins the games, you can not quit. There are judges, that watch over the games. They are called reapers by the competitors, but "The Creator" calls them Valkyries. These judges make sure that no one is killed during the matches. A match during the game can be either an elimination game, which each team member must fight in one on one fights. Then their are the capture the base games, the goal is to capture the opposing teams base. The last is defeat the captain, in this match the goal is to defeat the opposing teams captain/leader.

So you may be wondering where everyone would fit into this, well I would like this to be about a person who creates a team, for his or her own reasons so he/she can become a champion. But there will be a little twist, I wont tell you what that twist is, but lets just say it will be something you wont see coming.

The second idea is one that I really like, the idea is a story of a fantasy world, where while the main plot goes on sub-plots/side quests, etc. will be going on. My idea for this was to have a world where you can create a character who doesn't have to be a part of the main plot, they can have their own story that you can force to intertwine with the main plot or you can keep it separate and create your own plot. This idea seems like a hard one if not enough people are dedicated, so I don't really have much on it since I may not do it if people don't like the concept.

The third idea is a epic space journey, the captain of a space ship. is dying. well that's what he tells people. He is really becoming a machine, a mechanical race of aliens conquered earth and they used parasitic machines to bond with the humans and make them into mechanical slaves. This captain was a special agent who was supposed to infiltrate the machines base and destroy it. he accomplished his mission but at a price, he was infected. But not like the others, his infection is slow, it will take two-three months for the infection to spread to his body completely. He and his wife(a soldier in the resistance, she isn't your average house wife.) are now taking a journey to a planet that is said to be the home of the fountain of the immortals(fountain of youth) it is said that this will cure his infection if they can make it in time. But they will need a crew, seeing as the journey is perilous.

Alright, that is all I have for ideas. So if you like them or want to know more let me know.

"Now I go to rest and when I wake, we shall start all over again."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wrave
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: A few ideas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:32 pm

I like the third idea! Sign me up if more are interested! :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sibrand
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diesel_Blue25 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:46 pm

Idea three ^.^ Sign me up.

Diesel_Blue25
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wrave on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:05 pm

wow i didn't expect the third one to even be considered, i guess people like space.

Wrave
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:59 pm

Me too ( I'm interested). The third one sounds pretty good, sign me up too. Or I'd at least like to read it also if I don't have the time to sign up.
ImageSong of the Day: FFXIII-2: Ruined Hometown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpsgk7b3R3w
With love.

spirit_is_shining
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wrave on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:35 am

Ok, I will try and have idea 3 ready by monday at the latest, i will post the link here when it is up, so make sure to check back.

Wrave
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:58 am

Alright, nice! ^_^

Sibrand
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aquamarine69 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:46 am

I'm really liking the third idea too! I might join in as well. :)
I'm so glad I met you in a corner of this changing world
So overwhelmed with emotions that I couldn't put into words
When we meet again, will I be able to get them through to you?
Good luck my way, smile at me~ <3

Aquamarine69
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wrave on Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:41 am

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/space-voyage/

ok, here it is. I wanted to add more but i was drawing blank with a lot of it, i made add more a little later but for now thats the basic stuff.

Wrave
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!