Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Everdusk

A few questions

a part of “Everdusk”, a fictional universe by aleksiempainen.

Adventures in the fictional world of Everdusk. High Fantasy/Steampunk. Heavily improvised to allow maximum room for creative and imaginative roleplaying. Fans of Nightwish, Rhapsody of Fire, Blind Guardian, Wintersun or Amon Amarth may enjoy particularly.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Everdusk”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

A few questions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stormsoul19 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:41 am

Hello all,
First, this is a very exciting RP. The idea of a posting order is a great one. All the ones I have seen up to this point have seemed to be organized chaos. :)
I am new here and stilll trying to figure out how the site works. Is there any way to change the frequency and type of notifications? At present, there doesn't seem to be a way to know when your character is accepted to an RP, or when someone else posts in an RP you are involved in.
I am excited to explore the world of Everdusk. We seem to have a diverse and interesting group of characters so far, and I can't wait to get the story going.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

stormsoul19
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Lifegiver

Re: A few questions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aleksiempainen on Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:45 am

stormsoul19 wrote:Hello all,
First, this is a very exciting RP. The idea of a posting order is a great one. All the ones I have seen up to this point have seemed to be organized chaos. :)
I am new here and stilll trying to figure out how the site works. Is there any way to change the frequency and type of notifications? At present, there doesn't seem to be a way to know when your character is accepted to an RP, or when someone else posts in an RP you are involved in.
I am excited to explore the world of Everdusk. We seem to have a diverse and interesting group of characters so far, and I can't wait to get the story going.

i don't think you will know when someone has posted in an rp, unless your character is tagged in the post, indicating that they are present in the events. However, I will send out reminders when it is a player's turn to post or if there's anything else they need to look at. I'm glad you are liking it so far. I hope to have the first round started by midnight GMT.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

aleksiempainen
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stormsoul19 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:21 am

Thank you for that information.
What about being notified of acceptance or lack thereof to an RP? That has never showed up in my notifications either, and it seems like it should.

stormsoul19
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby snapfish on Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:52 am

midnight is a little late can we start at 9:00 pm instead?
I have school during the week to, so during the weak could it be 5:00 pm?

snapfish
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SonOfMars on Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:05 am

If you click on "my roleplays" it'll tell you everything that has happened posting wise in an RP

SonOfMars
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aleksiempainen on Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:37 am

Okay, I've posted Erik's first post as well as my GM response. It's Balik's post now. I'll try and prompt him.

aleksiempainen
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SonOfMars on Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:34 am

Looks like the posting order is already out of wack.

SonOfMars
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aleksiempainen on Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:39 pm

Okay, it looks like there's still some confusion with the posting order. It's cool, cos I know you're not familiar with it yet. I'll try and explain it better than before.

I have posting order 1. This means that I post first in the round. This is the first round. So the first post is a post detailing the actions of the character of Erik in this round. The second post is the 'GM Post'. As Gamemaster, I am also playing as the world of Everdusk, and largely controlling the surroundings and sometimes non-player characters. So the second post is a post by me representing how the world reacts to Erik's decisions. From that point, it should have been Balik to post next. However he has yet to do so. In such instances, we do not skip the turn of that character. In the rules it says that a player has 1 week to post from after the last GM post. If they fail to do so, I will post on their behalf. We do not skip the turns of characters. It appears things have moved a little more free form for this round, which I will allow, providing we return to the posting order in the next round. It just makes things more easy to follow. So for now, if you have already posted, do not post again until I issue instruction. I will always send out reminders as to whose turn it is to post.

The posting order for the next round will resume as:

1. Erik
- GM Post
2. Balik
- GM Post
3. Phoenix
- GM Post
4. James
- GM Post
5. Scourge
- GM Post
6. Aelfric
- GM Post
7. Allysande
- GM Post
8. Boomslang
- GM Post

Do not break this posting order, as it makes it a lot more difficult for me to keep track of everything. I am having to remember where 8 different characters are up to, and if posts occur randomly it becomes very difficult. Remember that there will be a GM Post in between every player post, to represent the results of your choices.

One final point is to please start every post with the time and date. Even if your character does not know the time or date, it is important that it is included for the benfit of the reader, so that I know when these events are occuring. It might not seem important now, but once characters start interacting with each other it will be nightmare if events are out of sync. So please edit any posts that do not include the time and date so that they do. Look at my posts for reference. Sorry if this all sounds strict, but a largely improvised rp requires some backbone and guidelines to stop it falling apart. I look forward to roleplaying with all of you.

aleksiempainen
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SonOfMars on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:19 pm

So who are we waiting on before we get the order rolling. And I do see how this first round has kinda devolved.

SonOfMars
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aleksiempainen on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:43 am

SonOfMars wrote:So who are we waiting on before we get the order rolling. And I do see how this first round has kinda devolved.

Currently we are waiting for Hyllymbvyör (Boomslang) and Darkmarshal (Rorschach) to make their first posts. Then I will make my GM responses, and then we will be able to begin round 2.
The running order for round 2 will be:
1. Erik Almstedt
*GM Post
2. Balik Kalvenia
*GM Post
3. Phoenix Brooks
*GM Post
4. James Goldsworth
*GM Post
5. Scourge
*GM Post
6. Aelfric Marickson
*GM Post
7. Allysande Terrania
*GM Post
8. Boomslang
*GM Post
9. Rorscach
*GM Post

PS. I will send out reminders when it is somebody's turn to post.

aleksiempainen
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aleksiempainen on Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:33 pm

Okay, sadly I have had to remove Boomslang as a character. Usually I would allow up to a week for a player to post, but I feel that a starter post has to be made quicker than this. I don't like the idea of intervention on the starter post either, as I want everyone to be able to choose how they start off. So since Boomslang was taking forever to make his debut, I decided to simply move on without him as to stop this rapid loss of momentum. I will be starting the next round and the posting order will come into effect. I will notify you when it is your turn to post.

aleksiempainen
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stormsoul19 on Thu May 01, 2014 6:56 pm

Hello all. Wanted to make you all aware of a new game I just found on kickstarter. It is structured sort of like rp gateway in that you rp by post, but it has elements of an online or tabletop RPG as well. If collaborative storytelling with game mechanics is something you're interested in, I highly encourage you to check out the kickstarter for Storium.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/st ... lling-game

If its relevant to anyone else, the game is also very accessible with the use of screen readers.

Thank you for your time and I hope to see some of you around storium.

stormsoul19
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aleksiempainen on Tue May 13, 2014 3:14 am

Hi guys,
I feel the rp is moving along very well. However, can I request that you make sure to start every post with the date and time? It makes it a lot easier to follow for me.

aleksiempainen
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aleksiempainen on Tue May 13, 2014 11:29 am

Also, just an idea for getting to know your characters abilities a little better, but would you be able to map out some rough stats? This will not majorly effect any part of the rp, and I don't plan on making it stat based. But it would help me guage what would be possible.
If 10 is that of an average human, 1 being as unimpressive as a humanoid creature can be and 20 being as good as a humanoid creature can be, would you guys be able to post the following here in the OOC?
Strength: Out of 20
Dexterity: Out of 20
Resilience/Armour Class: Out of 20 (This does not refer to the armour you wear, but as a person how well you handle damage)
Intelligence: Out of 20
Charisma: Out of 20
Wisdom: Out of 20 (This refers to what you know. Intelligence is your use of logic, comprehension and general brainpower. This refers to what you have learned yourself, who you have studied with, what schooling you've had, other experiences and personal research)
Willpower: Out of 20 (This refers to your ability to resist temptation and influence against your morales)
Appearance: Out of 20 (This refers to natural physical attractiveness)
Magic: (This refers to your ability to use magic. Assume the greatest wizard ever is 20, 10 is very basic and 1 cannot use magic at all)

I'll give Erik, Rachel, Cornelius, Augustus Snohl and a Goblin Henchman as examples:

Erik:
Strength: 11
Dexterity: 15
Resilience/Armour Class: 9
Intelligence: 15
Charisma: 12
Wisdom: 7 (No memories doesn't help)
Willpower: 13
Appearance: 13
Magic: 1 (No inherent magical ability. Doesn't mean it couldn't be learned though)

Rachel:
Strength: 8
Dexterity: 12
Resilience/Armour Class: 13
Intelligence: 13
Charisma: 16
Wisdom: 14
Willpower: 17
Appearance: 16
Magic: 1 (Again, no natural magic)

Professor Cornelius Poppington:
Strength: 5
Dexterity: 9
Resilience/Armour Class: 12
Intelligence: 15
Charisma: 15
Wisdom: 16
Willpower: 8
Appearance: 4 (Except for other creatures of his species, no one will find him attractive)
Magic: 1 (No inherent magic)

Goblin Henchman:
Strength: 14
Dexterity: 9
Resilience/Armour Class: 14
Intelligence: 8
Charisma: 7
Wisdom: 9
Willpower: 9 (Mercenaries aren't the most loyal)
Appearance: 3 (Not even attractive for a goblin)
Magic: 1

Augustus Snohl:
Strength: 8
Dexterity: 14
Resilience/Armour Class: 9
Intelligence: 16
Charisma: 12
Wisdom: 16
Willpower: 7
Appearance: 6
Magic: 16

aleksiempainen
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stormsoul19 on Tue May 13, 2014 12:05 pm

First, sorry for the delay in posting. Work plus moving doesn't leave as much time as I'd like for writing. I will definitely have something written up by the weekend, though.

Allysande's stats:

If 10 is that of an average human, 1 being as unimpressive as a humanoid creature can be and 20 being as good as a humanoid creature can be, would you guys be able to post the following here in the OOC?
Strength: 10 Out of 20
Dexterity: 12 Out of 20
Resilience/Armour Class: 14 Out of 20 (This does not refer to the armour you wear, but as a person how well you handle damage)
Intelligence: 15 Out of 20
Charisma: 15 Out of 20
Wisdom: 15 Out of 20 (This refers to what you know. Intelligence is your use of logic, comprehension and general brainpower. This refers to what you have learned yourself, who you have studied with, what schooling you've had, other experiences and personal research)
Willpower: 15 Out of 20 (This refers to your ability to resist temptation and influence against your morals)
Appearance: 14 Out of 20 (This refers to natural physical attractiveness)
Magic: 16 (This refers to your ability to use magic. Assume the greatest wizard ever is 20, 10 is very basic and 1 cannot use magic at all)

stormsoul19
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SonOfMars on Tue May 13, 2014 8:52 pm

Aelfric Son of Marick

Strength:20 (The might of the Hashari is pretty well known by now, but stats that aren't related to physical power are rather average, if not below)
Dexterity:11
Resilience: 18
Intelligence: 11
Charisma: 7 (The common tongue is very foreign to his tongue, and his appearance terrifies many due to his size)
Wisdom: 10 (He is very self-aware, and knows his strengths and flaws, but his outside of Hashar experiences are very limited.)
Willpower: 15
Appearance: 13 to a Hashari, 9 to most normal human women.
Magic: 0 (The Hashari have no mages, and are incapable of using innate magical forces.)

Also, besides this, I would like to know how we mean to get the characters together so we can RP with each other, besides our awesome GM. Btw Alek, you're doing a great job. Keep it up, this RP has lasted longer than any I have participated in. :)

SonOfMars
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby snapfish on Wed May 14, 2014 3:14 pm

about us all coming together, for my next post when i drink the potion should we skip my characters turn so that i get to the same place? That would e great because my parents wont let me on the computer untill I buy one myself and I am 100$ away.

snapfish
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aleksiempainen on Wed May 14, 2014 5:28 pm

snapfish wrote:about us all coming together, for my next post when i drink the potion should we skip my characters turn so that i get to the same place? That would e great because my parents wont let me on the computer untill I buy one myself and I am 100$ away.

Okay. That could work. We'll probably have to see about all the characters meeting up this early. Some of them are still quite far away and haven't yet got a reason to travel to Engelstedt. I'll work something out, but it might take a few turns before everyone is in the one place.

aleksiempainen
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SonOfMars on Sat May 17, 2014 4:17 pm

Who are waitin on? Lol

SonOfMars
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aleksiempainen on Sun May 18, 2014 5:06 am

SonOfMars wrote:Who are waitin on? Lol

Stormsoul at the moment. Hopefully they'll have a post up soon.

aleksiempainen
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!