Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Final Destination: Foresight (OOC and Signups)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Final Destination: Foresight (OOC and Signups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrhien on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:06 pm

(IC Link: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/final-destination-foresight-t20975.html)

In the year 2000, the infamous Flight 180 plane blew up and crashed after take off on its way to France. There were no survivors except for the five students and teacher who had left the plane after one of the students had a vision of the plane blowing up. In 2003, there was an accident on the freeway that caused a large number of deaths. However, even more deaths were prevented when by a woman about to head onto the freeway when she also saw a vision of the crash. The last reported case was in 2006, where yet again a woman saw a vision of a roller coaster at a high school carnival and saved several people from convincing them to get off. These all have something even greater in common... after these events, many of them were killed several months later in freak accidents. Even stranger, they all died in a specific order regarding how they would died in the original accident (with the second event reportedly going in reverse).

The reason? Death was tying up loose ends, trying to complete his list of deaths. There is a way to cheat this list though: if a person interferes in one's death, he will be skipped, and the next one on the list will be the next victim. There is one person who does this for a living, because he can see death. However, when he saves a person one day, he inadvertently kills one person because of it. Now, this "exchange" of lives will create a giant ripple that can affect more and more people. The more he interferes, the more damage he can cause... which may eventually result in him joining the list. Can he save these people permanently without risking any one else's life, including his own?
Right, now I want to try something interesting. With each impending death, I want to make a game out of it. Every time an impending death comes up for an RPer, I will make some clues evident. At the moment a death is imminent, I will give you the list of clues, involving the three W's: who it is, what's involved, and how it will kill someone. If they really are tremendously difficult, I will give one of the clues for free. Each person can make an individual guess. As long as ONE person get's all three right, the person will be spared. The FIRST TIME no one get's anything right for one of the deaths, I'll have the problem be automatically solved. The NEXT time no one gets anything right for one of the deaths, I'll give one of the more difficult hints right away. After that, it's either all or nothing. For the possible solutions, post them here in the OOC. Hopefully the idea catches your interest. Just an FYI, the first "possible death" is an exception, as it sets the chain of events in motion as described in the plot. So here's to hoping we can make a dark game out of this. Enjoy!

Name:
Biggest Fear:
Personal Item:
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio:

Name: Daniel Roth
Biggest Fear: Death itself
Personal Item: Swiss army knife
Appearance: 5'8", messy Medium-length black hair, hazel eyes, pale complexion, generally wears jeans, a leather jacket, and a white T-Shirt underneath, with black sneakers. He has some stubble and minor sideburns. He has a fairly athletic body build as well.
Personality: Daniel is not a cold person... just anti-social. As a man who is constantly trying to prevent deaths, he tries to keep a distance from people, as emotions may cause him to not think clearly when trying to figure out possible deaths. He is a kind person though despite this.
Bio: Daniel has been the odd man out most of his life. When in high school, no one really paid attention to him. They always considered him the odd kid. He didn't really care. He did alright when his brother was around. However, at the carnival instance at McKinley high in 2006, his brother got on the roller coaster that crash and kill over two dozen students. His life was a mess for several months. After that time, he began to see strange things as he walked around. Every now and then, he could see a shadowy figure following a person. He went to a psychiatrist, who convinced him that this death was manifesting itself in the form of these visions. Although he thought that he could get better, the amount of these "shadowy" encounters grew, until one day, he saw this figure pass over someone the moment of death. It was then that he realized he could see death. At first, he feared it. After some time, he began to grow obsessed with it, going into detail about the roller coast incident and others that were just like it. He then felt that it was his mission to save these possible victims. He would do it as often as he could. However, his latest target that he tries to save may create a problem that even he can't control...
Last edited by jackrhien on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

jackrhien
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Final Destination: Foresight (OOC and Signups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rae on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:34 pm

Yes sounds very intersting. I would love to join, but I need a little time to get a profile together. Hope thats ok.
also, the game part of the explanation is a little confusing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character's Full Name;
Marina Shae Mousquites
Birthday;
October 31st
Age;
Nineteen
Gender;
Female
Occupation;
Student
Biggest Fear;
Death
Personal Item;
Skateboard
Photograph;
Portrayer;
Avril Lavigne
Appearance;
Marina is tall, thin, and about as punk as you get. At times she obsesses with her wight and exercises like crazy so she is fit as well. Marina would most likely be classified as a punk/skater chick, if she cared about labels, which is the last thing on her mind.
Eye Color;
Storm cloud grey
Hair Color;
Blond with crazy colors streaked in occasionally
Personality;
Marina is very laid back and calm, and tries to keep her emotions under her sleeves. Sometimes, however, they leak through. She is a very strong willed and determined girl who doesn't take crap from anyone and will speak her mind without over reacting. Marina does have a small temper, but she can usually keep it under control. At times Marina can be considered a bitch, thats when she acts tough to keep up her own control, but once you get to know her she is a very outgoing yet calm person who is fun to be around.
Bio;
Mother; Marie Anttet Mousquites
Father; John Clark Mousquites
Little brother; Jake Thomas Mousquites
Marina grew up in the suburbs of Seattle Washington, in what appeared to be a happy normal home. For the first few years, everything was fine, then her father, elected governor, started drinking heavily. Marina would take Jake and run to a friends house whenever stuff got too out of hand. Her father never physically abused them, but the mental abuse was almost too much to bear. By her thirteenth year, Marina knew she had to run away, but first needed to make sure her brother was taken care of. She convinced her mother to send him to a boarding school, and she reluctantly agreed. Two days after her brother left, So did she.
Marina hit the streets with a wad of cash, her skateboard, and a few pairs of clothes. She knew she would have to leave the state, so she headed south into Oregon. A few weeks later, Marina reached Portland. That was when things really got bad.
Keep in mind we have a fifteen year old girl, out on the streets fending for herself and low on cash. Marina did the only thing she could think of, and got a job.
Working in a diner wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. She knew she wouldn't be able to cover her identity and situation for long. So, after a weeks worth of work, Marina took the money and ran. She had no where to go but back to Washington, so slowly Marina made her way to the border. At the border the police caught her and dragged her back home, they refused to listen to her story, and, on her first night home. Her father hit her for the first time.
Last edited by Rae on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:: Current Role Plays ::
Legends in the Making :: A HP Generations RP

:: Role Plays in the Works ::
NONE

:: Looking For ::
Dedicated Literate Role Players for one x one or group.
PM me if interested!

Interested in any of my role plays currently in the works? PM me and let me know!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rae
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NadieQuerida on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:35 pm

I'm joining! I'll post my character later, if you don't mind.

NadieQuerida
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrhien on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:42 pm

Awesome. Okay, to explain the game thing again:

When there is a possible death of a character, I'll give clues as to how the character can die, regarding who may die, how they'll die, and what will cause the death. After I give these clues, it's up to the RPers to figure out the who, what and how. If the RPers can solve it, the character survives. If not, they'll die. I'll basically give some lifelines if no one can solve some of these scenarios at first. The guessing will be done here in the OOC. If and when a person figures it out, I'll let everyone know, and the person who guesses it right interferes with the persons death in the actual RP and no one dies for the moment.

That clearer?

jackrhien
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rae on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:44 pm

Yes, much clearer. Thank you very much.

Rae
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrhien on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:47 pm

No problem. Glad to explain things if there is ever confusion.

jackrhien
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rae on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:10 pm

sorry, just one more question. What is the personal item for? I mean the signifigance of it?

Rae
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrhien on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:15 pm

The point of the item is to have an ability to be used to save someone or it may hint as to who can be death's next victim. Basically, everything that is said in the profile can be used as a possible hint.
Last edited by jackrhien on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackrhien
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rae on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:20 pm

Ah, ok I got it.
Thanks

so yeah, my profile is up now. Yays! That didnt take nearly as long as i thought it would.

Rae
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrhien on Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:14 am

Profile looks good. BTW, I posted the IC link in the topic post now, so you can start RPing whenever.

jackrhien
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rae on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:32 pm

um, the link you gave leads to create a topic page... and i'm not really sure about how to start a topic and stuff, so if you could post first that would be really helpful.

Rae
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrhien on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:39 pm

Right. Got that all that fixed up. Now you can start posting hah hah.

jackrhien
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rae on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:47 pm

Lol, okay thanks.

Rae
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!