Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Final Fantasy: The Shadow Pact

Final Fantasy: The Shadow Pact (Discussion)

a part of “Final Fantasy: The Shadow Pact”, a fictional universe by GeNeTiX.

[STARTED] In the age of New Pulse, worlds will collide as new would-be heroes face their destinies. Can they stop a new wave of destruction?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Final Fantasy: The Shadow Pact”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Final Fantasy: The Shadow Pact (Discussion)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GeNeTiX on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:35 pm

Welcome to the discussion thread for The Shadow Pact. If you have any queries or reservations, please let me know here, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible - I'm working on all the guide threads as you are reading this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

GeNeTiX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Final Fantasy: The Shadow Pact (Discussion)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemonDante on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:49 pm

Reserve me a character please :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DemonDante
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GeNeTiX on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:53 pm

DemonDante wrote:Reserve me a character please :D

Updated. :)

GeNeTiX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yumishi on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:03 pm

hi! I'm very intrested in joining this and was wondering if you could reserve me a spot? though I do have a question, am I okay to bring a Sephiroth like charicter in? don't worry, he won't really be like he is in FF7 (he'll be my own version, which is very diffrent) and he'll also be under a diffrent name.. :]

Yumishi
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GeNeTiX on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:12 pm

Yumishi wrote:hi! I'm very intrested in joining this and was wondering if you could reserve me a spot? though I do have a question, am I okay to bring a Sephiroth like charicter in? don't worry, he won't really be like he is in FF7 (he'll be my own version, which is very diffrent) and he'll also be under a diffrent name.. :]

When you say 'Sephiroth-like' do you mean, as a villain, or just the persona? I'll add you to the list, but we should discuss this.

GeNeTiX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inspiration on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:18 pm

I would be playing Final Fantasy right now if I could find my freaking power cable to my PS2 :|

Regardless, reserve me a spot.

Inspiration
Member for 15 years
Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Catbus on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Hey GeNeTiX....it's Catbus again.

So I guess I should be brutally honest. I really would like to do a FF roleplay, but when I saw all the character guides with predetermined histories, paradigms and whatnot, I feared that all the characters were just going to be slightly different versions of the already canon FF-13 characters, something I wasn't really keen on, which is why I bowed out. I see you're making this one now...and I don't see any character constraints, so I was wondering if the characters in this were left more to the RPer's creation.

If they are, then hey! Sign me up, I can't wait. Like I said, I'd love to do a FF roleplay. Again, sorry about before, I hope I didn't insult you, I just really wasn't looking to play Sazh, haha.
Last edited by Catbus on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catbus
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yumishi on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:28 pm

okay, thanks! just a persona, not the villain... :]

Yumishi
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GeNeTiX on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:39 pm

Finalhazard3 wrote:I would be playing Final Fantasy right now if I could find my freaking power cable to my PS2 :|

Regardless, reserve me a spot.

Certainly!

Catbus wrote:Hey GeNeTiX....it's Catbus again.

So I guess I should be brutally honest. I really would like to do a FF roleplay, but when I saw all the character guides with predetermined histories, paradigms and whatnot, I feared that all the characters were just going to be slightly different versions of the already canon FF-13 characters, something I wasn't really keen on, which is why I bowed out. I see you're making this one now...and I don't see any character constraints, so I was wondering if the characters in this were left more to the RPer's creation.

If they are, then hey! Sign me up, I can't wait. Like I said, I'd love to do a FF roleplay. Again, sorry about before, I hope I didn't insult you, I just really wasn't looking to play Sazh, haha.

Welcome back, Catbus. Don't worry about it - I totally understand, and it seems that all those people who said they were interested have just kinda faded away already. I'm also making a much greater effort with this one - I'm quite new to this site, so I decided my first RP attempt should be simple... Sadly, it must have been too simple, and people just didn't like it, so I've decided to basically let everyone make their own characters 100% themselves, and once I have an idea of the sort of characters we have, I'll start making individual story aspects that will affect them.

So again, welcome, and once I have the classes and stuff posted, then I'll be accepting applications. Right now I'm writing the Lore of New Pulse and how it came to be formed. It disregards some canon material post-FFXIII, and should be considered not true to the facts, however, I will explain where the differences are, as best as I can.

GeNeTiX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:43 pm

I am interested too. I've been looking for a roleplay with decent meat to it without being too restricting in the character department (I also saw the other FF RP I almost applied there, but I just... Don't do well if I can't create the characters myself).

Now all that being said, I've only played an hour or three of FFXIII... How far will I be behind? I'm willing to learn stuff for the sake of a good Roleplay.

Another note. It is currently finals week at school, so I may not be able to actively commit until this weekend, at which point I will have nothing but time.

And why am I sounding all formal about this. I'm not formal. I'm wild and crazy.

See?
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GeNeTiX on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:48 pm

Talisman wrote:I am interested too. I've been looking for a roleplay with decent meat to it without being too restricting in the character department (I also saw the other FF RP).

Now all that being said, I've only played an hour or three of FFXIII... How far will I be behind? I'm willing to learn stuff for the sake of a good Roleplay.

Another note. It is currently finals week at school, so I may not be able to actively commit until this weekend, at which point I will have nothing but time.

And why am I sounding all formal about this. I'm not formal. I'm wild and crazy.

Hmm... You won't really be too far behind, and certainly nothing that reading the Final Fantasy Wiki Page for XIII won't fix. If you have a basic concept of what happened on Cocoon, then I'm sure the wiki or myself can fill the blanks for you. Hell, I might even just make a plot summary of the entire game. :3

That's fine, in terms of timing - by the time this is ready to go, and other characters are ready, the weekend will probably be here already!

Glad you're interested - means my work isn't all in vain. :D

EDIT: Added link :) You can catch up on the story in like 10 minutes, tops.

GeNeTiX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Misdemeanor on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:54 pm

Hello! I am very interested in this roleplay! I am a big fan of the final fantasy series! I played Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2 and finished it completely to squeeze all the goodies it can give! Sorry... I might sound like an over-bearing fan >.< Anyway, I hope you can reserve a spot for me in this RP. Thanks!
Would you be the one to save me from nothingness or torment me with your sweet lies of salvation?

Misdemeanor
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yumishi on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:20 pm

this is going to be a dumb question but..how long do we have to create our charicters? is there a time limit on the reserves?

Yumishi
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GeNeTiX on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:24 pm

Yumishi wrote:this is going to be a dumb question but..how long do we have to create our charicters? is there a time limit on the reserves?

There's no provisional limit as such. I'd hope to have this started by the beginning of next week at the latest, and I'm still adding more information needed in order to create the characters, so don't worry. You've got time.

I'll be expecting most characters to be in by this Saturday (excluding known exceptions ^^) and hopefully I'll have everyone clear on where we begin and a vague idea of where we are going by Sunday night, ready for the beginning on Monday.

Misdemeanor, sorry I didn't get back to you but the time limiter prevented me from posting - I added your name to the list.

GeNeTiX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yumishi on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:39 pm

okay, thanks! :] do you want me to PM you my form when I'm done so you can check it over?

Yumishi
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inspiration on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:15 pm

Talisman wrote:I am interested too. I've been looking for a roleplay with decent meat to it without being too restricting in the character department (I also saw the other FF RP I almost applied there, but I just... Don't do well if I can't create the characters myself).

See?

:| Your lucky, I haven't picked up FFXIII yet. Call me late but I've been saving up for a new TV and a Mini-Fridge...and a new computer XD

Inspiration
Member for 15 years
Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Catbus on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Hey GeN, I might want to send my character in a bit later than a few others... I have a basic character idea in mind, but I wouldn't mind tweaking character to fit the group dynamic i.e. have my guy fill a fighter role that isn't used.

That is, if that's okay with you!

Catbus
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shiki29 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:59 pm

Hullo. I would like to reserve a character slot, if it's available. I don't know much about FF13, but I'll learn. I have a rough character idea in mind. Anywho, that is all. Finally, sorry if I overlooked the answer to this question, but will the story be more open-ended and original, or will it follow a game? I am okay if it did either of those two things. Otherwise, I can't wait to start.

Shiki29
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemonDante on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:14 pm

Shiki29 wrote:Hullo. I would like to reserve a character slot, if it's available. I don't know much about FF13, but I'll learn. I have a rough character idea in mind. Anywho, that is all. Finally, sorry if I overlooked the answer to this question, but will the story be more open-ended and original, or will it follow a game? I am okay if it did either of those two things. Otherwise, I can't wait to start.

DemonDante
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shiki29 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:28 pm

I have no idea. It actually wasn't conscious.

Shiki29
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!