Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Food for Thought: Uncle Fiend's Words of Wisdom

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Food for Thought: Uncle Fiend's Words of Wisdom

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:00 pm

Good morning, everyone. And good afternoon, good evening, and good night, wherever and whenever you are.

Every day I'd like to share with you a quote of special significance that will hopefully give you something to chew on throughout the day, and maybe offer a little enlightenment, too.

So grab a cup of coffee, relax, and enjoy the Quote of the Day.

I want to stress that this is not a place for silliness; if you would like to discuss these quotes meaningfully, I encourage you to do so. And if you have your own to add, then please do. But keep it serious, please.

Today's quote:

"The charm of history and its enigmatic lesson consist in the fact that, from age to age, nothing changes and yet everything is completely different. "

—Aldous Huxley, 1952

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Re: Food for Thought: Uncle Fiend's Words of Wisdom

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:05 pm

Your quote for today is:

"Educated men are as much superior to uneducated men as the living are to the dead."

—Aristotle (Date uknown)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:08 pm

Your quote for today:

"It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing."

—Seneca, AD 45

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:37 pm

And now for Sunday's quote:

"One man cannot hold another man down in the ditch without remaining down in the ditch with him."

—Booker T. Washington (Date unknown)

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:06 pm

For anybody who's watching, sorry I haven't updated in a couple days.

Today's quote:

" 'Take some more tea,' the March Hare said to Alice, very earnestly. 'I've had nothing yet,' Alice replied in an offended tone, 'so I can't take more.' 'You mean you can't take less,' said the Hatter: 'it's very easy to take more than nothing.' "

—Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, 1865

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:00 am

And the quote for Thursday is:

"I hear and I forget. I see and I believe. I do and I understand."

—Confucius (Date unknown)

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:11 pm

There have been a decent number of visits to this thread, but no commentary thus far. Let me know if there is interest in keeping this going, because if not I don't need to keep updating and bumping the thread.

Today's quote:

"Temptation is an irresistible force at work on a movable body."

—H.L. Mencken, 1949

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalD on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:56 pm

Very nice Fiend. I've got one for you.

"A man does not have himself killed for a half-pence a day or for a petty distinction. You must speak to the soul in order to electrify him."

- Napoleon Bonaparte (Date Unknown)

ImmortalD
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!