Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

for never was a story of more woe

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

for never was a story of more woe

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby they-go on Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:52 am

then that of juliet and her romeo

they go

i'm a returning gatewayer. try and guess who i was. i migrated to gaia, and decided it was time to return part of my soul to the site that led me into the world of post-by-post role playing, leading me away from the world of instant role play.

i think i'll just quote a few things from my tumblr, and direct you to my profile.

"random tumblings from an erratic creator whose head is in the clouds of fantasy and imagination trying to decide which direction is south for the winter.

welcome to the mind of the erratic magical horse whose partners in crime are a kneazle and crup. her mind is a dichotomy of seasons that is realized through her strange and unexpected tumblings when she is sane enough to post them.

a desperate writer, graphic and interior designer, photography and crappy drawer, she is located in the heat of the bottom of the earth where she struggles with the real world, her studies, and her poetic wavering inspiration for creations.

she hopes to one day be a professional author, interior/graphic designer and photographer who travels the world in search of the hidden society with a library on all the supernatural.

she is terribly afraid to die, and as such welcomes any vampires that may be reading to pay her a visit, whether it be in the mind or physically, to tell her about the wonderful night life that they live and maybe consider turning her so she may see the turn of the century - and if she’s lucky, the end of the world.

that is all. go read her tumblerumblings.
"
random tumblings from an erratic creator whose head is in the clouds of fantasy and imagination trying to decide which direction is south for the winter.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

they-go
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: for never was a story of more woe

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugmentationAudit on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:11 pm

Welcome back to RPG! It's fantastic to have you back, though I can't say that I've been able to work out who you are, if I know you or not. It'll be something to work on if I catch you about.
Things have likely changed since you've been gone, especially in the chat, but we're all too happy to help you get back into the flow.
If you need any pointers on some of the new stuff, or anything else, feel free to drop me a private message or reply on here and I'll see what I can do.
Custom character art on my profiles is work by the wonderful Hax. She does commissions and is happy to discuss drawing RP characters. Take a look and drop her a line.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AugmentationAudit
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby they-go on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:10 pm

I don't recall seeing you and if you're only a year old here I most likely haven't met you before - but its a pleasure to now : D

I was actually a bit thrown offwhenI went to add a character to my pages only to find that the 'add new'button had been removedandyou could only add a character through a role play.

they-go
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:06 pm

Hey there, they-go! Love that username. Sometimes in my forum-browsing I'll stagger across a really, really interesting name and it makes me stop and think a second -- and this was one of those instances.

Anyways, welcome to RolePlayGateway! This is one of the more textured introductions that I've read in a while. It's good to have such a sharp, creative mind joining up with us here .. I think you might like what you find,if you stick around a bit more!

Ah! Couldn't help but notice your comment up above about being a photographer! One thing about RolePlayGateway that makes it a bit different from the rest is that we put as much emphasis on the forms of creative expression that are not writing, as we do the ones that are.

Here is a link over to the Artwork subforum of the Creative Realm, a place for users to gather and show off their crafts of art, music, writing, poetry, etc. You can collect critiques, comments, or just straight praise. It's definitely worth checking out. (:

The forum is moderated by Designers like myself -- and believe it or not, applications for the position of Designer are currently open! *waggles her fingers*

Well, now that I'm done shamelessly advertising ..

.. Welcome, once again, to RolePlayGateway!

Hope to see you around! :P

VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby they-go on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:33 pm

I noticed Gateway was hiring, but I wasn't sure if they were looking for people who had been around a while. I mean, I was around for a few years, but then I left...

And I'm not exactly sure what type of designing they're after...
I wouldn't mind applying

they-go
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!