Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Four dark, developed roleplay ideas

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Four dark, developed roleplay ideas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Animality Opera on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:34 am

Although I've been fairly active as a player here at RPG, I haven't GM'd just about since I joined.

I've also had a roleplay bug lately that no roleplay has been able to satiate, as it seems many of the ones I've taken the time to construct a character for have died off rather quickly, in most cases due to the GM and/or other players disappearing. D:

But with this roleplay bug itching at the back of my mind, I've been tossing around a number of ideas, old and new. Have a look~

#1: Nightmare Before Christmas [Dark/Mystery]

A Halloween roleplay just in time for the season! But this is not the childhood Nightmare Before Christmas you're familiar with. A small but steadily growing population of Halloween Town citizens are behaving abnormally, savagely turning on their own kind. When a pair of human teenagers stumble into town, they decide to help solve the mystery - after all, if the feral citizens are still around by Halloween, they'll easily be able to escape and wreak havoc on the human world.
Original characters only. The two humans and a number of citizens will be available to play.

#2: Wizard of Oz [Grimdark/Dark/Mystery]

Nearly a millennium after Dorothy's adventure, and Oz is a very, very different place. A much darker, more perilous place, ravaged by centuries of war and populated with the monsters left in conflict's wake. A deadly disease like some demonic form of rabies has been sweeping through the land. It's been spreading so quickly and making the infected so dangerous that most have come to accept it as a part of life; yet another hazard in Oz to be thoroughly avoided, another chip away at the average life span. Now a group has been called together to hunt down the source of this disease and put a stop to it... or die trying.
Original characters only. Characters can be human, tinman, scarecrow, or lionfolk.

#3: Togainu no Chi [Survival/Drama/Romance/Boys Love]

In the distant future of Japan, the city of Toshima is the ruins of what was once Tokyo. The war-torn and abandoned city was converted into an arena for a deadly tournament called Igra. Criminals - and anyone who wants in - are set loose in the city to survive on their own there, with participation in Igra optional, though anyone who doesn't participate is likely to be killed by participants anyways if they don't make themselves useful. Igra is a fighting tournament where landing on your back means losing, and winners are allowed to do whatever they wish to losers - which often results in death. Participants receive dog tags which bear the images of playing cards - these tags can be used as currency and are also collected as winnings, and whoever collects a royal flush wins the right to fight Il Re, the supposedly toughest in the city... And whoever beats Il Re is allowed to leave Toshima alive with a clean slate.
Original characters and some canon characters, all male.

#4: Mental Facility [Drama/Romance/Boys Love]

Sullivan Correctional Facility frowns on the term asylum. The staff prefers to view their patients as people in need of help, not as crazies to be locked up and stashed away... But their idea of "help" is in many cases a twisted one. The head of the facility and a number of other staff members have a fluctuating moral code at best, and sometimes it almost seems as if they're driving patients further off the deep end rather than pulling them out of it. Some patients are earnest about continuing "treatment" in the hopes of getting better, while others have lost all illusion this correctional facility has any intention of correcting them, and spend their every spare thought planning escape or even rebellion. But such an endeavor would require serious cooperation and focus, and not all the patients have their eyes on the goal...
Original characters, all male. Staff and patients will be available to play.

So, here I am in Interest Checks checking for interest. c:

These would all be mature, "literate" roleplays and I would be looking for dedicated players capable of keeping up on that level, not to mention well-developed and interesting characters to play with. <3

I would love to hear all manner of feedback on these ideas, and will take questions pertaining to any of them. I'd also like to hear which you would be most interested in taking part in; whichever seems to hold the most interest, I will set to work on making happen ASAP! n_n

Hope to hear from you all soon~! <3
And I'm pretty sure that I'm only human;;
Then again I could be [W R O N G]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Animality Opera
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Four dark, developed roleplay ideas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celaira on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:19 am

Hi there Opera~!

I just wanted to say that I love love love both your Nightmare Before Christmas, and your Wizard of Oz ideas! I think they're both really cool twists, and I can't decide which one is my favorite!

I do have a question or two:

How literate do you want your partners word-length wise?

I have never written under 200 words even on a bad day, and with really good inspiration I've written somewhere around 2,400-ish words. On a good day with light inspiration my max dwindles down to somewhere around 500-900 words.

What kind of pictures would you want us to use for these RolePlays?

I'm most comfortable with Anime and Digital Art, but it shouldn't be too hard to find a real picture to suit a character if you preferred it that way.
My writing is my soul, when you read something I have written, I hope you understand that I am baring my soul to you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Celaira
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Animality Opera on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Celaira wrote:How literate do you want your partners word-length wise?

I have never written under 200 words even on a bad day, and with really good inspiration I've written somewhere around 2,400-ish words. On a good day with light inspiration my max dwindles down to somewhere around 500-900 words.

A paragraph at bare minimum, probably 100 words at the least. Personally I average around 400 words, dwindling to 100-200 if there's really not much to do, etc., and getting up to 700-900 if there's a lot to do , etc..
Anywhere beyond 100 words is fine with me~ I understand there are different types of writers, and so long as the posts are quality I won't mind if someone makes just a little over 100 words every post.

Celaira wrote:What kind of pictures would you want us to use for these RolePlays?

For a Nightmare Before Christmas, artwork. Preferably not too heavily anime; sparkly, long-haired girls with huge eyes and the physique of a 12-year-old would be frowned on.

Wizard of Oz would be real photos for the humans, and artwork for tinmen/scarecrows/lionfolk.

Togainu no Chi would be anime. Again, relatively mature anime would be preferred.

Mental Facility could be artwork or real photos, I'm not sure yet, so I could talk about it with those interested, haha. c:

Animality Opera
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celaira on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:58 pm

Thanks for the information! I'm really very interested in the Nightmare Before Christmas RolePlay, and if possible I'd like to be in that one if you do decide to make it!

Celaira
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WittyWriter88 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:51 pm

Hello all! ^.^

All your ideas are lovely, Opera. :D Personally, however, I am more drawn to the Nightmare Before Christmas role-play, and the Wizard of Oz one, myself. I would participate in either one. :)
I would consider myself a literate role-player. :P I post at least 200 words per character, if not more. I tend to stick to realistic pictures for no real reason besides preferring them over semi-realistic or anime. However, I'm not real picky; more of a "go with the flow" type of person. xD

Anyway! Just thought I'd drop a few lines, y'know, showing my interest and what-not. xP

WittyWriter88
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Animality Opera on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:02 am

Thanks for the input you two~!

I'd like to get at least two more committed players before starting - assuming the Nightmare Before Christmas idea continues to prove popular. c:

Animality Opera
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowStryker9255 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:16 pm

I love all your ideas! Particularly the first and fourth on your list. I love playing mentally unstable characters.
then our message is clear, my dear
this all ends tonight

ShadowStryker9255
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Banshee on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:06 pm

I would be interested in the fourth choice. My favorite role-playing characters have always walked on the 'abby-normal' side of the fence.

Banshee
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!