Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

From Desolation We Rise

From Desolation We Rise [ooc; OPEN]

a part of “From Desolation We Rise”, a fictional universe by KaiyaFierce.

A nuclear attack has ravaged America, leaving it's inhabitants insane or struggling to survive.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “From Desolation We Rise”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] From Desolation We Rise [ooc; OPEN]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:44 pm

RTF...uhh... D?

Yeah, its in there that we get new names, first and last. Hence my character's 'sheet' name being different from his 'Authorised Access Only' name.
You know what the first rule of flying is?

Love.
You can learn all the math in the 'verse...
But you take a boat in the air that you don't love...
She'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds.
Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down...
Tells you she's hurting before she keels.
Makes her a home.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:56 pm

Okay, there we go - fixed. The Michael Arborly is now The Artist Formerly Known as Michael Arborly (not really).
From the depths, I return!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:22 am

TAFKAMA.
I would totally go around calling him Tafkama. And laughing at him.

All the time.

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaiyaFierce on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:23 am

Ahahhaha i'm sorry! It definitely should've been clearer, I was a berk. I'll go look at/accept Michael now! :D
In visions of the dark night
I have dreamed of joy departed-
But a waking dream of life and light
Hath left me broken-hearted.

KaiyaFierce
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:32 am

Okey dokey, I'll be waiting. I got approved. AWESOOOOOME.

Ironbrow, is there some kind of inside joke that I missed in there?

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:08 am

No. I'd just call him Takfama. It sounds quite absurd and is absolutely the sort of thing Will would do.

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:08 am

Woah hey unintentional doublepost...

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lashun on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:45 pm

Do we start naoz? :3

Lashun
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaiyaFierce on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:14 pm

Ahh, it's quite late so I don't think i'll do a starting post tonight, but i'll definitely do one tomorrow because i'll be away for the weekend and that'll give everybody time to get an introduction post in :D

KaiyaFierce
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:55 pm

Darn you people and your alternate timezones. Quite late my butt, in the REAL timezone it's only 4:55PM! :D

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FyreT1ger on Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:22 pm

I just proved I could write a long post, 600+ words in another rp. It did involve two characters I play and a number of NPCs, though. I still have to do better to get the same effect with only one character. I will do my best, and if it doesn't work out...

Subject Cat has failed the mission and become a threat. She must be suppressed. That would lead to one dead kitty cat.

FyreT1ger
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:10 am

Hey, any idea when we're starting?

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaiyaFierce on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:39 am

I'm so sorry for taking so long to get the starting post up! Terribly impolite of me, I ended up being away a little longer then I thought, but I will have it up tonight rain or shine.

KaiyaFierce
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaiyaFierce on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:02 am

Sorry for the double post ;)

THE IC IS FINALLY UP! My great apologies. Everyone is most welcome to do their introduction posts now ;D Once everyone has shown off then I'll move it on. Oh and as far as Vaughn is concerned, I don't mind people NPC-ing him to a point, he can make comments and react to the character but I'd prefer that you don't:

- Have him act out of character. You may be the sweetest, most adorable, hottest person alive but I can promise you, he still isn't going to like you. So, at least at this point in time, don't have him acting anything other than how he is - a grumpy, bitter old man.

- Have him make any orders that'll change what's going on. Later on I don't think it'll be a problem, but so early on I'd like to control what the group is doing - just so that everybody is getting to know each other smoothly.

Other then that, enjoy :D I can't wait to see beginning posts!

KaiyaFierce
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:56 pm

Maybe you should send out a PM to everyone Kaiya? Just to remind them we exist? :)

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FyreT1ger on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:19 pm

I know you exist. It just took forever for me to figure out what to say. Maybe other people are having similar problems.

FyreT1ger
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:26 pm

NP Fyre, just saying it because the time between everyone being ready and us starting was fairly lengthy. :)

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FyreT1ger on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:45 pm

That's true. I knew about it because I check all roleplays I'm involved in every day, both ooc and ic, but I don't know if everyone else does.

FyreT1ger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:19 am

I'm getting there. I still have to think of a way to showcase Michael's abilities.

Cypher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KaiyaFierce on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:31 am

Ahh, i'll give people another day or so to get a post up then I'll send PMs around :)

KaiyaFierce
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!