Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fuzzy Logic

a topic in Logic & Mathematics, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Let's talk about formal logics, mathematical models, and theoretical constructs.

Fuzzy Logic

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dealing with it on Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:42 pm

I don't know much about fuzzy logic, but it seems like something I should know. I borrowed a book on Discrete Mathematics from my roommate, since he insists that it is an important precursor to probability sets, but I thought I'd also like to discuss it here.

Basically, as I understand it, fuzzy logic deals with polyvalent truth values. Think of Boolean logic, where 0 is false and 1 is true. It is simple, two-valued, and absolute.

In fuzzy logic, values in between 0 and 1 are possible: something can be partially true... for instance, something can be 0.6 true. This allows some interesting mathematical expressions, like infinite-valued sets.

Can anyone think of applications of fuzzy logic?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dealing with it
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Contributor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Greeter Beta Tester Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Fuzzy Logic

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HelplessBystander on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:01 am

You lost after Boolean logic. I think that it is going to take a hell lot more effort to create innovative applications non-binary models of probability sets since most of our computerised applications are inherently derived from binary-based logic systems (more complicated than that, but that's basically the gist of it).

The only thing I could think of in relation to this appears to be quantum computers, and even then, I don't understand enough about quantum computational logic to give examples. But I think non-binary operations SHOULD make calculations more efficient, right?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HelplessBystander
Member for 7 years
Friendly Beginnings Author Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby grayverson on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:29 am

Fuzzy logic is a branch of mathematics that is a generalization of classical logic and set theory, based on the notion of a fuzzy set, as an object with a membership function of an element to a set that takes any values in the interval [0, 1].
I know that fuzzy logic is applied in MATLAB. There is a Fuzzy Logic Toolbox tool that provides functions, apps, and a Simulink block for analyzing, designing, and simulating systems based on fuzzy logic. The toolbox lets you model complex system behaviors using simple logic rules, and then implement these rules in a fuzzy inference system.
Also, fuzzy logic is used in systems with artificial intelligence.
If you are interested in mathematics but want to know more about it, visit this site https://assignment.essayshark.com/math-help.html. You can find there studying tips or ask for help with your assignments.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

grayverson
Member for 7 years
Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dealing with it on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:20 pm

Interesting. The video on Simulink used the example of wind turbine which is a lot clearer than that of artificial intelligence. I can imagine it's a very good tool for engineers. I wonder if there's any use for it in philosophy; or, hell, website design.

dealing with it
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Contributor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Greeter Beta Tester Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SimonTiger on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:17 pm

Fuzzy logic in practice
A standard article on fuzzy logic usually sins with two things:

In 99% of cases, the article deals only with the use of fuzzy logic in the context of fuzzy sets, or rather, fuzzy inference, and even more precisely the Mamdani algorithm. One gets the impression that only this way fuzzy logic can be applied, but this is not so.
Almost always an article is written in mathematical language. It's great, but programmers use another language with other notations. Therefore, it turns out that the article is simply incomprehensible to those who, it would seem, should be useful.

SimonTiger
Member for 6 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!