Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gates of Heaven, Gates of Hell OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Gates of Heaven, Gates of Hell OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phidius on Sat May 16, 2009 8:45 am

It has been long said that there has been a secret and unseen war going on for centuries, no, countless millenia between Good and Evil. This Good and EVil is God and his angels and Satan(the Devil) and his demons.

It has been a rough stalemate for the past centuries, demons taking hosts only to be expelled by priests, and indirectly God. This is the story of the War reaching a boiling point, where angels and demons reveal themselves and Humans were forced to take sides.

It has been many years since then. The Humans have taken horrific losses, though they still remain populous. Satan's black and evil armies are approaching the Gates of Heaven after a disasterous defeat for the Angels at the Gates of Hell.

Saint Peter can't hold them off alone, so an elite corps or angels dedicated to fighting Satan and his minions and push them back to Hell, then invade Hell itself and forever destroy Evil.

Okay, so this would be a form of the Catholic faith, where there is a Trinity(one god in three persons), except Jesus and God would be actually separate entities and the Holy Spirit would manifest itself in exceptionally strong priests. We will be playing as angels of the First Army of Heaven(the elite corps). I will play as the major people: God and Jesus. You can choose other Saints if you want or just create an angel.

Character sheet-

Name:
Weapons/Equipment:
Abilities:
Appearance:(Pics/anime area acceptable)
Personality:
Bio:(Mainly, reason for joining the Corps)
Other:

My Characters:

Name: Saint Michael the Archangel
Weapons/Equipment: Heavenly Spear, romanesqe shortsword, shield pictured.
Abilities: Can call up a barrier that repels Satan's forces and destroys those that try to pass through it, immune to posession and other demonic abilities, can call up a destructive(against evil) beam of light. Appearance:http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KJE4bvbgs5E/SGXJz0UmUcI/AAAAAAAACBo/uBcltpGgwko/s400/Michael+dark+blog+wm.jpg
Personality: Devoted to the cause of God, will defend Heaven and Humanity to his last breath.
Bio: Was asked by God to take command of the new Elite 1st Corps of the Army of Heaven, along with his other responsibilities as field commander of Heaven's forces.

Name: God the Almighty, Father, many others
Rank: Leader of all in and under his domain, the only thing out of his grasp being Hell.
Weapons/Equipment: Can summon anything he needs
Abilities: Can use his omnipotence to fight at many places at once, can banish things in his domain from existence,
Appearance: Can manifest in any form he chooses.

Name: Jesus Christ
Weapons/Equipment: the Word of God(the Gospel), spear.
Abilities: Can preach the Word, using it to kill evil. Skilled fighter when he wents to be.
Appearance: Everyone knows what Jesus looks like.

I'M SOFA KING WE TOD DID!!! (Say it slow and out loud)

(\ /)
( . .)
(")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Phidius
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Gates of Heaven, Gates of Hell OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lily Evans on Sat May 16, 2009 9:32 am

(I'll take an angel please! I'll put up a pic of her in a sec, but are we doing character sheets for OOCs?)
Lily Dawn Evans:
My Character Profiles: WIP
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/work-pro ... 23818.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lily Evans
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Sat May 16, 2009 9:52 am

Name: Ragnar, The Guardian
Apparent Age: 37
Rank: Augur (somewhat of a saint, but a tad more mundane still a title is just a title)
Weapons/Equipment: Absolute Law (A holy force derived from the universe and reality itself, not even from god), as well as anything he has at hand
Abilities: Ragnar's abilities come not from some worshipped being or damned soul, but of humanity itself and the universe that is. The origin of Retribution, Faith and Judgment would not be realized if it weren't for the higher mind of humanity and the consciousness of the world. This is what he calls upon, he has become one of the countless guardians of the human race -they who are their own masters.

Rebuke -The absolute denial of something/someone, depriving them of their ability to make changes in the world. It requires intense determination, as well as a justified reason.

Divine Lightning -An immense bolt of lightning clashes through the three realms, Heaven Earth and hel. Annihilating thou who sins, but leaving the innocents invigorated. This cantrip judges it's subjects by itself, depending on what they have done regardless of Ragnar's intentions. It is the ultimate judgment.

Absolute -Raising his hand forward solemnly, all shall not pass beyond the lines of the palm. The ability which gave him his title as the Guardian, this protects any number of subjects he is in the vincity of. Instead of removing them from harm's way, it removes the harm from their way. A thick transparent shield inscribed with illuminating arcane sigils spring forth, becoming an impenetrable wall that stands unmoving in the way of those who shant pass.

Appearance :
Undeniably traditional, he has barely changed attire since he started guarding humanity.
Personality: Stoic, he strongly believes in the quotation 'eye for an eye'. Whether angel or demon, god or devil. As long as they harm the innocent of humanity, he SMITES them down regardless. Lazy, to more trivial matters he much rather let nature take it's course.
Bio: As the corps shares a concept similar to his own, he has joined their side for convenience in nullifying a foreseen disaster that would otherwise befall the non deserving members of the human race.
Other: He cannot be possessed, his punch or shout knocks the possesee (for the lack of a better word) out of the host. He is as human as the rest, his obligations are what sets him apart. In fact, he empowers the innocent giving them abilities as well.

[I know it's abit of power play (and seriously not my style), well ...not abit but since we are dealing with god and his rivals here I think it should be alright. Also I must warn you, this thread might stir up another christian hate debate like similar things have done so in the past. Just so you are not suprised if someone out of the blue and out of the three of us, begins flaming in the ooc. This is from my recollection of many other forums I've seen, including yahoo answers. Why, could it happen? I guess, religion is a touchy thing and is best handled meticulously.]

A smilie costs nothing, but in the internet, it is EVERYTHING.

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Sat May 16, 2009 10:48 am

So...we aren't allowed to play as demons? We've got to be angles? And you've already called God and Jesus?
ImageImageImageImageImage

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emptor on Sat May 16, 2009 11:45 am

Since I'm Satan(never thought I'd say that)do I have to make a character sheet?
y'know, I like rabbits and all. They're cute and they're horny. And if you're cute and you're horny, then you're probably happy, in that you don't know who you are and why you're even alive. And you just wanna' have sex, as many times as possible, before you die... I mean, I just don't see the point in crying over a dead rabbit! Y'know, who... who never even feared death to begin with.-Donnie Darko
CTHULU FOR PRESIDENT:WHY CHOOSE THE LESSER EVIL?

Emptor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat May 16, 2009 11:45 am

Name: St. Thomas Aquinas
Apparent Age: 60's
Weapons/Equipment: Wooden Staff
Abilities:
Divine Reason: Thanks to his lifelong pursuit of knowledge about God and the revelations granted to him in Heaven, he knows many things. He is able to reveal to demons the futility of fighting God, making them despair and losing the will to fight.
Appearance: http://th00.deviantart.com/fs18/300W/f/ ... mund04.jpg
Personality: St. Thomas Aquinas is a lover of knowledge and is generally unconcerned with earthly things but rather basks in Union with God and Divine Knowledge.
Bio: Thomas Aquinas was commanded by God to accompany St. Michael to aid him with the knowledge he possessed.
Other:

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phidius on Sat May 16, 2009 3:30 pm

@flickery: reduce your character's power a bit, you're making him sound like another God.

@Lily Evans: Yes, make a character sheet

@DLCXVI: No demons, must be an angel or human fighting for the angels. Technically, in my Catholic faith, they are a Trinity(one God in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). I just twisted it a bit so they could be separate people. Though I'll let you do a Jesus profile, I'll decide whether or not you can be Him.

@Emptor: Yes, I made a sheet for God, so it would only be fair for you to make one of Satan.

@almostinsane: Accepted

Phidius
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Sat May 16, 2009 9:22 pm

Actually, that was kind of the opposite of what I had in mind. I take it you've already promised Emptor he can be the only one to play a demon?

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_angle66 on Sun May 17, 2009 2:32 am

Name: Eve
Weapons/Equipment: bow and arrow, daggers
Abilities: She is able to heal others but it takes up a lot of her own energy, she is also able to control the weather (i.e. Storm X-Men).
Appearance: http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll20 ... 7994_4.jpg
Personality: loyal, faithful and dedicated to God and his word, kind-hearted and will do anything to protect humanity and heaven from the darkness.
Bio: Eve has joined the Corps of the Army of Heaven not just because they share similar believes about not harming the human race but also to revenge her parents death, who were slaughtered down when she was only 9 years old by a group of ruthless, bloodsucking demons. Eve is here to fight for the good of mankind and she isn’t going to let anyone get in the way of it.

(hope this is okay? )

sweet_angle66
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Sun May 17, 2009 3:28 am

@ phidus : Err I don't think I will have time for this thread now, I won't be doing anything IC.

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phidius on Sun May 17, 2009 7:07 am

@DCLXVI: In the interest check I told him he could be Satan, but that would be all for demons. I created this RP to be angels fighting off demons and destroying Evil forever, not as a battlefield between people RPing both.

@sweet_angel66: Accepted

@flickery: That's fine, if we're not too far along when you can get on just go ahead and put in, if we're too far in, there'll probably be another one ;)

Phidius
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lily Evans on Sun May 17, 2009 5:46 pm

Name: Lilian (known as Lily)
Apparent Age: Late teens
Weapons/Equipment: A heavenly sword, a staff and a set of blessed sais, all white with pink ribbons, and a pink jewel in the center.
Abilities: She can move very quickly and is quite flexible. She can create temporary light shields, and summon her weapons to her side.
Divine Reason: She has always had great faith in human kind and still does, and she is ready to defend them and her own kind against the evil of demons.
Appearance:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/D ... d-Ca-1.jpg
Personality: She is a faithful, loyal follower of god, even though she doesn't always agree with his decisions. She is always ready to fight evil, even though she is light hearted and kind. She loves to study, and values intelligence over all of the traits that humans and angel have.
Bio: She joined the Elite Corps because of the love she had for human kind - her compassionate heart made her want to defend the humans on earth against the evils and temptations that the demons and Satan himself brought to man.

Lily Evans
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phidius on Mon May 18, 2009 4:36 pm

Accepted, the IC will be up soon, I promise. I've been very busy of late.

It's up! http://www.roleplaygateway.com/post612800.html#p612800 Feel free to post anytime.

Phidius
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!