Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Genetic Survival(IC)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Genetic Survival(IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:40 pm

Hearing her introduce herself, he looks up, and replies, "Nice to meet you....by the way, why is everyone here so....relaxed? Don't they know of the threat outside?" He finally asked her, starting to wonder why this dome was so much different in emotional atmosphere. The dome he used to live was nothing but alertness and worried when the next attack would be coming. "Don't they know what those things outside can do to them?" He asked again, adding more curiosity to his tone of voice to let her know his reason for asking abit.
~The closer you get to the light, the stronger your shadow becomes~

Inspiration Music for my RPs
Fairy Tail - Dragon Force
The Legend of Spyro - Valley of Avalar
Iji - Tor Battle
The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki SC Back to your Friends

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Oblivian
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MercyKilling on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:08 pm

After Loa and Eve had finished they sat down on her pristine couch, each with a Hot Chocolate in hand. She set down her warm drink, pulling a sanitising wipe from the side. She lent forward, brushing the few red splatters from the young girls face "You'll end up looking like me if you're not careful!" She joked to the girl, she gestured to the red marks just reaching across her face, a permanent stain. It was one of the reason she loved children so much, where adults were afraid to ask about her mark, they couldn't help themselves. She watched as the blood soaked into the cloth, leaving her face once more perfect.

"Why do you look sad?" Eve asked, confused at the sudden turn Loa supposed. Her wide eyes peered up at into her own. A smile lit Loa's face almost immediately. She hadn't even realised that she'd trailed off onto a somewhat touchy subject. She marvelled at her ease around her student.

"I'm not sad little one." She touched a pale finger to the girls nose affectionally "I was thinking how you may surpass me one day." Teasing entering her tone. She placed the dirtied cloth on her oh so clean floor and picked up her now warm drink. She took a sip and settled into her seat as Eve crawled into her lap. Curling into a little ball, it was hard on the children here to be taken away from their parents. She knew this, even if she believed in the process whole-heartedly. She wished some of them could have the best of both, though without becoming distracted, as they would. She stroked a hand along Eves ebony hair.

"Come on now, you know I have work to do. You're going to need to do you're work too. Drink up and lets get on." She said this softly, as though it might make the girl mad, but all she did was drink and sit up. She looked up at her, over one shoulder, before getting down.

"Thank you for letting me help." She gave a sweet little bow, waved and left via her still open front door. She shook her head at the loss she felt, as Eve's presence left the room. She knew that she would most likely never bare children, though this was a peaceful dome, it was never really safe. She stood slowly, closing her door, as she thought of having a child. It simply didn't fit. She pulled off her clothes, redressing in her uniform and pulling her suit back on. Ready for the run later, she pondered who she would be sent out with today and hoped they would be proficient.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MercyKilling
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Pirate on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:28 pm

Alys thought about it for a moment, before shoving her hand through her hair. "Yeah, I'm not sure they do. This dome doesn't see as many attacks as others, or so I'm told. I've been here my whole life so I wouldn't know." She looked over at a little boy, playing with his mother. With a frown, she looked away again. "If I had a family, I'd rather bring them up like that. Anything is better then being raised into the unit." She sighed, thinking out loud. She brought her hand to her mouth, having meant to keep that thought to herself. Perhaps she hated her childhood more then she needed but she still had dreams about her mother. The look in her eyes, so disapproving and it still stung.
I claim you as my lifemate.
I belong to you.
I offer my life for you.
I give to you my protection, my allegiance, my heart, my soul, and my body.
I take into my keeping the same that is yours.
Your life, happiness, and welfare will be cherished and placed above my own for all time.
You are my lifemate, bound to me for all eternity and always in my care.
~Carpathian Binding Ritual

Dragon_Pirate
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:59 pm

At first, Sikes thought to himself, "Great, they sent me to a dome that hardly get's attacked. That explains everything." As he thought this, he overheard her words and looked back at her, realizing that even though they hardly get attacked, the methods are still just the same as any dome. Replying to her words, he says, "Yeah, well once you get some years in the unit like that, you get used to it all." Letting her know he had a similar experience. Giving a moment of silence to the topic, Sikes then quickly bursted out saying, "So, how far to my new place?" He asked, trying to change the topic now.

Oblivian
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MercyKilling on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:41 am

Eve ran along the corridors, arms waving like an old fashion aeroplane. There was a mischievous glint in her eyes, she was on a search for the new person. They were always fun to play with, and not nearly so serious for the first few days at least. She zoomed round the corners, followed by her fellow class mates, their constant noise adding to the general clatter of the dome. She had looked him up on the free database, where could find almost anyone should she wish too. She thought that he looked fun, even if his history was a little scary. They pattered under fire to the left, veering erratically around the adult strikers. She had just spotted the man.

"Dive, dive, dive, go left, were hit!" She yelled in a high pitched squeal of joy, sending the others away from her as she catapulted up into the man's legs. She clutched his trousers, looking up at him with big round eyes. She smiled one cute childish grin, hoping that this might quell any anger he might feel at her attack. She held up a hand, small and pale, it shook slightly. The man was far more scary than she had thought him to be from his photo, she wondered briefly if she would look like that when she was older. Then her young mind skittered off to his blade. Her eyes somehow managed to go wider, she looked at it in wonder. She was glad to be a young scout, but she thought the blades of her class mates were so impressive. Sometimes she wished she could be like them.

MercyKilling
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Pirate on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:28 am

As Alys was about to reply, Sikes fell prey to one of the darling little children being trained and experimented on, just as they had. Reaching down, she scooped Eve up into her arms, spinning her around. "Eve, You shouldn't surprise our new guest." She giggled, gently ruffling the child's hair. She found the child to be mischievous and always high spirited. When she was going through it, she was quite the opposite. Despite that she had learned to have a sense of humor and her time roughing house with the children brought some resemblance of comfort to her.

Dragon_Pirate
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MercyKilling on Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:03 pm

Eve grinned at one of the other scouts, she felt most at home around them. She reached out touching her hair, twining between her small fingers. She shifted ever restless to be on her feet. She put her arms round the woman's neck, using it to haul herself upright. She turned to look at the man, he wasn't quite so scary from up there, but she clung to the other woman.

"Does he want to play? Loa said she couldn't play anymore today, she has work to do and I'm Boooooard!" She looked at him, questioning everything from the colour of his eyes to the way he stood, just how the were taught to evaluate everything. Her eyes glittered as she lent forward, all but falling out of the Alys arms, she clambered ungainly across to his shoulders, without so much as a by your leave. She grinned having found a new play toy.

"Lets go destroy the filth!" She said without thought, in a high haughty voice. She pointed forwards over the man's head, keeping her balance without his help. She turned her wicked grin to the scout. "Wanna come?" She asked batting her long lashes, just like she had before shed left home.

MercyKilling
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:19 pm

Sikes just looked at little scouter as he saw how cheerfull she was, realizing that they really didn't know anything about the real threat behind the Filth. He kneels down to let her down and replies, "I'm abit busy right now, but even still...I don't think you should be thinking this is all fun and games. Those things...they-" He was cut off as a sudden alarm rang through the city. Sikes recognized that form of alarm that all domes have, it ment a FIlth attack. But judging from the reaction all the people around them, this was the first time it sounded. He turns to the scouter, "Quick, where's the closest air lock chamber!?" He demanded her to tell her quickly.

Outside, a swarm of larva stage worm FIlth, like the one that attacked the Rover Bus, were heading toward the Dome. The most logical explanation is that they are the eggs of the worm SIkes killed and just hatched, looking for food.

Oblivian
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MercyKilling on Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:46 pm

Eve's little mind reached out at the alarm, searching with its modifications for Loa. It crackled like electricity in her minds eyes once she had found her. She sent only one word, help.

Loa's head shot up at the alarm, so few were sounded here, no one seemed to know what to do. The yelling caused a cacophony of noises that shook her, more than the idea of Filth coming so soon after the last attack. At least she could watch the action this time, she thought slipping the mask over her face. She stopped mid stride, almost falling at the unpractised stammering from Eve in her head. She leant down, pushing more strength into her legs as she pelted around the maze of corridors, to where she knew the child to be. First thing after all this was over, she was going to have a word with Eve's tutor, what a poor job, even of someone so young. She launched round the corner, using the wall to propel her. Eve flashed in and out of her sight in the crush of people, she was with the new man and the other scout, her superior. She picked the girl up into her arm's, muscle fluidly moving under her thin pale skin. The had to keep in shape, the scouts did a lot of running from the Filth in expeditions.

"Will I be needed or can I take the little one?" She said turning to the woman, trying not to take notice of how the girl clung to her quite so franticly as people shoved shoulders into her, knocking her around, uncaring of the child. They had often told her she could be so much more than a scout, as strong as she made herself. The passion she found for knowledge was far to great for her to ever give up on, so she had kept at it, getting every upgrade to make her more and more like a human computer, to verify their trust in her word. She quickly glanced at the man, giving him a nod, he had been trying to look after Eve, that was good. She sent wave after wave of calming emotions to soothe the child in her arms, numbing her from her surroundings.

MercyKilling
Member for 14 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!