Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ghostship

Ghostship

a part of “Ghostship”, a fictional universe by Irish Wolf.

The crew of a freighter comes across a mysterious ghostship

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ghostship”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Ghostship

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Hello, chil'run! This is your friendly neighborhood 7 here to tell you that getting to Thaddeus at this point will be impossible. I can't tell you why (that would ruin the suspense and parts of the plot, a fool I may be but never a spoiler), but trust me it will be awesome. After a few more posts of us trying different things that will inevitably fail, Thaddeus will find another comm system and get it working and we'll all catch up. I only know my end of this plot and what makes it all twisty like so why don't you guys come together in the OOC and communally ponder the mysteries of our great venture to add some twists of your own. You may want to wait for the Big Bad (Irish)Wolf. He may have some plans I am not aware of. YAY!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby they-go on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:18 pm

My heart skipped a few beats when mycharacter got accepted.That always makes me preen : D

I'm at work at the moment,so I'll finish reading the thread what chances I get and try and crank out a post sometime today :].I'd do it on my ipodexcept I don't have it on me >>" Left it in the dock at home. Bleh
This tab system- the idea is amazing, but its a little getting used to. When it comes to the actual role play thread anyway
random tumblings from an erratic creator whose head is in the clouds of fantasy and imagination trying to decide which direction is south for the winter.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

they-go
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ezarael on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Probably for the best of it 7. So wolf anything in particular you have in mind of how this is gonna go? These futuristic rp's aren't my specialty but I'll help to try and enlighten whatever gets tossed out there.
Isn't it strange how Decidedly we
will chasE such an iNdefinable concept
That cannot truly descrIbe us no
maTter how hard we trY?
-Insert Credit Here

Ezarael
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby they-go on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:30 pm

[/working on her post as she reads]
I've got the first part done. I'm up to her suiting up. Just trying to finish reading whats there so far before I finish the last part. Wouldn't mind a bit of direction on where we be headed at the moment, so I can post something useful.
My first post might be a mite long, not sure yet. I'm typing it in wordpad and it doesn't have word count >>"

I'm wondering... Brooke would probably be stopped at the docking bay like Khadija was, until the all-clear comes through... maybe? Really not sure on that.
And if she and Khadija have to wait... when will they get further envolved? Once its apparent that there's trouble on the ghost ship will they be able to slip aboard? Or would emergency procedures mean remaining crew need to detract themselves from the ghost ship? Etc etc

Some tips would be great Irish :]

they-go
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:21 am

Alright, heres the plan. I'm keeping the Big Bad in reserve for the moment, so 7, go to town with your plot points.

they-go, if you want your character to hang out with Khadija, for the moment, thats cool. Once we get power/comms restored, the all clear will be given.

Ezarael, we're gonna bounce around for a while, mostly in the crew quarters. We're gonna find signs of a hasty departure and the escape pods. We're also gonna find a few stains, which can't be identified.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby they-go on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:10 am

Thanks Irish :]

I'll resume work on my post shortly. At the moment I'm finding icons I like to customize my laptop to allow for better organization and pleasing aesthetics. I'm getting a new laptop soon I hope so if I can start getting things organized on this one, it'll be easier to move everything to the new one :3

edit

[/giggles] this makes me want to start a disney pirate role play
i'd play esmerelda as the pirate queen haha
i am so totes doing that... but to do it on gaia, or gateway. ehhhh

they-go
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ezarael on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:49 am

10-4 Wolf.

Ezarael
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Michel on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:38 am

Sorry I got you stuck at the airlock, They-go, but I couldn't think of a way that a passenger lik Khadija could conceivably just suit up and board a mysterious derelict.
Her fingertips, outstretched, sketched a farewell,
Her eyes, downcast, asked when I would return.
And I replied, "What traveler went forth
Who knew the fate God had in store for him?"

-Unattributed, quoted in al-Abshihi (d. 1446), Al-mustatraf

Saint Michel
Member for 16 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby they-go on Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:33 pm

No, that's fine St. It will give a chance for interaction for some of the more... Semi minor characters. Especially seeing as we've jumped right into the action. Should mine and yours have established some sort of relationship already or should they be complete strangers?

Also, I can't decicd if I should have Brooke argue to get on board? It's not exactly her nature, and the reason for not being allowed on board until the all clear makes sense, but she might start telling herself that her talents as a physchiatrist and inter-galatic communicator would be essential to the first boarding...

they-go
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:29 pm

Sorry for the poor quality of my last post, it was rushed. I'll make it better tomorrow.

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ezarael on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:49 pm

Bah humbug! No worries about the quality. I think it's great! Of course bourbon can have an astounding effect on likes and dislikes.... so maybe you should disregard this... if not then fuck it!

Ezarael
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby they-go on Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:48 pm

Bourbon can also have an astounding effect on ones writing ability. For instance, I find it much easier to write when I drink thanks to the lack on inhibitation. If I didn't need to lose weight, I'd start drinking more again.

I'll start working on finishing my post now : D

they-go
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ezarael on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:01 pm

Now there's a person with sensibilities! Unfortunately I discovered recently, that same night in fact, that my ability to effectively communicate with others is as compromised with written language as it is with spoken! So from this point forth I shall attempt to further remove my drinking from writing.

Ezarael
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:56 pm

I plead the fifth

7achary
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby they-go on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:43 pm

[/stares]
[/resumes writing]

I have this wonderful idea for a series. However, I'm not sure how correct I should be, seeing as its fictional. See, the thing is - its set in 21st century Australia, but the background of the main character is set around 1890-1940. The series will be first person, and there wont be a detailed recount of her life then and what happened to lead her into the situation she's in now. I just don't want to be blatantly... off I suppose. Because it involves lesbians/incest during that time (what was the response), what was the most prominent religion, or what wide spread religion would have allowed exorcisms. Or maybe I should just have it an out of the way god-fearing country family who don't belong to any particular church (at least none thats mentioned) with a family member who is believed to have an affinity with God or some such, and who performs the exorcism after the family reaches to conclusion that the character is possessed....

[/moves towards finishing ghost ship post]

they-go
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Michel on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:53 pm

<stares at They-Go>

....wha'??

Saint Michel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby they-go on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:25 am

LOL sorry.
I tend to work things out for my stories better when I share them.
I'll have Brookes post in tomorrow morning. Kept getting distracted by work, unfortunately.
Might even have it in this arvo depending.

they-go
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:01 am

I plead the fifth.

We should have something for they-go and SM to do back on the ship. I know pirate attack would be too extreme, but maybe checking some cargo. Mebbe somethin' got mis-handled. Mebbe this, mebbe that. You know what I'm sayin'?

7achary
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Michel on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:23 pm

Haha don't worry about me, you can take your time.

Saint Michel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby they-go on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:36 pm

Alright. Posting now :3 I left it open to give you a chance to make a move Michael :3

Sorry if there's any spelling errors. I wrote in notepad so no spell check, and I don't know if firefox it doesn't seem firefox is picking up on errors.

Lunch tiem

they-go
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!