Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gods (OOC/Sign Up)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Gods (OOC/Sign Up)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sun May 03, 2009 2:08 pm

Are gods real or are they part of people's imagination? In this case, it is both. Each player in this roleplay is a god that is given dominion of a certain part of an island where, recently, a group of people have been stranded, bringing their beliefs with them and thus, creating the gods that will hold dominion over this new land they find themselves in. These people were forced from their old island because of a volcano eruption, causing them to flee to this new and mysterious land. In the beginning, the humans build a village that honors all the gods, making that neutral ground. Each god is given his or her domain of the land. In order to exist and grow in power, the gods must populate their land with worshippers. What kind of settlements is up to the players. For example, a nature goddess might want a monastery that is devoted to nature instead of a town. At first, the gods only have the power to change and form their land and come among mortals as Avatars but as their worshipers grow in number, so does the gods' powers. Soon, gods will be able to perform miracles to smite or reward people as well as create creatures. What of the temperament of the gods, though? Will they be benevolent deities or will they strive to become the only god in existence in order to be known as the Supreme Being?

Rules
1. No god-modding
2. Romance is allowed.
3. Keep this rated T.
4. Keep cursing to a mininum.
5. Write at least 2-3 sentences per post.
6. Gods cannot change the land of neutral territory or other gods' domains.

God Name:
Title:
Terrain Preference:
Opinion of Humans:
God Appearance:
Personality:
Other:

My Character:
God Name: Ulmo
Title: God of the Sea
Alignment: Good but a bit proud.
Terrain Preference: Oceans, rivers, waters. Especially on the coast.
Opinion of Humans: Ulmo likes humans as long as they respect the sea, its creatures, and worship him fittingly. Ulmo enjoys watching them and doesn't usually interfere unless he sees a great injustice done or there's danger to his people. He acknowledges that gods are literally nothing without humans believing them.
God Appearance: Ulmo is lean and muscular and is usually seen dressed in silvery-blue armor and has a curved sword strapped at his hip. He has long black hair and sea-blue eyes.
Avatar Appearance: As Caspian, he is a young sailor dressed in sea-blue fisherman's garb with his divine sword disguised as a more humble, rustier sword.
Personality: Ulmo's mood is as changeable as the sea often going from light-hearted and benevolent to serious and determined to do what needs to be done to protect his people and to humble those that deserve it. He is a firm believer that humans should be left alone for the most part, though he enjoys watching them.
Other: Ulmo is a sea god and has an easier time controlling it than other gods would since he has a natural affinity to it.
Last edited by almostinsane on Mon May 25, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Gods (OOC/Sign Up)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phidius on Sun May 03, 2009 2:34 pm

Ah, I like God RPs, but this one seems a bit familiar. Maybe my bio will sound familiar.

God Name: Noslen
Title: God of War and Nature
Alignment: Good
Terrain Preference: Plains, Mountains, Rivers, Bays, Forests.
Opinion of Humans: Likes them greatly and actively helps as much as possible
God Appearance: Wears robes closely resembling leaves in his peacful nature-god form and maroon robes with an engraved celestial bronze breastplate and greek-esque helmet and black cape, and also a hand-and-a-half sword of celestial steel. Muscular, with longish brown hair.
Avatar Appearance: Black hair that goes down to his mid-neck and over his ears and almost to his eyes, strong but with barely visible muscles, wears whatever fits the age of the humans, starting with a white tunic and wooden sandals, and a roman-esque shortsword strapped to his side.
Personality: Good-natured but quick to anger when other gods interfere with his domain, very friendly with other Good gods but acts grudgingly toward Evil gods. Fun and happy in Nature-god mode but fierce in War-god mode.
Other: As a god of nature Nolsen has an easy time creating new plants and animals and helping with the crop, but as a war-god also encourages his people to build formidable city defenses and advanced weaponry.

I'M SOFA KING WE TOD DID!!! (Say it slow and out loud)

(\ /)
( . .)
(")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Phidius
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sun May 03, 2009 2:35 pm

Accepted. He he... I sort of copy and pasted my old "Realm of the Gods" roleplay. Don't call the roleplay police on me.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roxas_13 on Sun May 03, 2009 2:47 pm

This looks like a very interesting idea. Count me in!

God Name: Farin
Title: God of the Skies
Terrain Preference: The air (Obvious), mountains, any high region
Opinion of Humans: Farin does not mind humans, as they are the source of his power. With no one to believe in him, would he be there? But, he is very easily tempered and would soon as punish people for polluting his sky than reward them.
God Appearance: Farin is very slender, a runners form. His hair is short, silver in colour. His eyes are sky blue. He wears a black tunic over brown slacks, a silver belt holding the tunic down. Across his back is strapped a long, shining spear.
Avatar Appearance: Syrus has the appearance of a young squire, about 14 years of age. His hair shaggy and black, used to obscure his blue eyes. He dresses much like his god form, but his clothes are much more tattered. His spear is replaced by a simple stave.
Personality: Farin is generally a kind god, helping in what ways he can. He likes to help the humans, but doesn't mind letting them solve their problems on their own. They amuse him. But his temper can flare instantly, like the passing of a storm.
Other: Farin tries to maintain a steady, balanced peace between him and his counterpart of the waters, Ulmo.

Roxas_13
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abstract Calamity on Sun May 03, 2009 2:50 pm

Intriguing... I'll probably write up a character later.
"The night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies.
The contract, is it worth the price?
A soul pledged to the darkness.
Now I've lost it, I know I can kill.
The truth is just beyond the Gate!"

Abstract Calamity
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sun May 03, 2009 2:56 pm

Accepted Roxas. I'll be looking forward to seeing it, Hydrostar.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Sun May 03, 2009 3:27 pm

I reserved the title God of Space.

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyim on Sun May 03, 2009 3:40 pm

God Name: Varisis
Title: Goddess of Beasts
Alignment: Tends to shift from good to bad pending on her view of the situation
Terrain Preference: A silent forest Realm where she is keeper of her animals and followers. She has every species existed of animals in this Realm.
Opinion of Humans: Doesn't mind them too much unless they step out of line. She despises them for killing her animals but loves them for helping species in their time of need.
God Appearance: Slender and elegant, her face is elf like with delicate but fierce features. Her lips are cinnamon with a small button nose placed above it and beautiful eyes that change with her emotion. Her skin is a deep tan and she wears long dresses or cloaks. In her hand she can summon up and weapon she wishes (Arrows, spear, sword)
Avatar Appearance: Nyim is pale with long black hair down to the mid of her back that curls naturally.Upon her pixie like face are her eyes which are a deep blue with sliver of green. She usually wears just some slacks with a tee or sweatshirt and some tennis shoes. She is small and slender.
Personality: Varisis is fierce at heart, her soul bursts with the life of the wild yet she is shy and caring. She is willing to give to those she thinks needs her help most and enjoys when those offer her gifts upon asking for her blessing or aid.
Other: She is often seen with an albino eagle perched on her shoulder named Faeris.

Hope this is all right! May edit...

Nyim
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sun May 03, 2009 4:19 pm

Reserving rion, and accepted, Nyim. Awesome character. Your character gives me an idea. Elves. dwarves, etc. are allowed in this.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phidius on Sun May 03, 2009 4:31 pm

So Nolsen's realm can have humans, dwarves, orcs, and elves? (yes, he can get them to cooperate)

Which brings me to another question: How far will technology go? Muskets can early cannon? Modern? Futuristic?
Last edited by Phidius on Sun May 03, 2009 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phidius
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SleepyShadow on Sun May 03, 2009 4:32 pm

Sounds fun! ^_^

God Name: Helia
Title: Goddess of The Underworld, The Immortal Undertaker
Alignment: Neutral
Terrain Preferences: Graveyards, Battlefields, Anywhere where great amounts of suffering is felt.
Opinion of Humans: Helia knows that humans are necessary for her very existence. After all, her primary role as the Undertaker depends on humans dying, and she'd be out of business if they were all gone...
God Appearance: Helia is very thin and small, to the point of appearing quite fragile. She has alabaster skin and floor length, jet black hair. Her cold, steel gray eyes are always narrowed and focused on whatever task she sets before herself. She wears a simple kimono made of black silk, and always carries her ebony-bladed scythe.
Avatar Appearance: Sanara appears little different from her goddess counterpart, save that her raven colored hair is tied back in a long ponytail with a white silk ribbon. She wears a black sleeveless shirt, fingerless black gloves, a pleated black skirt, and heavy black leather boots. Large black wings sprout from her back, and like Helia she bears a black-bladed scythe. She appears in every way to be the angel of death, and she takes no precautions to hide that from the mortal souls she is sent to collect.
Personality: Helia (and likewise her avatar Sanara) takes her job very seriously. She is always stern and cold, and treats everyone with a fair amount of cold indifference. She is not rude, however, and is always very polite and proper, whether she likes the being she is talking to or not.
Other: Unlike most godly realms, Helia's realm is located on the mortal realm, deep underground. Therefore, it can be reached by any who travel down far enough. However, Helia conjures an army of skeletal warriors to 'greet' any who try to wrest the souls of the dead from her grasp.
Drop your shield!

SleepyShadow
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Into Darkness on Sun May 03, 2009 4:35 pm

God Name: Kysri
Title: God of Night
Terrain Preference: A small fortress in the mountains
Opinion of Humans: Doesn't think much of them. Seems them as pawns as loves when they beg for his mercy and help.
God Appearance: With out the red eyes, instead they're green and he has no scar on his eye
Personality: Dark and mysterious, he doesn't make himself known most of the time. He keeps to the shadows of night and has loyalty issues, he doesn't even trust Kadence. He is devious and forgiving which is off for a God of Night. He also is full of emotion in his twisted heart, not knowing where it came form or how to control it.

Into Darkness
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sun May 03, 2009 4:42 pm

Both are accepted. And phidus, I'd say they can go up to primitive muskets and cannons. I suppose you can have all those races but, there should be at least a little trouble with making them cooperate at times.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Sun May 03, 2009 4:50 pm

God Name:Indi

Title:Goddess of Love, Lust and Fertility

Terrain Preference: Where ever there is love or lust. Usually dwelling in hearts or her recent targets or in her temples.

Opinion of Humans:They amuse her and she loves how their mind works.

God Appearance:Indi will always appear as red light. Whenever someone sees the ball of light it shapes to a human form of their greatest physical desire. Male or Female.

Avatar Appearance: Benevo is a woman who's eyes are a deep green with an array of blue and gold sparkles. Her hair is black and shines to whatever light that flashes on it with a natural luster and reaches her mid thigh. Benevos skin is a caramel color that never gets lighter or darker. Her face isn't angelic; but almost devilish in it's lusty looks. Her body resembles an eight.

Personality: Indi is indifferent to any and every request. She passes no judgment for whoever her worshipers lust or love. She enjoys making people fall in love with one another but only angers when a human or god tries to interrupt her work in any way.

Other:Indi's weapon is not a bow and arrow but needles. She shoots them with her mouth and is always carrying them inside her mouth.

Baby
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jermain on Sun May 03, 2009 5:20 pm

I see a possible problem with my character, but I think it can easily be corrected. SleepyShadows character is the goddess of the underworld, mine the one who can guide souls to it. Yet any mortal that tries to reach her domain is attacked by skeletal warriors. So could the souls my character guides be the ones destined to go to the underworld, the ones that wouldn't have to face hordes of undead.

God Name: Mictante
Title: God of the Dead / The God of Guidance
Alignment: Neutral.
Terrain Preference: Civilization, Highly populated areas
Opinion of Humans: Souls in need of guidance
God Appearance: Mictante has never been described the same way. He wears long robes that cover every inch of his body, excluding his right hand which he uses to hold onto a staff. His robes are black, gold, silver, red, blue, yellow and more colors skirting across them as if the colors themselves were alive. His actual face is that of a sad mans. He lacks fat and muscle, appearing to be skin and bones, almost literally. He has no eyes, possibly why he took the position as spirit guide. The staff he holds onto is called Telotel. It lights a path through the darkness of the abyss, giving guidance to the souls of the dead.
Avatar Appearance: Moin is almost a perfect copy of Mictante. Thin and ragged his body is tall but not large. His eyes, missing since birth make him the perfect man to follow Mictante. He wears a long black robe, a hood covering his thin face. His right hand grips a large wooden staff, at the end hangs a metal lantern that burns only in the darkness.
Personality: Mictante is a very mysterious individual. Almost as serious as he is mysterious he does his job dutifully and proudly. Tales of him tell of no cruelty, but neither to they tell of compassion. Mictante is one god that doesn't care whether he is worshiped or not, but will reward those who do worship him with the grace of following his footsteps.
Other: All but warriors who died in battle, creatures struck by lightning and women who died during childbirth are sent to Mictante to take the four year passage to the otherworld. It is him that appears when someone is fated to die soon, whether it be in a reflection, some symbolic meaning or his avatar.
Last edited by Jermain on Sun May 03, 2009 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jermain
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zarian on Sun May 03, 2009 5:22 pm

God Name: Perilious
Title: God of Wisdom and Invention
Terrain Preference: Hills, Plains, and Oasis
Opinion of Humans: Believes they are they greatest creation of the Gods, since they have they greatest intelligent and creative minds of all of the creatures ever created.
God Appearance: Image
Personality: Though he is the God of Wisdom, he's also the God of Invention. And as such, he tends to be more playful than attentive. He likes the creativeness of the human minds, even tending towards envying them sometimes. He loves to play with the "toys" that the humans always seem to create, and even takes pleasure in dropping in to help with new ideas.
Other: Having such close relations with the humans, Perilious has made his home in a small cabin-like structure a mile or so away from his worshipers. When he visits the village and drops in for visits, he takes the form of a child. It helps him connect with the creative side of humans, and even spurs his imagination, allowing for more help from him.

Hydrostar, I swear. Nyim sent me a PM for this. I'm not stalking you.
Over the hills and far away, he swears he will return one day.
Far from the mountains and the seas, back in her arms is where he'll be.

Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day.
As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms is where she'll be.

-Nightwish, Over the Hills and Far Away

Zarian
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abstract Calamity on Sun May 03, 2009 5:44 pm

XD Yes you are, Zarian, don't try to deny it.

God Name: Trynth
Title: God of Time and Gravity
Alignment: Neutral, prefers to watch rather than be involved.
Terrain Preference: Varied terrain, the more variety the better.
Opinion of Humans: He views them as interesting things to watch, and little more. He enjoys presenting challenges to see if they can overcome them, as well as playing sometimes cruel games with them. Some view his games as little more than sick jokes, and more often than not for good reason.
God Appearance: Below
Personality: Coldhearted but not necessarily cruel. Generally pretty carefree. He doesn't care for anyone or anything, as long as he has something interesting to do.
Other: His temples have distorted gravitational fields.

God:
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w308 ... 1241387556

Avatar: It's Chrono from Chrono Trigger! I just couldn't resist.
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee22 ... rono-1.jpg

Abstract Calamity
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyim on Sun May 03, 2009 5:58 pm

Oi! Zarian joined and he's a stalker! wOOT!
When is the IC gunna start?! I want to start! Sounds interesting and hopefully the excitement is portrayed through the posts!

Nyim
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sun May 03, 2009 6:02 pm

All accepted. And I don't mind your character, Jermain, as long as it's okay with SleepyShadows. And the IC start when there's at least one or two evil gods here.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyim on Sun May 03, 2009 6:15 pm

<(0_0)> Into Darkness emailed me and said he'd be evil...As for the other evil person...*me stares at Zarian intently*

Nyim
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!