Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Golden Heart: Quest for Love and Gold

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Golden Heart: Quest for Love and Gold

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karina_DarkGeisha on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:52 pm

The world is full of many treasures. Gold, Jewels, but the most valuble treasure does not lye within any type of cave or in a chest on an island. No. The most valuble of treasures lyes within the very body itself. The heart. Although many people do not realise this. They think that having worldly posessions will bring them joy, but it is not so. The world of men has become far to greedy, and they have lost what life truly means. Love is a thing of the past, and the only thing that people in this world value more than treasure, is power.

The year was 1716, the year where pirates roamed the seven sea's, scowering for treasure, looting towns, and killing people at will. They did anything they could to get what they wanted. One pirate in particular known as Marcus N. Flint captained the ship known as the Red Rose. At first people were not intimadated at all by this pirate. Thinking that he was a mocary of some kind. But when the rumours spread of him going threw towns and killing people, grabbing what they could, they became extremely scared. The Mayor of the town Lord Bennette tried everything he could to stop the pirates from coming to his small town on one of the small islands in the carribean. He had platoons of men serounding the island, he had ships at every port, waiting to fire at will. But no matter what he did, nothing seemed to work. Marcus Flint charged full force after them.

To most this news was frightening, but to Catalina Montez, she thrived for this kind of thing. She was a free spirited girl, daughter of a merchant on the small island. Her family was wealthy, but she did not enjoy her wealth. She'd much rather go out on an adventure, scouting and exploring the world as if it were her's for the taking. When she heard of the pirates aproaching her kingdom, she wanted desperatly to be rid of this torturous place and be part of their crew. Even though she was still young and neive, she knew how to work. And she was a quick learner. Maybe if she found a way to stowaway on their ship, she could be part of their crew.

It was that night when the ship arived. It was well into the night when it happened. THe sound of cannon fire could be heard throughout the town. At the cause of the sound Catalina awoke from her sleep. She quickly got dressed, packing a few things. She knew that the pirates had arived and she escaped her house in the dead of night, prepared to leave. It was absolute hell outside, people lay in the streets dead, most of the men continued to fight. But Catalina was not afraid. She headed down to the docs and there she saw the ship. It had to be. It looked dark and polished like a dark stone or jem of somekind. She ran towards it. There was no one about that was guarding the ship so she climbed up and onto the deck. She looked around the ship until she found a safe place to hide in the dinning quarters. There she hid behind a few barrels, waiting for the ship to depart once more. But she hadn't realised how extremely tired she was. And she fell asleep.

It was only a few hours later that she realised that there were people talking. Her eyes opened in a jolt and listened hard. Men were talking about the treasure they had just colected from the town, and they were all very excited. Her body froze though when a hand reached back towards her, had someone caught her? Did they know she was there? The answer to her question was emediate when a strong hand grabbed onto her hair. She let out a loud yell and she was pulled from behind the crates. There was loud yelling as she apeared. All she could see were blurs at first, but once they focused she became scared. Men moved closer to her, pistols and swords drawn. "Stop it! A loud voice yelled out and she was dropped to the floor. The crowd of men seperated to reveal an older but handsome young man. Captain Marcus Flint. He walked slowly twords her, kneeling down so that he was poised in front of her. "What is your name young lady?" He asked in a gentle voice. "C-Catalina Montez Sir" She said, voice cracking for a moment. Marcus moved his eyes about her for a moment, examaning her and then he smiled. "Welcome aboard miss Montez. If you'll come with me..I'll give you some proper cloths and you can begin your work" He said and started to walk away. Confused she rushed after him. "Wh-why haven't you killed me yet?" SHe asked, voice shaky. "Because. I do not harm the young or females...and you look like you could be a decent help to me and the crew...so you'll be helping out from now on" He said and they walked towards his private cabin so she could get changed and ready to work.

For months Catalina helped with the cooking, the cleaning, the washing of cloths, everything she could. Most of the men took kindly to her, while others did not. Some men seemed to be falling for her, while others detested the thought of her being on a ship with men. And Marcus and her seemed to continue to grow closer and closer every day. He was like a brother to her, so loving and kind. Yet she didn't know why he was so kind in the first place. Shge was happy that she had survived this much, but why was he keeping her this long? What motive could he have for her? And what more could happen while out at sea?

Character Sheet:

Name:

Discription/Pic:

Crew Member Position:

Bio:
"Now matter what may come to be, always remember. The sun will rise and fall every day. Your world will not end, you will continue to grow and learn. You will not fall, you will provail."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Karina_DarkGeisha
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Golden Heart: Quest for Love and Gold

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karina_DarkGeisha on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:58 pm

Name: Catalina Montez

Pic: Image

Bio: Catalina was born into a murtant family. Her father was a very powerful but kind hearted man. He helped those who needed it and took in people from the streets if they needed somewhere to stay, offering them a job in his estate. Catalina's mothered died when she was only five years old and was cared for by various Nanny's and her father of course. But she longed for adventure. She trained in swordsmanship as well as how to ride horses, and even shoot a pistol. After Catalina turned fifteen, she longed to be free from her fathers protective arms. Never being able to see the world for its beauty. Always stuck inside her fathers estate. And that is when she ploted to bored the dread Marcus Flint's ship.

I will need someone to play Marcus Flint, as well as a few crew members, and possibly an apposing pirate to spice things up.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Karina_DarkGeisha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:26 pm

Name: Lali "Louis" Kamau

Discription/Pic: A frighteningly tall, heavily tattooed African with a powerful physique, Lali is intimidating to anyone who saw him. Black hair hanging as it pleases, and muscled black skin makes him look like a column. He usually dresses in comfortable brown leggings with a strong belt and shoulder strap to house his precious guns and a highly decorated rapier he plundered from a Portuguese officer. He has taken to wearing a bright white headband from which he dangles a little tuft of dried rosemary, what he calls his one weakness.

Crew Member Position: Quartermaster, acts as an elected representative of the crew to the captain, and has limited power over the division of plunder and which ships would be most fruitful to attack on the open seas.

Bio: The result of a pirate raid on a slave ship, Lali transformed himself from the abused sliver he had been on the slave ship through constant hard work. The Pirate Lord Carmichael, who took a particular interest in raiding slave ships, liked Lali so much that he took him into his private circle, and when the ship went down, Lali was given an asylum in Singapore. His longing for the pirate life welled up, however, and soon he was being passed around the world, climbing up the Pirate Chain of command for whatever ship he came to. He made a point of, when two pirates clashed, siding with the stronger pirate, and he believes he found the strongest since Carmichael in Marcus Flint.

When he finally found himself in the service of Marcus Flint after a raid which he declares "Was the finest act of piracy I have ever seen" he gladly settled in to what he hoped would be his final ship. The Red Rose became his darling, and he became well liked by the crew, enough to be elected Quartermaster.

He is very good at gaining trust, and a secret that falls on his ears will never leave his lips. He is the ultimate personification of dedication. The crew relies on him for his accuracy and no holds barred attitude. If Lali cares, he'll make his opinion known. If he doesn't he'll remain silent. The crew gave him the name "Louis" as in the french pronunciation, during a fight with a French merchant, in which Lali began speaking in perfect French. He didn't reject the nickname.

Lali's relationship with Catalina has always been distant but friendly. He has an incredible sweet tooth, and often allows Catalina into his safe storage where his strangely refined tastes are shown. After escaping life as a slave, Lali is intent to live like a King, his personal quarters has three chests, holding what he believes are the "Three Virtues of Piracy:" Alcohol, usually spectacular wines and rich bourbon, Pleasures, which he uses to refer to confections and desires of the flesh, and Plunder. The case of plunder is special, he keeps it in an ale barrel, and his stash is impressive. He likes to keep momentos, his rapier is a sign of that, and a supply of what he calls "good reading."

His dependability and mystery has rooted Lali "Louis" Kamau into the fundamentals of the Red Rose, and he wouldn't have it any other way. His respect for Flint is so great that he even accepts Catalina, though Pirate superstition condemns it, he puts his faith in no god, only Flint.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karina_DarkGeisha on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:37 pm

wow, very amazing character. Well done you!

Karina_DarkGeisha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:19 pm

Thanks, he's one of my funniest... A sort of gentle giant who doesn't have to be so gentle...

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iShiila on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:14 pm

Name: Shelby "Shells" Flint

Discription/Pic: Image

Crew Member Position: Head Cook

Bio: Shelby is Marcus's little sister, ironically. Marcus had taken Shelby with him, after she begged him and arranged for Shelby to be the head cook. All of the crew on Marcus's ship see Shelby as one of the men, but girlier and more emotional. When Catalina came, everything changed and she was given less respect. However, she has the authority to boss Catalina around, because SHE does all the cooking and cleaning. Catalina and Shelby's relationship is Shelby being the younger but more intelligent teacher and Catalina being the older student. Shelby doesn't see what all the men see in her, especially what her brother sees in her
Last edited by iShiila on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A scattered dream that's like a far-off memory.
A far-off memory that's like a scattered dream.
I want to line the pieces up----
Yours and mine

iShiila
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iShiila on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:18 pm

Is it ok if Marcus has a little sister?

iShiila
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karina_DarkGeisha on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:59 pm

Thats fine but I don't think its very apropriate to say that Shelby is more inteligent then her since I'm the one controling my character it doesn't seem right. And also the only person who can boss Catalina around is Marcus or the second in command. Just trying to point that stuff out.

Karina_DarkGeisha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iShiila on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:19 pm

Ok, that's totally fine, I meant by intelligence, sort of senority over her. sorry

iShiila
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:21 pm

Two women on a ship! My god, that vessel won't float a day...

I kid... sort of...

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karina_DarkGeisha on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:15 am

lol it is bad luck to have a woman on a s hip, at least thats what was said back in the day.

Karina_DarkGeisha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiina on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:17 pm

Hey everyone! I'm kind of new, so I hope this goes well. Bios are necessary, I know, but more EVIL than anything else!

Character Sheet:

Name: Lorenzo Aurelio del Pereyra

Description/Pic: Image

Lorenzo has dark, short hair (forget there's a ponytail on the guy in the pic. You never saw it.) that is worn slightly shaggy. Because of the amount of time spent at sea, it has adapted more to a windblown look. You know how your mom told you if you kept making that funny face, it'd stick that way? Lorenzo's hair got stuck in the windblown style. His eyes are a bright, light blue, with a hidden smile inside.
Another discrepancy between the picture and the Lorenzo I have in my head - his ears aren't pierced. He also has no tattoos - he sees it as disfiguring a body that is fine the way it is. Speaking of his body - he's fit, with enough muscle to get by, but not enough to flaunt over other guys. Standing at around 5'9", he has a straight posture and a spring in his step as he walks. He's generally an easy-going guy, but if he gets angry, stay out of his way - he carries a sword, and is rather proficient in it's use.

Crew Member Position: Deckhand.

Bio: Lorenzo grew up in Toledo, Spain, the product of a broken home. His mother had left when he was a small child, leaving him with his two older sisters and his father. Little Lorenzo was raised well - his father was a swordsmith, managing to make enough to support his small family. Lorenzo's two sisters, Ana and Maria, worked at small shops in the city, and helped care for their little brother.

At age twelve, Lorenzo was allowed to accompany his father to work, where he was taught both to make swords and use them. He never tired of the thrill of using a blade, and worked to perfect his art. His favourite blade is an espada ropera - a light sword worn by Spanish civilians, fashioned like a rapier.

((Hey, Karina_DarkGeisha, you mentioned an opposing pirate - I could probably swing it if you want. PM me and let me know, 'kay? :D))
--Somebody call 911! Shawty, fire's burnin' on the dance floor--

"There are two cats - an English cat and a French cat. The English cat is named One Two Three, and the French cat is named Un Deux Trois. Now, these two cats are going to have a race across the river. Who wins? One Two Three. Why? Because Un Deux Trois cat sank."

Kiina
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFirstFist on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:35 pm

Is MArcus open?
Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow forth like a river. And the three will spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god

TheFirstFist
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karina_DarkGeisha on Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:27 pm

*Smiles* always happy to have new people join my rp's. And yeah there may or may not be an apposing member on another ship. I'm still debating about that.

and of course Marcus is still open ^^

Karina_DarkGeisha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiina on Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:24 pm

Sweet. So when do we start?

Kiina
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karina_DarkGeisha on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:05 pm

we'll start in a little bit.

Karina_DarkGeisha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iShiila on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:24 pm

Kiina, I luvs the avatar

iShiila
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiina on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:32 pm

XD Why, thanks, iShiila! Awesome name with the double 'i's! I do believe we're twins - in the fraternal sense, that is.

Kiina
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iShiila on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:41 pm

We is :D, very much so my friend

iShiila
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFirstFist on Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:45 am

Name : Marcus Flint aka Silver Devil

Pic: Image

Bio: No one really knows of Flint's past except Flint himself, And he never talks about it, so many view him as a man of mystery. What is known is that he has previously worked with serveral governments and while acting under their rule, he gained several contacts that remain loyal to him even to this day. Whenever his ship docks, whatever the reason, he is usually the first to disappear after telling the crew when to be back and to stay out of trouble, it's said that he knows people from around the world, and will only dock at towns that his contacts have a strong say-so in. Though he isn't from asia his sword his a hidden Katana, which is almost never seen unsheathed. claiming to be able to strike, making his said silver blade to look like liquid. He is also known to be quite a gambler, always seems to be winning at that too. He has been known for his kindness, but once someone tarnishes his name or his good gesture, the silver demon is said to be so violent and vicious, that the few bodies recovered, have never been identified. Taking an unusual liking to the stow away on his ship he has given her several different jobs on the ship, to help his crew out.

Position: "BlackWhip" Captain.

(Can I name the ship the Black Whip?"

TheFirstFist
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!