Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Golden Heart: Quest for Love and Gold

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Golden Heart: Quest for Love and Gold

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karina_DarkGeisha on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:22 am

The world is full of many treasures. Gold, Jewels, but the most valuble treasure does not lye within any type of cave or in a chest on an island. No. The most valuble of treasures lyes within the very body itself. The heart. Although many people do not realise this. They think that having worldly posessions will bring them joy, but it is not so. The world of men has become far to greedy, and they have lost what life truly means. Love is a thing of the past, and the only thing that people in this world value more than treasure, is power.

The year was 1716, the year where pirates roamed the seven sea's, scowering for treasure, looting towns, and killing people at will. They did anything they could to get what they wanted. One pirate in particular known as Marcus N. Flint captained the ship known as the Red Rose. At first people were not intimadated at all by this pirate. Thinking that he was a mocary of some kind. But when the rumours spread of him going threw towns and killing people, grabbing what they could, they became extremely scared. The Mayor of the town Lord Bennette tried everything he could to stop the pirates from coming to his small town on one of the small islands in the carribean. He had platoons of men serounding the island, he had ships at every port, waiting to fire at will. But no matter what he did, nothing seemed to work. Marcus Flint charged full force after them.

To most this news was frightening, but to Catalina Montez, she thrived for this kind of thing. She was a free spirited girl, daughter of a merchant on the small island. Her family was wealthy, but she did not enjoy her wealth. She'd much rather go out on an adventure, scouting and exploring the world as if it were her's for the taking. When she heard of the pirates aproaching her kingdom, she wanted desperatly to be rid of this torturous place and be part of their crew. Even though she was still young and neive, she knew how to work. And she was a quick learner. Maybe if she found a way to stowaway on their ship, she could be part of their crew.

It was that night when the ship arived. It was well into the night when it happened. THe sound of cannon fire could be heard throughout the town. At the cause of the sound Catalina awoke from her sleep. She quickly got dressed, packing a few things. She knew that the pirates had arived and she escaped her house in the dead of night, prepared to leave. It was absolute hell outside, people lay in the streets dead, most of the men continued to fight. But Catalina was not afraid. She headed down to the docs and there she saw the ship. It had to be. It looked dark and polished like a dark stone or jem of somekind. She ran towards it. There was no one about that was guarding the ship so she climbed up and onto the deck. She looked around the ship until she found a safe place to hide in the dinning quarters. There she hid behind a few barrels, waiting for the ship to depart once more. But she hadn't realised how extremely tired she was. And she fell asleep.

It was only a few hours later that she realised that there were people talking. Her eyes opened in a jolt and listened hard. Men were talking about the treasure they had just colected from the town, and they were all very excited. Her body froze though when a hand reached back towards her, had someone caught her? Did they know she was there? The answer to her question was emediate when a strong hand grabbed onto her hair. She let out a loud yell and she was pulled from behind the crates. There was loud yelling as she apeared. All she could see were blurs at first, but once they focused she became scared. Men moved closer to her, pistols and swords drawn. "Stop it! A loud voice yelled out and she was dropped to the floor. The crowd of men seperated to reveal an older but handsome young man. Captain Marcus Flint. He walked slowly twords her, kneeling down so that he was poised in front of her. "What is your name young lady?" He asked in a gentle voice. "C-Catalina Montez Sir" She said, voice cracking for a moment. Marcus moved his eyes about her for a moment, examaning her and then he smiled. "Welcome aboard miss Montez. If you'll come with me..I'll give you some proper cloths and you can begin your work" He said and started to walk away. Confused she rushed after him. "Wh-why haven't you killed me yet?" SHe asked, voice shaky. "Because. I do not harm the young or females...and you look like you could be a decent help to me and the crew...so you'll be helping out from now on" He said and they walked towards his private cabin so she could get changed and ready to work.

For months Catalina helped with the cooking, the cleaning, the washing of cloths, everything she could. Most of the men took kindly to her, while others did not. Some men seemed to be falling for her, while others detested the thought of her being on a ship with men. And Marcus and her seemed to continue to grow closer and closer every day. He was like a brother to her, so loving and kind. Yet she didn't know why he was so kind in the first place. Shge was happy that she had survived this much, but why was he keeping her this long? What motive could he have for her? And what more could happen while out at sea?
"Now matter what may come to be, always remember. The sun will rise and fall every day. Your world will not end, you will continue to grow and learn. You will not fall, you will provail."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Karina_DarkGeisha
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Golden Heart: Quest for Love and Gold

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiina on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:13 pm

Leaning on the prow of the ship, Lorenzo del Pereyra breathed deep, enjoying the fresh air of the sea. So much different than the muggy air of the Spanish inland, where he'd grown up. His nose twitched as fine spray tickled it, the breeze ruffling his hair. He breathed deep again, smiling as he closed his eyes. Ah - so invigorating!

Pushing off the rail, he drew his espada ropera, raising it into a lunge position. The slender blade sliced through the air as he moved it - thrust, parry, riposte - a thin whistle rose from the steel as it flashed through it's forms.

Lorenzo's blue eyes narrowed as he concentrated, dark hair swaying around his face. Up diagonally to the right, reverse slash across at head height, defense and step to the left, thrust to torso, jump back to avoid, quick slash to get the opponent off-balance, grab opponent's shirt with left hand and run him through.

Sheathing his blade with a metallic shick, Lorenzo stretched, smiling to himself. Ah - time to see if the cooks had breakfast ready yet.
--Somebody call 911! Shawty, fire's burnin' on the dance floor--

"There are two cats - an English cat and a French cat. The English cat is named One Two Three, and the French cat is named Un Deux Trois. Now, these two cats are going to have a race across the river. Who wins? One Two Three. Why? Because Un Deux Trois cat sank."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kiina
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karina_DarkGeisha on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:50 pm

Catalina, like some of the crew was an early riser. She was up on the Main deck, leaning against the shrouds. Her arm hanging through one of the loops and her arm was resting against the ships railing. The sun was slowly starting to rise above the horizan. It was beautiful the way the sun looked against the water. Blue, purple, orange, and pink. She loved early mornings, especially the feeling of the cool spray against her face and the smell of the ocean with it. There were a few crew members that were wandering about. She did notice that Lorenzo was particularly perky this morning practicing with his sword. He was very graceful, she gave him that much. He was also very handsome from what she saw, but of course she would never admit it. She was sure that she should get down to the kitchens and help Shelby make the breakfast. She made her way down to the galley. It smelled like freshly baked bread, and of course the ocean. The two smells together were increadible. She didn't see Shelby anywhere yet, so Catalina took it that she was getting ready.

She took out some bread that they had baked last night and set them onto a plate on a table. She also took out a small bowl that was filled with different fruits and such. The crew only got two meals a day, and that was breakfast and dinner. She hoped the crew didn't stuff their faces this morning.

Karina_DarkGeisha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiina on Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:30 am

With one final look at the horizon, Lorenzo turned and headed to the little galley. Tapping down the steps, he paused at the door, knocking politely as he looked around the dim interior.

"Hello?" he called. "Anyone about?" Stepping inside, he caught sight of Catalina, and smiled. "Ah - Buenos dias, senorita," he said, nodding in greeting. "Hard at work already, I see."

Sitting down at the table, he inhaled appreciatively, tossing her friendly wink. "It smells wonderful, as always." Taking an orange from the bowl, he set about peeling the rind from it. Catalina, he mused - interesting name. Spanish, too, if he wasn't mistaken. No better way to find out than ask.

"Senorita Montez, you are from Spain, yes?" he asked, looking up curiously. "Whereabouts, may I ask?"

Kiina
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karina_DarkGeisha on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:01 am

Catalina looked up when she heard footsteps coming down the steps towards the galley. Noticing that it was Lorenzo she gave him a friendly smile and picked an apple from the small bowl. She smiled when he spoke in spanish to her and chuckled softly. "Buenos días Senior she commented back, laughing softly again. When he asked if she was from spain she shook her head. "I came from a small island off the coast of porta rico, but my mother originated from spaine, that is where my name comes from. My Grandmother's name was Catalina so she decided to pass down that name to me. I do not know much spanish, only the basics" She said and lifted the apple to her lips, taking a bite. "My mother came from Murcia, by the coast of spain. She said it was very lovely. I never got the privalage of going there myself, but I do hope to go there one day" She said with a small smile to Lorenzo.

"And where abouts from spain are you from?" She asked. She was sure that he probably told her before but she wasn't quit sure if he had or not.

Karina_DarkGeisha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:00 pm

Lali awoke from a wonderful slumber in his palatially decorated room. He slipped out of the pure Chinese silk hammock, and brushed his eyes for a moment. He took a headband off the table, hanging from it was a little set of chimes made of dried seeds. He pushed it over his long black hair.

He moved to the french cabinets, usually for holding plates, which held his clothes. He pulled on a neat and clean pair of faintly tan leggings, which flowed loosely. He slid into some sandals and took a swill of bourbon from the glass he had set out the night before.

His morning ritual done, he proceeded out the small cabin door, climbing up the stairs, past the supplies of extra powder, shot, and rum, and strolling into the fresh salt air.

He took in a great breath of that refreshing sky, and calmly picked up a long barnacle scraper. He had made a point of "grooming" the ship. It was his pet, his darling, and she deserved a good cleaning every now and again. Through a ritual of scraping what he could in the morning and at night, he reached a maintainable level of cleanliness that made the ship look crisp and new.

His massive arms had been well trained by holding the horribly long pole, which ran nearly the length of the ship. He plunged it down the wood, scraping anything he could see, balancing over the edge, holding that pole, forcing it against the water. It was exercise for five men. And, using a lady's looking glass, he could see a bit farther down the ship. Fewer barnacles today, he'd be done with it right quick.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiina on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:21 pm

Peeling of a section of orange, Lorenzo chewed slowly as Catalina spoke. "Ah, Puerto Rico. A very nice place - for both citizens and our kind alike. I myself am I from Toledo - near the centre of Spain, close to Madrid. We are known, of course, for our skill in using and making blades." He tapped one finger against his own sword as an example.

Taking off another little section, he ate it, trying to think of something to say to keep the conversation going. "You say your mother is from Spain - what does she think of you floating around with the likes of our present company? A young girl like yourself could be back in Puerto Rico, doing chores around the house or working in the cantinas and taverns as a server."

It dawned on him that while he'd been on the same ship as this girl for a while now, they'd never quite had a true conversation. Words in passing, perhaps, but no time to share stories or experiences. He really should make an effort to be more sociable.

Kiina
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karina_DarkGeisha on Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:33 pm

Catalina kept her eyes off of Lorenzo while she spoke. "I don't know what my mother would think of me being on a pirate ship. She died when I was really young. My father is a Merchant of Spain, so he let his little helpers watch over me while I was growing up. So I never really had much of a nurturing home while I was growing up. It was more the nurses and nanny's watched over me more than anyone else. But I wasn't like the normal girls" She said and took another bite of her apple, finally looking at Lorenzo.

"I learned to ride, I learned to fight. I was basically taking care of mysel when I was the age of ten. My father probably wont even realise I'm gone, he probably still doesn't realise it. Of course after my mother died he didn't pay much attention to me" Catalina said with a sad smile.

Karina_DarkGeisha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiina on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:02 pm

He regretted asking the question now - it seemed that she might have given this explanation before, but there was a sense of evasiveness about her. She disliked talking about her home life, he guessed.

Reaching across, Lorenzo patted her on the shoulder, giving an apologetic smiled. "I am sorry - I should not have pressed you for an answer. I did not mean to upset you." Withdrawing his hand, he quickly finished off the last of his orange.

He truly did feel bad for making Catalina relive what were likely not her favourite memories. "Are there any jobs you require assistance with?" he offered. "I would be happy to help you, to make up for my insensitivity."

Kiina
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karina_DarkGeisha on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:26 pm

When he patted her shoulder she reached out and took his hand, giving it a small squeeze before he pulled his hand away. "Don't be sorry" She said with a small smile. "I love what my life has turned out to be. I don't regret anything that has happened in my life either" She said with a bright smile to Lorenzo. When he asked if she needed help with anything she tilted her head to the side. "No...I don't think I'll be needing any help. Shelby will probably be up soon enough to come in here and order me around" She said with a little laugh.

Shelby was Marcus' younger sister who had tagged along with him on the voyage on the sea. She thought Shelby was a nice girl, a little controling maybe, but she was definitely a nice enough girl.

Karina_DarkGeisha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiina on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:00 am

Lorenzo smiled as she squeezed his hand. It was obvious she hadn't been at sea all that long - to still retain that sweetness, she had to have avoided exposure to the nastier side of pirating - and with Marcus Flint's ship, that wasn't easy. Enough seriousness, he told himself - he was yet young, and while he was, life should be lived lightly.

"Order you around, you say?" he asked with mock horror. He knew Shelby's reputation - the girl was not to be taken lightly. Getting to his feet, he drew his espada ropera. "Fear not, my friend! You need not worry about the wrath of Miss Shelby Flint whilst I'm about!"

Fencing the air, he spun quickly, striking a comical, heroic pose. "For the friends of Lorenzo Aurelio del Pereyra -" He flashed a grin. "-have one of Toledo's finest swordsmen at their back."

Kiina
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karina_DarkGeisha on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:09 pm

Catalina jumped at the excitedness that Lorenzo showed when he pulled out his sword and told her he would protect her from Shelby's rath. She couldn't help but chuckle and she had to put her hand over her mouth. "You better be quiet, she has ears like a hawk" Catalina said in a whispered voice. Then she giggled again. She slid off the counter and threw the apple out of the nearest port window and looked back at Lorenzo.

She looked up towards the ceiling and she could hear the crew starting to wonder about on the deck. "IT looks like everyone is up and about now. Which means that you should be getting back to work" She said with a grin back at Lorenzo. "Make sure you send the other crew members down here to get something to eat" she said.

Karina_DarkGeisha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iShiila on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:57 pm

(of course I went to the wrong one XP, sorry)
"CATALINA!" Shelby violently yelled across the ship.
True, she was still sitting in the galley, up early making breakfast for the crew, but she betted herself that the entire crew must've woken up by now. She tried to ignore Catalina's failing to show herself and continued to cook eggs over a fire. After she finished the eggs and set them onto a giant platter, she began to slice pickles into small circular slices. God, thqat girl knows I need help with this, but of COURSE, being the ditz she is, she skips out on her duties! Shelby thought violently, almost cutting herself in the process of slicing. She threw the slices onto the eggs carelessly and went to go take out the few oranges they had. She sliced an orange in half and squeezed the juice into an enormous bowl. She took the other half and squeezed the juice out of that too. Well, they'll have to share...Shelby thought disdainfully. She frowned again, because Catalina STILL wasn't here to help her.
"CATALINA, GET IN THE GALLEY THIS INSTANT, OR YOU CAN SEE A FUTURE SWIMMING WITH SHARKS!!" Shelby violently yelled again, now holding her knife up to the ceiling, swinging it around.
A scattered dream that's like a far-off memory.
A far-off memory that's like a scattered dream.
I want to line the pieces up----
Yours and mine

iShiila
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Shelby was yelling, that always meant breakfast. Lali carried himself with his usual dignity into the galley. He brushed a bit of dust off a forlorn shelf, the ship needed to resupply, and soon. He kept just outside the door from Shelby, out of a desire for personal safety, and from a rack he pulled an old rum goblet. "Running short on oranges? I could always supplement" He said, pulling almost miraculously from his side a bottle of sparkling wine. It wasn't meant to sparkle, that was a fault of otherwise good wine, but he was willing to spare this spoiled bottle if it meant stretching the drink supply.

He remained as calm and quiet as ever as he watched Shelby move with her usual frantic pace. He gave her little more than a sincere smile, letting her snatch whatever she needed from a shelf. He set the wine on a counter, strolling back to the long tables. Shelby was an important player on the ship, if food ran out, mutiny was all too probable, and Lali believed in always having more than enough, and this ship was falling below his stringent standards.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iShiila on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:00 pm

Shelby quickly grabbed the bottle from Lali, not even giving a chnace for her to thank him and continued cooking.
"Lali, could you help me out and go get Catalina? I swear, the next chance I get when Marcus is busy, sh'es going to the sharks!" Shelby frantically and angrily asked Lali.

"She REALLY has to help me, she hardly does her job!"

Shelby ran around the kitchen, trying to place everything and do about five jobs at once, too much for one person to do on their own, which is why Shelby always needed Catalina doing work. Making food for an entire PIRATE crew is hard enough as it is, taking care of Catalina's work though makes it too much of a strain on young Shelby.

iShiila
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karina_DarkGeisha on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:49 pm

(Umm...I just need to say that I was in the galley to begin with serving rolls and suchs)

Karina_DarkGeisha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iShiila on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:28 pm

Karina_DarkGeisha wrote:(Umm...I just need to say that I was in the galley to begin with serving rolls and suchs)

(Oh-ho, I thought you went outside....)

iShiila
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karina_DarkGeisha on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:39 pm

(No I just got up from one of the counters. And was listening to the crew getting ready to start the day. Lorenzo and I were still in the Galley)

Karina_DarkGeisha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iShiila on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:55 pm

(REALLY sorry, i've been really behind b/c i found the thread late)

iShiila
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karina_DarkGeisha on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:59 pm

(its okay. I totally understand. Just change your post when you can and then me and Lorenzo will respond to it as well as Loli's)

Karina_DarkGeisha
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!