Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Good morning!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Good morning!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby otternonsense on Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:01 pm

It's not actually morning where I am, but I didn't want to be the 571st "Hello" post here, and it's morning somewhere, anyway.

I'm Otter, and I'm obviously the new kid in school. That's in right now; ask the experts. Professionally speaking, I'm a student. Optimistically speaking, I'm a writer. Due to the former, I'm currently having trouble fulfilling the latter, and so I come here! I really like writing with other people, which is basically what good roleplaying is. It gives me incentive, inspiration, and a nice thick wall to bounce ideas off of. Mostly, I like sci-fi and superhero type things, but I've always been a big fantasy fan if it doesn't stray too far into the ridiculous. Anyway, I never have any idea what I'm doing, but I try really hard! Yeah! Hi!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

otternonsense
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Good morning!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:33 am

571. That is an accurate figure.

Hello! Welcome to RolePlayGateway. :P I'm Sato, a longtime member around these parts, always excited to see some new users joining our ranks as writers, warriors, and roleplayers!

Otters are fantastic animals. You, therefore, have a great username.

If you're looking for a community of like-minded people who love to tell stories and are creatively driven, then this is the place. You'll be making a lot of friends here, I'm sure.

Your interest in superhero type things interests me. If you don't mind the fact that I can only post like once a day, sometimes, I'd love to start something with you. :o

If you have any questions about anything at all, please, please, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby otternonsense on Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:30 pm

Hey! Thank you. I'll definitely let you know if I'm thinking about starting a superhero RP. Right now, I just want to join one and try and get into the flow of things. Nice to meet you!

otternonsense
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Graceful Grace on Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:42 pm

EVERYONE on RPG is a writer in some sense. If you're not, you do not belong here. Many writers separate themselves by genre, or type of literature you write; but it doesn't really matter. if you write, you write. If you write with the door open, that's okay! It's time to get creative, so let's write! If you are interested in RPing with me, send me a PM. I'll happily oblige ya', being a scifi/fantasy fiction writer! Welcome to RPG!
The TROLL is IN.

Graceful Grace
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby otternonsense on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm

Thanks! That'd be cool. But, um, I can't send PMs. I dunno why. I tried to figure it out and then got distracted... but yeah, for whatever reason, I can get them but I can't send them.

otternonsense
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:44 pm

Ah, yes. You are required a ten post minimum before the private messaging system is activated for your account. We are here to fight off terrorists..you know. We're all patriots, have to do our duty. ;)
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby otternonsense on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:39 pm

Oh, all right. That makes sense.

I mean, drat, my plan to cause terror and chaos among the roleplaying community was foiled. Awww, man!

otternonsense
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!