Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Greetings and salutations

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Greetings and salutations

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iasonthedragon on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:00 pm

I am not exactly new at r/p, I have been creating characters and stories online through instant message services since 1998. Unfortunately as time progresses all the messenger services have found ways to make it near impossible to find other players. I have come across this site by accident and thought I might give it a try.
I do seem to have a black thumb for group r/ps though and so I tend to stick to one on one only. I don't know what it is, but every group i have tried joining has disbanded withing a month of asking me in.
My preferaance is to play Yaoi characters, and none of them like to be in cushy story lines. I love angst, depth, and prefer characters who have the ability to be intelligent but not over the top arrogant. I can't stand the "My **** is bigger than yours" type of r/p either. I don't play to fight battles or prove my character can outdo yours (quite the contrary, mine have false ego's- they tend to lose every time but try to make it sound like they will win) so if your game is to try and outdo me via battle or some other ego trip basis then please, don't bother.
I have alot of ideas of my own, but I think as of late I would enjoy not running the game lol. I am running all my offline games so I need to have fun by having my character off balance and not knowing what the results of his actions might be in the end.
I know this is a rather long "heya, how ya doin!?" but I felt the need to explain a bit of my tastes and possible interactions to come. I try to be very nice and open minded, even to those new at r/p, but I do have a limit to my patience as well. I won't play with someone who doesn't try to be descriptive and go past the one line responses after a few sessions/posts. I understand that when someone starts it might not be easy to come up with long posts, but after a week or two you should be at least trying.
I might join a group, but I am not used to this type of gaming, so be patient with me.
Thanks much-
The Emerald Dragon-
Iason

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Iasonthedragon
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Greetings and salutations

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:04 pm

Hey there, Iasonthedragon! Welcome to RolePlayGateway! I stumbled across this website, myself, looking for a creative community as well, and I'm glad that I did so. i think you're going to like them.

Just something to note about Yaoi - it isn't allowed here as the label Yaoi. This isn't disallowing the nature of homosexual relationships between characters - that is totally fine. The reason Yaoi is disallowed is because generally when the term "Yaoi" is used, it's in reference to content that is mostly sexual in nature. So, again, to clarify, Yaoi isn't allowed because in general it's related to smut RP, which is regulated carefully here, but the nature of the relationships are fine.

Now that the boring rules stuff is out of the way, don't be afraid to dive right in here. If you're not used to this sort of gaming, then don't be afraid to ask any questions. If you're wondering about anything, I'm almost always around.

Cheers!

-VV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iasonthedragon on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:03 pm

If I term it in any fashion it seems to be taken as such. I apologize if I offended with the use of the term, it was not intended. I simply wanted to make sure any contacting me would understand that I do not tend to role play as or with female characters. I do not r/p only mature scenes, stating it as I did was not meant to imply that, but rather I have found difficulty remaining interested in any type of relationship- friend or otherwise- between my characters and female characters.
P.S. Not sexist, trust me- that would be difficult for me. Anyone who gets to know me will discover that lol.

Iasonthedragon
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:48 am

No problem! Just wanted to clarify the site policy. Go ahead and dive into RP, here!

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!