Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Greetings From Outerspace!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Greetings From Outerspace!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlienKhan on Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:54 pm

Greetings!

Besides the obvious fact that I am new here, I would also like to put in my own hello. I hope to stay here for a while, for quite the while, actually, and I hope to be a fair addition to your large and intimidating community.

Who am I?

I've been trying to figure that out since I was five years of age, but to skip the philosophy, I am me.
As Blind Guardian wrote:
Who can tell me who I am?
Who I am my friend?
I'm an Alien so they say,
A risk to everyone!

I do have roleplaying experience, a lot of it actually. I've LARPed since before I can remember. I didn't know the term until recently, but that is what I am led to believe that I've been doing. I've played pretend since I was a tiny child, and it stuck. My imagination has helped me cope with a lot of things, and according to Cracked, imagination does help with pain, so that should not come as a surprise.

Anyway, I consider myself to be a good roleplayer, the other sites I've been on, I've always been respected. I wrote a few guides that were stickied (much pride there). I would tend to be the first person new members would see. It is strange to be new again, like becoming a freshman again after graduating high school.

I left because I was tired, I'd rather not discuss it.

Anyway, if you could possibly point me to a few RPs, instruct me to your mannerisms, and describe any eccentricities your site has, I would be much obliged.

Thank you,

AlienKhan
"The GM of this roleplay hasn't created any rules! You can do whatever you like!"
-the most misleading piece of text known to RolePlayGateway

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AlienKhan
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Greetings From Outerspace!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ellipsis on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:46 pm

'Lo, there, AlienKhan! Greetings yourself... Do you come in peace?

'Hem. 'Scuse me. I'm prone to wretched puns...

Allow me to have the pleasure to welcome you to RPG Gateway! Of course we're happy to have you, and hope that you'll stick around. Fresh writing and writers are the lifeblood of creativity, and it's wonderful that you're willing to contribute...

I just love the fact that you're so interested in learning about the way we work here. I mean, it's difficult to nail it all down, really. There's such a wide variety of people and interests here, that there's no broad mannerism or eccentricity that can generally define us. I suppose the main things that we want would be a proficient understanding of the mechanics of the English language, creativity, and that drive to be involved. We're all extremely interactive around here--be it that another member wants some constructive feedback on their character or story...we're competing at some silly game on the forums...or we're sharing other aspects of our creativity, we're just...interested in it all.

On that note, allow me to introduce myself. My name's Ellipse, and I'm a Global Moderator here on the site. You can easily identify me and my team by noting the insanely noticeable neon green that graces ours names. If you ever have a question or concern, please feel free to approach us! We'll be glad to help. Furthermore, should you ever want some input on a character or story idea, we have a wonderful team of Mentors--that is, the folk with the dark blue names.

I don't have any role-plays in particular that I can point you to, really. I would suggest taking a gander at what's available... However, what kind of themes do you look for in a role-play?

Once again, nice to meet you, AlienKhan. I'm sure that you're going to find a role-play you be involved in soon enough...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ellipsis
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:06 am

....Take me to your leader.... Uhhh.. Wait. That's what the aliens say. XD

Ellipse has, it seems, beaten me. So I'll keep my intro short.(Mainly because I'm running out of Intro prose!) I'm one of the Mentors mentioned by our friendly Moderator here, our Dark Blue names are Stealth style, which is why they aren't as noticeable as the Neon Green ones, but we're here to help you, whether it be finding your way around or helping with writing. ^_^

Also, if you've got enough imagination ... It will help with ANYTHING! ... Never mind me.

I hope to see you around on other parts of the forum!
Alasund De'astio, the Mentor Magi.
Verdant plains and cold dark night. I have nothing more but silence.

Alasund
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlienKhan on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:34 am

I thank you for your replies, and it does feel good to be welcomed.

I will try to be part of this site as much as I can, though hardly any RPs interest me at the moment. I dd however send an application for a very promising Roleplay by Jag. He made a sci-fi RP which I thought I would very much want to be part of.

If the other RPs that I have signed up for don't reply, I think I will simply make my own (submitting and interest check, of course). Hopefully English not being my first language won't hamper my activity here, though I can hardly call this language English, being more American than British. Twony instead of twenty.... Ugh.... I say twonty to be safe.

Anyway, thank you so much for welcoming me, I think I got the hang of this website now and I will try to make myself useful to you.

Thanks

AlienKhan
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!