Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Group Roleplay Anyone?

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Group Roleplay Anyone?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayameko on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:07 pm

Well I just got back from visiting some family and have completely fallen out of all of my roleplays. I don't really want to jump into something with a lot of people, so I was hoping I could find five other, even three, people who would like to do a nice group RP. I don't want anymore than six people, including myself, otherwise it wouldn't make much sense. So anyway, if you're interested let me know, space is limited! I don't have any ideas right now, but I'm sure we could all think up of something. I will just throw out, I don't like one-liners and would like for every to do a good paragraph, more would be greatly appreciated! Anything Realistic, Fantasy, etc..., I'm up for just about anything.

So far:
1. Myself!
2. AyaAmayaMiyu
3. Sweet Angel Jocelyn
4. Vermillion
5. LeeHitsugaya
Last edited by Ayameko on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ayameko
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Group Roleplay Anyone?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AyaAmayaMiyu on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:09 pm

I would ^^ Sounds fun :)
Noble Born in Chaos
~Please join! Two spots currently free. We need Amerigo before we can start.~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AyaAmayaMiyu
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayameko on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:11 pm

Well then I'll go ahead and add you to the list!
Hopefully some more people will jump on and we can get something going soon!

Ayameko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:12 pm

I'd be interested in Realistic... Something! I'm bored out of my mind.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayameko on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:15 pm

I'll add you too then! Just three more!

Ayameko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vermillion on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:17 pm

I'd be interested too. I actually have an idea-- it's a modern fantasy. Let me know if you're interested and I'll give you a summary.

Vermillion
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeeHitsugaya on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:20 pm

I'm in too...Modern is alright but I'll have to set up a new chara sheet. What kind of Modern are we looking at? Generally. War, school, exploration, ect.

LeeHitsugaya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayameko on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:27 pm

Okay that leaves just one spot then!
Vermillion I'd love to hear your idea, and any others you guys might have.
Lee, I haven't really thought about anything yet, I wanted to find out what everyone is interested in first.

Ayameko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyghtfang on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:44 pm

I'm in. But just so you know, if we gofor realistic, it will have to VERY interesting.
ImageImage

Nyghtfang
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vermillion on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:48 pm

Alright, here it is:
A long, long time ago there were six gods and goddesses. They were immortal and had the power to influence humans in the world below them. At first, they all used their powers for good, but then one of the god/goddesses went bad and began to use their powers for evil. The others banished him/her to earth, hoping that without his/her powers, the banished one would be unable to corrupt human beings. Though they had stripped him/her of their powers, they remained immortal and invincible, and still walked the earth spreading evil. Pretty soon, a two other gods/goddesses had turned evil, and were also banished. The remaining three were afraid it was only a matter of time until they became evil as well, and decided that the humans would be better ruled by no one than ruled by dark gods. Not wanting evil spirits even walking the earth, they did a complex bit of magic that took the souls of all six gods/goddesses and put them into inanimate objects. These objects were buried by a servant of the gods in a secluded area where they would never be found.

But they were found. In the modern day, a group of adventurous teens decide to go digging in a forest clearing, where a house had once stood for fun. (I have friends who like to dig things up for fun, so it does make sense. I think). They find these objects, and once they touch them, each teen is possessed by a spirit of one of the gods/goddesses. But the spirits are weak after being inactive for so long, and cannot control the teens quite yet. So instead, they talk to them. The teens are hearing voices in their heads-- telling them different things, depending on which god they were possessed by. Then, I was thinking the gods/godesses start to get stronger, and soon the friends find themselves hating their friends and becoming different people, etc.

We would all have to 'double up' in a sense, because I don't think it would make sense having people roleplay the gods just so they can write one line per post when they're talking to the teens. You know what I mean?

It's still pretty rough, and open to suggestions. What do you think?

Vermillion
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:55 pm

Wow. I like that. It could be fun. I could be one of the good Goddesses. ^.^

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vermillion on Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:08 pm

Well, like I said, we'd probably each play a teen and the spirit that possesses them. The gods wouldn't have bodies, so it would be hard to write more than a couple lines for them.

And I've got to go for tonight, but I'll be back tomorrow and we can figure out the details/make changes/start up an OOC?

Vermillion
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:12 pm

Yeah I know. ^.^ I just don't always know how to word things lol.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxsamXxtwilight on Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:20 pm

i'm interested in doing this!sounds like fun!
I'm always looking for a RP partner, so if you want to do a RP with me, shoot me a pm!

XxsamXxtwilight
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mephisto on Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:28 pm

I'll join if there is still room.

Mephisto
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaytayy Emm on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:04 pm

I'm very interested! Lol.

Kaytayy Emm
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vermillion on Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:57 pm

Umm I hope this thread isn't dead, but does anyone know if Ayameko is still making the thread?

I'll send a PM to find out if Ayameko is going to, and if not, then I'll start it myself. If anyone's still interested.

Vermillion
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayameko on Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:01 pm

Ahhh noooooo I haven't forgotten about this!
I got extremely caught up in work, well actually I just started, im no longer unemployed!
Vermillion I absolutely love your idea!
So if you want, I could get an official IC up!

Ayameko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mephisto on Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:34 pm

To reiterate my unanswered question, is this RP closed or not?

Mephisto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:33 pm

Well, whenever you want to get this up I'm ready. I am unemployed. v.v

I'm not sure if it is or not... Seems there is still one spot in the first post open, but there have been three spots since then...

Ayameko?

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!