Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

GSG and the 12 RPs You Wanna Join!

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

GSG and the 12 RPs You Wanna Join!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreenSweatshirtGal on Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:17 pm

Or not. But I hope you do! 'Cause that would be cool.

(First and foremost, sorry if this stuff is kind of hard to read. Bad things happen to my organization when I make big posts over several days because procrastination.)

I haven't actually done much here, but I'm about to change that! Really! Probably! Potentially! Before I drown you in my millions of ideas, let's get to know that totally cool person known as me...If you don't care about me )': and just want to see some ideas, then skip to the bunch of tildes (~).

who are you again
Why, I'm the mystical GSG! I'm kinda new...I joined in July, but I never did anything (half because of xenophobia, half because of bad weather). I, however, am far from new at RPing. Like a good chunk of RPers, I started on Neopets and was like "omg rping ♥". I later joined this site called digibutter, which is where I really started RPing. ~2 years later stuff went down in addition to a rather RP-unfriendly new site layout, so pretty much all of the RPers left and made a small, cozy little RPing forum. It's been a year, so now that place is totally dead with the exception of a rare few (non-RPing) posts. During those three years I made plenty of crazy plots, one in particular (in)famous for continuously dying (because of people getting lost due to the massive amounts of posts; the hubs alone averaged over 300 15-post pages per cycle) and being reborn a month later (usually getting longer, more popular, and more complex each time). I've been a GM and a player, a boy and a girl, a human and a giant almighty demonic wannabe-pop-star bird, a serious player and a completely random player, a canon character and an original character, a semi-canon character and a fan character, a good guy and a bad guy, you get the deal. I do a lot of stuff.

What can I expect out of you...punk?
I'll probably add more stuff when I remember it. I know I'm forgetting something...if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Code: Select all
Characters EVERYWHERE. I currently have 762 OCs (not counting characters I use in RPs here that aren't of my creation, fan-characters, really old characters (pre-internet) that I don't intend on touching ever again, etc.) and intend on making this number grow (I won't be fully content until I have 1000 unique characters), soooo yeah. When I'm a player I'll usually use at least two characters, when I'm a GM...well, the plot I mentioned earlier had me using, like, 50 characters. Keep in mind that when I'm a GM, my characters are generally there to move things along and make stuff happen, and they certainly aren't all in the same place at once. Due to the setup of this place, expect me to not use nearly that many.

Also on the subject of my characters, expect a lot of variety (it'd be depressing if I didn't have any variety among 762 characters). They, for the most part, have pretty darn unique personalities. Same with names...some of my character names are really, uh, different. I like to make names with meanings that reflect the character, but the meanings are rarely obvious unless you've memorized several languages, weird colors, scientific names for flowers and animals, a dictionary, other random stuff, and baby name websites. I also adore making crazy character designs, which you will unfortunately never see because I can't draw.

If you (yeah, you) haven't noticed (NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE), I use a lot of (cupcakes) parentheses (your mom). Bad habit.

My posts? Not that long. Don't ask me to do something 'literate', because I'll be terrible at it. I'm not going to shove a bunch of one-liners in your face or anything like that, but I don't feel comfortable being forced to go over two paragraphs on a good day unless I actually have a lot to write about (which isn't common in my average post).

My grammar? I'd say it's pretty good. My spelling? Same. If I ever make a silly, do point it out.

My plots? Different, I'd hope. If you ever see something that looks too average or stereotypical, please punch me in the face. Hard. Think twice about punching me with these idea summaries, though; I've had to edit a lot of stuff out to make these few plots, all based on my currently-existing 'series', joinable. I'll join RPs with frequently-seen plots, but I'd prefer to not make one myself.

Another thing on plots: they tend to be driven by the players. I'll obviously have some planned events for the overall setting along the way, but nearly everything else will be determined solely by the players. That includes the conclusions; the RP ends when the players feel that they've accomplished everything. Basically, don't rely on me.

Free cupcakes...if you join my RPs. Just kidding. Get away from my cupcakes. ):<

A mix of tone. I'll never have an RP that's completely silly or completely serious.

I prefer posting in the RP tab thingy solely because that Character tab is seriously cool (although the can't-see-beyond-first-page glitch is a turn-off). I have nothing against normal forum posting, and won't hesitate to join a cool RP that uses said posting method.

I won't do a one on one. Ever. Unless one of my/your RPs ends up turning into one because everyone else leaves lolol.

What do you want from me?
Obviously my expectations vary from RP to RP, but here are the things that will always be expected:

My only post requirement is that you try not to post one-liners. Where I'm from, short posts were pretty darn common...but it seems like short posts are cause for throat-slashing here. So I ask that you post at least 3 sentences per post for the sake of others.

Have an avatar. Not just a black box, either! It doesn't have to be a picture of your character or even anything related to your character...it can be a spotted winged bathtub [/scribblenauts] for all I care! Just have something there, yeah? If you're going to do a boring, solid-colored box...well, at least make it, like, ultramarine or razzmatazz or something...By the by, if you have a picture but it's too big, I'd be happy to crop it into a nice avatar for you. I love making avatars. You don't even need to join one of my RPs: just drop me a PM and I'd be happy to make you an avatar.

On the subject of pictures, I'm cool with anything. You can use cartoons, hand-drawn stuff, anime pictures, 3-D models, collages, realistic pictures, photos, statues, sketches, paintings, giraffes in costumes, whatever you want. You don't even have to have a picture; as long as you have an avatar!
I expect you to be cool with pictures, too. There's nothing I hate more than people who discriminate against a certain kind of picture because they don't like it. I mean, it's just a picture. I'm sure the world of the RP isn't going to be impacted because someone wants to use an anime/realistic reference picture when everyone else likes realistic/anime pictures. It's not like you're going to be forced to stare at it all day, and it's not like you have to imagine their character in the RP as anime/realistic. It's just a reference picture, you know? YOU KNOW? YOU HEAR ME, DAWG? [/rant] Basically, I won't join an RP that requires a certain kind of picture (or won't let you use a picture at all), generally regardless of the RP's theme (so I'd understand if you'd only want anime pictures because your RP is based off of an anime or if you'd only want realistic picture because your RP is based off of a live-action TV series).

Use novel form.

Know how to spell, 'cause spelling is cool. Watch, someone's going to point out that I spelled something wrong in here...

Your cupcakes. Now.

I'm 5463% more likely to join your RP if there's a skeleton involved (even if you make and optional one just for me over PM lolol). I don't care if the thing is 2 or 200 sections long; I loooooove character skeletons. Probably 'cause I'm bad with general profiles...if I have specific 'questions' asked, I'm more efficient. I also adore useless facts like favorite color, birthday, blood type...

I like frequent posting. That's why the posts were so short and the topics were so long where I was from; our responses were mere minutes apart.

I won't join a realistic RP, but I won't join a LOTR- or WOW-esque fantasy either. I like stuff in-between. Take a modern, realistic setting and toss in some weird stuff like magical powers, Gods, unearthly beings (likes monsters and spirits), and/or something else crazy that's of your own creation. Then I'll dig that potato, fo shizzle.

I won't post in your RP until you, the GM, has posted. Even if the other players are doing awesome stuff and are five pages in, I'll refuse to do a thing until you've done something.

Don't be afraid to be creative with your characters in my RPs! Maybe give them a curse, or put them on a secret mission, let them have their own backstories and goals!...as long as you don't try to hijack the plot and/or draw all of the attention to yourself, that is.

time stuff
All times go by CDT.

When are you on?: Depends on the day. If I get a ride home from school, I'll be home at ~2:45 (but I won't be online until ~3:15). If I have to walk home, I won't be home until ~3:20 (and not online until ~4:00). My schedule isn't entirely consistent: one day I'll take a nap when I get home and sleep until 6:00, other days I'll skip eating when I get home and go online right away. I don't have a life, however, so don't worry about that! (: If something does come up, I'd mention it.

Are there certain days or whatever that you'll never be online on?: The only time I can guarantee you that I won't be on would be on days when my area is under a risk for severe weather. Even on days without a threat over my area I'm likely to panic. I'm one of those people who are like "omg SPC says there's a slight risk of severe weather today 2-3 hours away from my area better get in the basement" (-cough- tomorrow -cough-) or "omg SPC says there might possibly potentially but probably not be a 5% chance of severe weather a week from now better get all paranoid". I'll even get paranoid if there's a teensy chance for thunder, much less severe weather. I'm weird like that.

Are you going to get tired of one of your RPs and ditch it?: Only if there's literally no one else posting. I guarantee you I'll be the last person to post if one of my RPs dies.

Are you going to get tired of one of my RPs and ditch it?:
Honestly, maybe in the beginning. Thanks to my posting-shyness, I've been having this awful habit of dropping out of RPs after my intro (if I even get that far). The only reason I wouldn't post an intro is if people have already posted near a page's worth of posts or if I can't think of a way to fit myself into the setting (as such, I'll never be the first to post...besides in my own RPs). I'd never do it just to make you a sad panda. If I drop out after an intro, it's because people are progressing too much and I can't find a way to make myself fit in or because people aren't making for easy interaction. If someone interacts with me or I find an easy window to interact with someone else, then I'll probably survive the beginning phase. Once I survive that...well, see the previous question. I'll never give you up, I'll never let you down, I'll never run around and desert you...

Your ideas are lame (NOT THAT WE'VE SEEN THEM YET GOSH GET ON WITH IT ALREADY), but I still want to RP with you 'cause you're so cool and fun and amazing and drop-dead gorgeous and godly and intelligent and brave and strong and creative and wonderful and I want you to have my babies and---
Oh, you flatter me! If you really want to RP with me so bad, then mention it here or drop me a PM. Just remember that I don't do one on ones, and I probably won't be interested in doing an RP with you on another site. If you want me to join a canon-based RP of yours, check my profile to see what I'm in to. Out of those, the only ones I'd actually have the courage to RP are Shugo Chara!, near anything Nippon Ichi related, Paper Mario, The World Ends With You and maaaaaybe Yume Nikki, Peace@Pieces, or Scribblenauts if anyone could think of a good plot. In most cases, I wouldn't want to play a pre-existing character. I like alternate reality or "after this stuff happened" things, you dig?

Do you enjoy jazz?
awwwwww yeah

Okay, now that all of that junk is done with, let's get on with the actual ideas! Finally!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(titles may or may not change; intros will obviously be expanded upon if I make any of these)

Key Terms:
Reality: My version of a dimension/universe, really. They vary in size and may or may not have contact with other Realities.
Them: A bunch of pretty cool almighty beings that exist beyond Entirety. They don't have much power beyond Reality-hopping and observation (minus Their place of evidence and this place called the Test Reality, where they have absolute power), but They don't care. There, the place of Their residence, is basically Their afterlife, so They prefer going on crazy misadventures amongst Themselves over messing with inferior beings. They're considered to be the highest beings under the Creator, but They're pretty sure there's gotta be people above them.
Marionettiste: An otherwise normal being who, at the age of 15, is brought to an alternate dimension, given the ability to claim one's soul and have full control over it, and sent back home with no one else the wiser. The purpose is to prove that two souls can co-exist (the harmony of the two souls being dubbed 'Completion'; Completion is the highest honor a Marionettiste can earn) without the Marionettiste being considered dominant and the Marionette living in fear. In general Marionettistes end up being pretty darn nice people, especially to their Marionettes, but there are always the exceptions. Aside from the soul-owning, Marionettistes have a bunch of other abilities they gain as they become more experienced: manipulation of chains and strings, manipulation of their Class' (based on the four suits) element (Spade = Air, Heart = Water, Club = Fire, Diamond = Earth), the ability to turn their Class Pin into a ballin' weapon, the ability to have multiple Marionettes, etc. It'll be explained more in-depth with any plots allowing you to be one.
Marionette: The person who gets their soul claimed by a Marionettiste, with or without their consent. A Marionettiste is free to do anything, anytime and anywhere, with the Marionette's body, and there's nothing the Marionette can do about it. Ever. No, seriously: the souls of a Marionettiste and a Marionette are bound throughout eternity, even through death, reincarnation, and nonexistence. Luckily, most Marionettistes are actually specifically chosen for their benevolence, so it's very rare to find a completely miserable Marionette. There are actually some Marionettes who aren't even aware that their soul belongs to someone else (some Marionettistes only claim Marionettes because their soul will eventually eat itself if they don't)! Eventually Marionettes gain the same powers as their Marionettistes, minus the soul-controlling stuff.
Mirror: The parallel version of someone. Mirror Realities are Realities closely linked to another, Mirrors are their inhabitants. People may or may not have similarities with their Mirror or even know they exist. If there's a plot featuring these, I'll go more in-depth.

Title: What it's named. Duh.
Number of Players: How many people I'd allow in or how many I'd need.
Who Can I Be?: Available roles.
How Many Characters?: Number of characters you can use.
Further Restrictions: What kinds of species are allowed, if weapons or powers are allowed, etc.

~~~~~

Table of Contents~! or something
-Lila (Oress Plot) Created!
-Over There
-Purple Mirror
-Reflecting
-Waterfalls
-At the Bell
-Frisson
-Unnamed
-Unnamed
-Perfect Sense
-Missing Something

~~~~~

Lila (Oress Plot)
Created!
roleplay/lila/

~~~~~

Over There
Number of Players: Unlimited
Who Can I Be?: One of Them, duh.
How Many Characters?: 1-2
Further Restrictions: None~!

You know what sucks? You died. Maybe you died in an accident or by murder, maybe you died of natural causes, maybe you killed yourself. Either way, you died, you woke up in a different world, you waited patiently to have your death reviewed so you could move on, your Reaper announced that you had been selected to be Promoted to almighty ranks, you agreed, you fell down a flight of stairs, now you're suddenly a God and now live in this pretty cool place creatively named 'There'. You'd think that a bunch of Gods would be pretty professional or ominous or dutiful or something, but apparently not. Over Here, things rarely make sense and no one does anything but enjoy it. Psychotic angels, giant demonic birds who dream of being pop stars, friendly tentacle monsters, adorable chinchillas, free cupcakes, ma---happy scientists, species that make your mind implode when you look at them, boring people, old people, talking tombstones with monocles, cuddly towels, angry walls, talking bacon...you name it, They've got it over Here.

So basically it's a slice of life but you're God and everything is on acid. (:

~~~~~

Purple Mirror
Number of Players: No limit since I'd like quite a few people.
Who Can I Be?: A fresh, new employee, yaaaaay! More options will become available later on.
How Many Characters?: 1-2, maybe more later on.
Further Restrictions: Although Sirvat has contact with other planets and is totally bros with them all, the residents of these other planets are at least human on the outside. Feel free to add weird stuff like funny powers or other internal oddities if you want to be an alien (especially because you'll have to make up the planet yourself).

First and foremost, enjoy your premature death (see #26)! Bwahaha!

Okay, so, Sirvat? Pretty cool planet. Ever since the current generation of Sirvats (the planet is named after the current royal family) took power, things have been prosperous peaceful. This is pretty evident by their massive palace thing, given the cozy name of Sirvat Manor, which takes up half of the planet (which is only about the size of a large city). Since it's so huge and needs lots of workers, the pay is awesome and therefore parents generally ship their kids off to work there ASAP. Working at the Sirvat Manor at least once in your life is practically hard-wired into the minds of the planet's inhabitants, so it's not a big deal. It's not like the kids are worked to death or anything. Anyways, the manor is pretty sweet. It's sort of like a giant mall, an amusement park, and an awesome hotel had a threesome or something. Naturally, something has to go wrong.

Around 5 years ago, the Sirvat family was visited by the Misae family. Okay, cool, whatever. But, see, the Misae family is from the Mirror Reality of Sirvat, so it's kind of a big deal. Basically, friendships were made, and the Misae family became popular with the residents of the Manor (minus the princess and her posse). They're apparently decent people, so that can't be the thing-that-goes-wrong that I mentioned. That's where Broken Mirror Syndrome comes in. It's not technically a syndrome, but it sounds way cooler like this. BMS is an increasingly common...thing that results in immediate death. It only seems to happen when a person goes into their room alone...after that, they're gone. When they're found (which only happens the next time someone goes into their room), any mirrors in their room are broken (there haven't been any BMS cases in areas without mirrors) and the victim's body is totally hollow. Like, there's nothing in it at all. No bones, no blood, so sign that there was anything ever there. Not to mention that they don't look like they're hollow until they're chopped open for an autopsy. Yet there's no sign of a struggle, no fingerprints, no hints anywhere.

Given the association with mirrors, the royal families suspect these mysterious murders are linked to some sort of hatred against the Misae family. That seems pretty plausible since BMS didn't appear until after the Misae family arrived from their little parallel dimension. Maybe you shouldn't worry about it, though. Although I said 'increasingly common', there's still only been 3 cases in the past two months. Given the amount of people who work here, it's not like you've got a high chance of being next. Still, it seems like there are some people (the princess and her mentioned posse, as well as a mysterious group called the Quartz Club) who know more about this than they let on. So, what are you going to do? Ignore this whole thing and go along with your awesome-paying job, or search for the truth?

I used this plot in that dead forum, too, and I said I'd remake it when I came here. I actually have most of the rules and stuff down and I've finished my character list, so expect this to eventually pop up whether anyone sees interest in it or not. Yaaaaay!

~~~~~

Reflecting
Number of Players: No limit, would like at least one person per district.
Who Can I Be?: An Alien (either in hiding or with Lilavati), a Director, a normal citizen, whatever.
How Many Characters?: 1-3
Further Restrictions: None. Keep in mind that any Aliens on Spezia would have to appear human or have a really good excuse/disguise to avoid getting caught.

Spezia's a quaint little planet with a shadowy past. A dozen-thousand years or so ago, it was a bustling planet that was overwhelmingly interactive with the nearby planets. So many 'Aliens' made Spezia their home that you couldn't even tell what the native species was. One day, a seemingly innocent Alien arrived on the planet, secretly intent on obliterating the peace. Their success was mind-blowing: they singlehandedly slaughtered half of the planet (literally; they only attacked the southern half of the planet) before spontaneously vanishing. The citizens of Spezia, horrified by this sudden blow, quickly closed themselves off from the other planets and kicked off all of the Aliens (whether by will or by death). Naturally, the Aliens were kinda peeved, but they backed off because they figured all would be well once Spezia recovered from its trauma.

Yeaaaaah, that didn't happen. As Spezia repopulated itself, things only got worse. Parents told their children about how half of the world was destroyed by Aliens, and those children told later generations, so on and so forth. Eventually Aliens were seen as evil, vicious monsters, regardless of how similar they looked to the Spezians. Any Alien that came anywhere near the planet was killed, and any Alien that had the misfortune to get caught on the planet...presumably they suffer a fate worse than death. So yeah, now the Aliens are totally pissed. Just because one of them was a total jerk, they're all total jerks? That's soooo not the way it goes. Some Aliens, by finding some way to land on the deserted south half of the planet and sneak over to the north side, have taken residence in Spezia...whether it's because they genuinely like the place or because they're planning to get revenge. Either way, both the Spezians and Aliens may be thrown into turmoil soon; there have been spottings of someone with unholy resemblance to the murderous alien from long ago, and murders have been on the rise...

Spezia is divided into four districts, each taking up a fourth of the planet's north half (we don't talk about the south half) and being led by a 'Director' (comparable to a mayor or governor). The planet is flat and only about the size of a county, so it's crazy how vastly different the climates are in each District.
First is the Fennel District; temperatures are mild, plants thrive, weird animals are everywhere, and it rains almost constantly. The Fennel District is best known for its unique biology and advancements in medicine. It's home to the planet's largest and most impressive hospital. Popular among less human-looking Aliens.
Second is the Korarima District. It's the prefect vacation spot; it's always sunny and warm (some would say hot), there's plenty of beaches, and canals supported by the Fennel District's rains give it a look like no other. Well-known for its many tourist attractions.
Third is the Perilla District, better known as the cultural center of Spezia. Museums and other boring things are everywhere, making this District well known by all field-trippers. It's also the technological center of the planet, being home to many inventors. The climate is cool, breezy, and dry --- it's in a perpetual state of Autumn.
Fourth is the Olida District. It's the least populated due to its cold and snowy climate, but it's still a nice place. There are plenty of hotels, restaurants, and cafes to go around, as well as cozy libraries and the planet's most popular theater. The general lack of people make this a decently safe place for human-like Aliens.

Aliens who don't live on Spezia but still have interest in it generally chill with this Alien chick named Lilavati on her ballin' spaceship that looks like a big ol' star to Spezians. Lilavati is actually the generally-accepted ruler of this Star System as she's been around longer than most of these planets have. Spezia aggravates her to no end, and she's very tempted to just blow it all to bits...fabulously. The only problem is that she has a 'friend' on the planet who she'd rather not blow up, so she frequently sends out Aliens to look for this friend and/or cause trouble on Spezia.

so yeah

~~~~~

Waterfalls
Number of Players: At least two members of each group, no limit.
Who Can I Be?: A member of the Conflagration, a Devourer, a Caretaker, or a normal citizen.
Further Restrictions: You can only be one of the species listed. If you're going to have some crazy powers, then have an explanation.

Oneiric Falls is a pleasant little place full of neon signs, random bodies of water, educated and hard-working people, and zipper-people who devour your soul.

Okay, I should probably elaborate.

One by one, each of the planets near Oneira (Oneiric Falls being our setting as well as the capital of the small {not as small as Spezia and Sirvat} planet) fall out of contact with it and nothing more is heard by the residents. Then another planet stops communicating, and then another one...there's only a few planets left by now. This is a serious problem; none of the planets have bothered coming up with space-transportation technology, so they have no way of knowing what's goin' down on the other planets. Luckily, this group of pretty human-looking aliens randomly lands on the panicked Oneira and are all like "HEY HEY HEY GUYS WE'RE TOTALLY GOING TO BRING PEACE (shut up we don't care that you're already peaceful) AND HELP YOU MAKE STUFF TO TRAVEL TO OTHER PLANETS AND JUST BE OVERALL AWESOME ALSO WE OWN YOUR PLANET NOW BUT THAT'S OKAY 'CAUSE WE COOL RIGHT?". Surprisingly, the Oneirans don't really care and are like "sure whatever". Fast forward about 20 years, and we find out what's really going down here.

Turns out that these 'Caretakers' were the problem on the other planets. They've somehow found a way to create these things called 'Devourers of the Falling', Devourers for short, and for some unexplained reason like to turn people into them. A Devourer looks totally normal to everyone but special people (more on that later) and other Devourers; to those two groups, the only oddity is a zipper located somewhere on their body (usually on their upper back, forehead, or neck) and a total lack of bodily functions. Golly, that doesn't sound like a problem. You know, except for when they unzip the zippers and these freaky black hands shoot out from inside of their empty bodies, drag you inside, close up again and trap you inside until someone called the 'Collector' freezes time for everyone but those special people I mentioned earlier, turns all of the Devourers into dolls, collects them, brings them back to the Caretaker's HQ, stuffs them all in a machine that empties the Devourer, rips out your soul and stores it somewhere, turns you (because you can somehow exist without your soul) into a Devourer yourself, and sends you right back to the spot you were in when time froze. Slowly (since the Caretakers would like a higher population because more people = more souls) but surely, the Devourers will overtake the population and the Caretakers will move on to another planet. Why? That's up to whoever plays the Caretakers. ♥

Anyways, special people. There are a few people who, for whatever reason, have abnormal souls that somehow allow them to see Devourers for what they really are and stay conscious during the Collector's time freeze. It's not as great as it sounds, since these people tend to be prime targets for Devourers and it'd be a big problem if the Collector say them moving around during the time freeze. Fortunately, there's the Conflagration.

The Conflagration is a group of these 'special people' who fight off the Devourers and are hoping to kick out the Caretakers. Given that this is a group of normal people with limited resources going against a bunch of freaky monsters and people who rule the world, their progress isn't going well. Still, the few people that know of their existence and/or have been saved by them are pretty grateful. Devourers are impossible to kill --- they can only be destroyed. As such, the Conflagration focuses on using fire to burn the Devourers (since their skin has become cleverly-disguised cloth). Flamethrowers, lighters, pyromancers, li'l bombs, flammable objects...they're all friends to the Conflagration.

So, there you have it. Nice little planets and their fancy capitals, random aliens, evil zipper monsters, BURNING EVERYTHING. Fun stuff, am I right?

~~~~~

Number of Players: At least 8 (4 Marionettistes and 4 Marionettes), otherwise no limit.
Who Can I Be?: A Marionettiste, a Marionette, a demon, an angel, a psychic, an experimenter, an outsider, a harpy, or a member of the Majorelle Residence. Phew!
Further Restrictions: It depends on your role. For the most part, you can do whatever you please as long as you're one of the species listed above. Also, since people can become Marionettistes when they reach 15 and a year has passed since then, all of the Marionettistes should be 16. Everyone else can be whatever age you please.

This RP revolves around a Group of Marionettistes. Unlike usual, all four members of the group live on the same planet. Not just that, they live in the same city! Their technology is up to modern times, but they can't get over the looks of cobblestone streets and street lamps. A single wealthy family (the Majorelles) rules over the city, but the place is so quiet that there's not much to rule over. It looks like that on the outside, anyways.

-One Marionettiste is in the middle of a feud between Heaven and Hell; this particular Marionettiste likes to find dying people and shove their souls into jars, therefore preventing them from joining the ranks of either afterlife. So God sent down an angel and Satan sends up a demon to convince this neutral person to fork over their souls.
-Another is a psychic, although that's just what the 'experimenters' (people who, you know, run experiments on the psychics) call them. They're actually gods with their powers limited by the various objects and drugs given to them by the experimenters. A weird group known as the Outsiders (who worship the psychics as gods, 'cause they are) recently broke the psychics out (although their powers are still limited), so the experimenters are naturally after them.
-The third is part of a mysterious group of young'ns (anywhere from ages 7-17) who randomly arrived in town and were spontaneously adopted by the Majorelles. No one knows a thing about them besides the fact that they're totally condescending to everyone but the Majorelle family.
-Finally, the last Marionettiste is the only child of the Majorelles and the future Head of the family. The Majorelle family usually doesn't have much to do, but lately they've had to deal with a harpy problem. Yeah, I'm talking about those bird people. For some reason a bunch of them have been showing up around town, bothering people and sometimes even kidnapping them for no apparent reason (except maybe for the lulz). As future Head, this last Marionettiste is supposed to deal with it. Yay.

A year has passed since these Marionettistes became Marionettistes, so they've probably claimed a Marionette by now.

Why does this neutral Marionettiste like soul jars so much? Why do God and Satan really care about these particular souls when there are plenty of other dying people on the planet? What powers do the psychics even have? How did the experimenters and outsiders find them in the first place? What's the story behind them mysterious kids? Why were the Majorelles so quick to adopt them? What's up with these random harpies? How is the whole Marionettiste-Marionette connection going to fit in to this?

That, my friends, is totally up to you. Experimenters are the ones who decide their pasts, the harpies decide their own motives, etc. The first point of this RP is for the members to create the real story. The second is for the members to find a way to make all of these four totally different plots mesh together (and make sense), intertwine plot threads, and make the four Marionettistes reach a conclusion that can satisfy everyone.

Basically, this'll turn out really, really cool...or it'll end up as a horrible mess. If there's any middle ground, then it'll be messy but still fun. Either way, it's meant to be challenging, so yeah! Time to test your meshing skills!

~~~~~

At the Bell
Number of Players: No limit, but I need at least two Officers and 4 Schoolgirls (I'd prefer that the number of Schoolgirls outweighs the Officers, but not necessarily by a lot)
Who Can I Be?: An Officer or Schoolgirl.
How Many Characters?: 1-2; if you use two, they must be from a different group.
Further Restrictions: You can only be one of the two groups. Officers have no special powers, but they can use a variety of weapons and other items. The Schoolgirls can have magical powers or any kind of weapon, but they can can only have one (and not one of each!).

Being a Police Officer for the galaxy is probably the least stable job you could ask for. Most of the time you just get randomly assigned to patrol a planet, then suddenly get pulled out and stuck somewhere else. Other times you're actually doing your job in space, which isn't as exciting as it sounds.

You're part of a group of officers that get sent to a pathetic little planet that's basically a high school floating around in the void of space. A few years ago there was a distress call, but every team sent there never came back. Any team that did...well, they were horribly scarred, both mentally and physically. Injuries to the mind and body were so horrible that anyone who didn't die from them in a month was sent to the cuckoo house. Apparently whatever is in there doesn't want visitors, but maybe that's why the only way in and out is by teleporter. Still, the po-po wanna know-know what's going on...on-oh?...so you and the others get sent inside.

The whole place is empty, except for a classroom full of adorable Japanese schoolgirls. Yeah, you heard me right. We've got a bunch of little schoolgirls sitting in a classroom in an ominous high school floating in space. They aren't exactly normal; they just sit at their desks and stare at the board blankly. Regardless of what the Officers do, they can't get a response.

Then the bell rings.

After the bell goes off, the school flips upside-down and gravity starts making as much sense as daytime television. If that wasn't enough, all of those innocent (if not strange) little girls suddenly stand up and...start attacking each other with various weapons and magical abilities that one would not expect to see in a normal high school. Unfortunately for our lovely Officers, they catch the attention of the schoolgirls pretty quickly.

As if things weren't already weird enough, it turns out that the school is hiding more than just psycho schoolgirls. Somewhere in the abandoned halls lie the answers: where did this place come from? Who are these schoolgirls? Why are they crazy? What was up with that distress call, and who made it? Where did everyone else in the school go? Why do the girls come back to life by the next bell, but the people they kill don't? Why is my mind such a strange place?

Well, we probably won't get that last one answered. (:

~~~~~

hi i'm lazy
Okay, I got really lazy at this point, so now I'm just going to bullet point (HYPHENS ARE BULLET POINTS TOO OKAY) my other ideas.

-(Frisson) Basically, it's this big superhero/villain/magical girl/monster/neutral person who happens to have powers, weapons, and/or special abilities/whatever thing that makes the genres seem way more depressing. Villains are shown to be actual people (or, uh, monsters) just like heroes, with their own families, careers, worries and dreams. Heroes might have actual issues with their powers (like not having a lot of control over them and hurting others through that, or not finding a way to actually make their powers useful in a fight), secret identities rarely actually work (a mask and a change in outfit just makes you look like...well, you in a costume), transformations might be painful (especially if they involve transforming, wings sprouting out of your back, horns coming out of your head...), they might feel guilty about what they're doing, or maybe they want to quit...but they can't because villains won't stop attacking them. Other more typical heroes and villains might rise to the top, only to be forgotten only a few years later, or maybe they're currently at the top and are desperately fighting to stay there. Things damaged in fights don't get magically fixed, dead people stay dead. Fun stuff.

-(...) Welcome to Unnamed City, the unnamed city (duh) that has it worse than Tokyo. All kinds of monsters thrive here, big and small, usually sent out by demons for the lulz. The angels, best frenemies to the demons, are all 'lolol u so funny' and support the citizens by granting some of them awesome powers or crazy weapons. Sometimes angels and demons will make 'business deals' with the citizens, trading souls for services. Monster-fighting is probably the biggest business in the UC, with jobs ranging from 'pest control' to 'stuff that would make the military cry'. Old or young, rich or poor, all citizens are welcome to put their lives (and if you're dealing with angels and demons, your soul) in danger for sweet, sweet cash! (:

-(...) People ditched Earth for space a looooong time ago (obviously this takes place in the far future), but not everyone wanted to leave. Teleporters were left all over the place so anyone who changed their minds could be instantly teleported to one o' them pimpin' spaceships. Over thirty years plenty of people did leave, mainly disappointed by the fact that hardly anyone was around to do all of those jobs involving electricity, sanitation, re-stocking, etc...not to mention that they had no way of being warned about (or being saved from the wreckage of) hurricanes, tornadoes, and other natural disasters, all of which had increased over the years (which was one of the reasons people left for SPACE in the first place). By now there's only a dozen left at best, all of them gathered in a lush, beautiful, but deafeningly quiet little village of their own creation...and all of them are 'different' for more reasons than just not wanting to leave earth.

-(Perfect Sense) The world changes daily, becoming something completely different each time the sun rises. One day things are 'normal', the next day everyone is a sentient plate of spaghetti, the next day everything is underwater, then the next day lacks gravity...however, there are a few people who are immune to these changes. It's really not that great, since they remember every single day (even the nightmarish ones) since the changes began (which was thousands of years ago), don't have the benefits some of the changes give (like getting gills on a day where everything is submerged), and they can't get anyone aside from themselves to remember the previous days. Basically, it's the story about what these people do; do they sit back and enjoy the ride, or try to find a way to free themselves from the loop? Is freeing themselves even possible?

-(Missing Something) In a nutshell: there are people without souls everywhere who would very much like to eat your soul. You're part of a very small group of people who actually have souls, guarded by some soulless people who somehow have enough consciousness to want to protect you. Stuff dies.

I'm too lazy to convert the rest of my series into RPable plots right now, but I might update this list later or convert the bullet-pointed things into more impressive descriptions.

Anyways, so that's my stuff. If you've got interest in any of them, do post! If you have a question on any of these plots (or me, because I'm questionable like that), no matter how small, feel free to ask! I adore answering questions. Like, seriously. Give me a big questionnaire of totally random questions and I'd happily answer every last one. aaaaa questions ♥
Last edited by GreenSweatshirtGal on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

My Ballin' RPs:
A Field :: A Field + You + Testing
Lila :: TWEWY + Inception + Higurashi + LOST + Almighty Beings + MAGIC BALLS + Crossovers + LSD
Maple Manor :: Maid Outfits + RPG Rules + Plumbing

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

GreenSweatshirtGal
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: GSG and the 12 RPs You Wanna Join!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nezzera on Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:31 am

OMFG! Yer a genius :O!

Lila sounds EPIC...
I luuuuurve the Purple Mirror one..
5354 is extremely interesting.
At the Bell sounds friggin amazing xD
I'd wanna join Frisson. Same with the UC one. And that ditched earth thing.
Perfect Sense sounds interesting......

Grawr! All of them sound pretty fun, and definitely original. ;o!
If any of these get started anytime soon, I'll be sure to join. >:]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nezzera
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreenSweatshirtGal on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:17 pm

oh dude i totally forgot about this because nanowrimo D:!

Well, I needed to bump this, anyways! Now that I've got some free time, I...uh, well, I have free time! And free time means delicious RPing!

Anyways, thanks for showing interest in my jolly good plots. I'm glad you like them! (:

I wish I had some more ideas to make this bump feel more worthwhile...the only other idea of mine I can think of that would convert well to an RP is this crazy thing about a bunch of people who deliver stuff (be it packages, love, or chaos) across time and space. Mmmyes. The rest I still need to do work on.

In the meantime, to show my appreciation for all that view my lovely topic, feast your eyes upon this gorgeous picture I drew of my (friendly neighborhood tentacled blob-monster) OC, Stan, being a derpface:

aren't you glad you viewed this post now

yes you are

you so are

so worth it

GreenSweatshirtGal
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetta on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:43 pm

You crazy, crazy little paradox-employing thief and your innumerable (or not, apparently) OCs.

Psychotic angels, giant demonic birds who dream of being pop stars, friendly tentacle monsters, adorable chinchillas, free cupcakes, ma---happy scientists, species that make your mind implode when you look at them, boring people, old people, talking tombstones with monocles, cuddly towels, angry walls

This brings back old memories. Srsly.

I'm totally interested in everything. No exceptions.
fisssh

Zetta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreenSweatshirtGal on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:57 pm

Hee hee~ the list keeps growing, too! I have too many ideas. ಠuಠ

Yeah, writing this gave me a massive nostalgia attack (good thing I decided not to write down anything Maple Manor-like; I would've died for sure then), too. I can't wait to start RPing with my good ol' characters again. fffff excitement ♥

Also, ballin'. I'd totally join them all, too! Wait... Anyways, I actually hope to use all of these ideas at some point, it's really just a question of which one to do first. And second. And third. And eighty-ninth. I'd probably start with either Lila (since I've already lost contact with enough Bitlands people as-is) or one of the 'simpler' ideas.

GreenSweatshirtGal
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetta on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:12 pm

I'm totally up for starting Oress Plot again. I liked the concept of it, and I hope we actually get through with some stuff.

Too bad I wasn't there for Maple Manor. I heard it was huuge.

Zetta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreenSweatshirtGal on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:24 pm

Ha ha, right? Despite how long the OP lasted, we never seemed to get more than a quarter of the way through. I don't mind much; it was still crazy fun. I think that doing it here, on a new site, would help a lot. Fresh ideas, less opportunity to turn it into a giant mess, and DELICIOUS CHARACTER TAB. I'm really excited for it. I'm still not entirely sure about some parts of the plot, though. Given all of the revisions I've done to Lila since the OP ended (it is, after all, my infamously infinitely expanding plot), it would be quite a bit different than the Digi/Bitlands version.

For example, the original Oress Holders (minus Ciess, Shan, Poice, Flyri, and Pixet) would technically have their souls bonded with the new people (not sure what I'll be doing with that). Since the Competition ended, all of the Manipulators (Halyn, Saniya {who I find amusing for being so important in the first OP and totally insignificant in the last}, and Verity) completed their contracts with Them, meaning that they've left the Test Reality. As such, Dicro would take over Halyn's Alliance (although that would only strengthen their alliance with Umbra's crew...) and we'd be totally lacking in deliciously psychotic, superiority-complexed god-lolis. Then there's the fact that Seraye finally accepted her Promotion...and then most of Them have gotten significant character development since I last RPed with them. Mainly ?/Him. You know, that total douche guy who likes mind-raping people (especially Seraye)? Yeah, his personality totally flipped around so he's a pretty cool dude now, and his endlessly-anxious maid chick, Nette, is now a lovably overconfident semi-loli who's way more badass than any of Them.

Regardless, we still have Bunny. As long as we have Bunny, thing's will be ALLLLLLLRIGHT. :3

now i'm probably confusing all of the people who view this

just disregard my delicious nostalgia rush above kk?

GreenSweatshirtGal
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetta on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:41 pm

It's cool. Nostalgia rushes are awesome.

But, I agree. More people means more characters, and that's usually better. Personally, though, I think it's better to start off on a new... leaf? I regret doing some stuff with a certain inventor of mine, and I plan on fixing that. Plus, a steampunk aesthetic for his inventions would be so much more awesome.

I seriously look forward to this. And I hope that we actually get through the stuff.

Zetta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreenSweatshirtGal on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:27 pm

fo sho

Indeed. Maybe that was why I was always so eager to restart the OP! I'm really fond of starting things fresh, regardless of what I'll need to build back up to. I also regret doing some stuff with my characters in the OP, but in my case it was not giving them enough love and not using them to their fullest extent. The members of Halyn's Alliance are pretty much the central characters of Lila (ignoring Umbra for a minute here), yet I rarely even used them in the OP, much less made them seem important. Since I spread myself so far out in the OP (my favorite part of RPing is interacting with others, so naturally I found it necessary to use excessive amounts of characters to be able to interact with everyone), I also didn't get to do much character development...Umbra was really the only one who changed (during the RP itself, I mean), and that wasn't by much.

Basically, I'm excited because I'll finally be able to put all of my beloved characters to use. Plus, since I've definitely learned from my past GM mistakes with the OP, we might actually get somewhere here! O:

Also, I forgot to comment on that Maple Manor thing. You totally missed out, bro. It was massive. Ignis was a pimp (as always), Bill was the best master ever, Hansworth existed, and there were maids everywhere. What's not to love? It was still pretty controversial (as much as any Bitlands plot could be considered, anyways...), and I can see why. It was all over the place, even when there was actually a story to follow (featuring Shifty Steve and Somewhat Sam yes). Still crazy fun, though. If I could be in it again, I so would.

GreenSweatshirtGal
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FrozenTranscendence on Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:24 pm

NERENERENERENERENERENERENERENERENERENERENERENERNERNERNENRENRENRNENRNNNENRNENNE

I'm so stoked for you to start the Oress plot again. /too lazy to read the rest :B

FrozenTranscendence
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreenSweatshirtGal on Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:56 pm

I'm actually going to post the OP today; right now I'm just finishing up the rules, then I'm going to make my bios (which will be nice and short since I'll still have a billion characters), and then I'll post it.

I'll reserve Craya and Neren for you guys just in case; just tell me if you wanted to pick a different Oress. Also, you guys can totally be my co-GMs if you want, since you've done this before and know what's goin' down. Yes.

GreenSweatshirtGal
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetta on Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:24 pm

Awe-freaking-some. Looking forward to it.

And I won't mind being a co-GM. That would just make this even more awesome.

/nostalgiasqueal

Zetta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreenSweatshirtGal on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:28 pm

roleplay/lila/

LET THE NOSTALGIA BEGIN~

I wonder which one I should make next? It would be nice to be doing a smaller RP while Lila's going on, but I should wait and see how fast Lila moves before I make any more RPs.

GreenSweatshirtGal
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetta on Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:59 pm

I think it would be best to let this one roll out for a bit, and then start another one.

Over There would be awesome for the sheer lulz, and Purple Mirror strokes my fancy.

Zetta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreenSweatshirtGal on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:39 am

Crossed out Lila since it exists now and stuff. 11 RPs to go!

Purple Mirror probably should; it's the Sirvat Manor thing, after all. I want to do that one too since the Bitlands died before it really got off the ground. Over There has a 100% of being made after Lila (whether it ends by completion or death), because Over There is the bomb. I love using Them. (:

GreenSweatshirtGal
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:56 pm

I. Would DEFINITELY. Do "At the Bell". Mostly because I just want an excuse to play a space-faring, teched-out version of the Sergeant of Police from The Pirates of Penzance (Tony Azito's version. Want to see what I mean by "Tony Azito's Version"? See the police? See that tall, awkward-looking guy with the funny moustache and the really nasal voice? That's what I mean by "Tony Azito's Version"). But also because I just want an excuse to do something COMPLETELY OFF THE WALL RANDOM. I've had enough of serious RPing for a while, and this little acid fantasy of a plot seems like a great release.

Oh, also. Waterfalls. Just... Waterfalls. I WANNA LIGHT STUFF ON FIRE TOO!
From the depths, I return!

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreenSweatshirtGal on Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:59 pm

Well, you know how I like my acid fantasies! (: That character sounds awesome, by the by.

At the Bell was probably the RP I was going to do after Lila (although I'd probably start it during Lila since I'm a grand multitask-er and Lila was {I did it on another site before} infamous for being my RP that never ends); it's got a simple yet trippin' premise, doesn't require much explanation, leaves a lot to the players, and it's totally ballin'. So, expect that one to pop up within, at most, a month or so.

I totally want to do Waterfalls, too. Well, I want to do all of these ideas, but Waterfalls is one of the top ones on my list.

GreenSweatshirtGal
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:17 pm

Oh look, we have similar ideas! How awesome.

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby romanticfiction on Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:04 am

So loving Lila at the moment!

Have to say, Over There and Purple Mirror are another two that pique my interest. But honestly, anything you come up with, I'd be more than willing to throw my hat in the ring :D

romanticfiction
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreenSweatshirtGal on Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:37 pm

I fully intend on doing Over There once Lila is done, which will allow it to be a sort of follow-up without actually being a sequel to Lila. As for Purple Mirror, I actually got everything (except the rules, which are pretty much the same for all of my RPs) ready for it a month or two back...but I never made it because I was too nervous to post anything. Now that I've created something and people are having a jolly fun time with it, my walls are down and I'll probably start it up within a few weeks. (:

Now my only problem is deciding the order. I don't know when Lila will end (some editions of it on previous sites lasted for months, which was a jolly fun time), but Over There will definitely come nearly immediately after its completion/death. Since the length of Lila is never certain, it's more likely than not that I'll be making other RPs during its run...but should I start with another big one (like Waterfalls or Purple Mirror), or a more manageable one (like At the Bell or the 'Unnamed City' one)?

Either way, expect me to edit my first post with more ideas (and expansions upon the bulleted ones) soon~!

GreenSweatshirtGal
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!