Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Have you ever faced-

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Have you ever faced-

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby daathkil on Thu May 05, 2011 6:46 am

I'm a little curious about the terrible, over powered players that most of us have had the displeasure of facing off against. We've all faced off against players that steal every trick in the book from anime or have a "Super Man" move set or wield some ungodly weapon that allows them to tear a fissure into existence with every slash.
In most cases. these are players with poor writing skills and they're trying to use the most crafty ways out of a situation. In come cases these people pull so much wool over your eyes with purple prose that you don't know what they're trying to say. In the end, it's all a subterfuge or superfluous attempt at tossing one hundred energy balls at your character and warping behind you to hold you as the balls impact, only to escape impossibly at the millisecond of impact.

For me, I recall a player who was so geared toward defeating me that he started throwing "antimatter" energy at me. Not only was he "erasing" the existence around us, destroying the game-space, he freaked out when I PMed him about the hypothesis behind antimatter he tried to choke me out through the computer. I let him have his way but I began to call his attacks "erasure energy" attacks. He blew his lid. He furiously began slashing at me, blasting out these attacks that were simply removing objects from existence, so much to the point that we were flying around empty, phantasmagorical, rainbow-colored sections of pure "space". i just wanted out but I wasn't going to let this guy play me like this. If anyone reading this has ever played the game Star Ocean: Til the End of Time, then you may remember the main character using an ability name Dimension Door. The main character opens a dimensional rip, much like in the novel A Wrinkle In Time. A tesseract is a fifth dimensional phenom which is akin to to folding two sections of space-time so that they coexist. I used a form of this anomaly/attack-phenomena and escaped his attack. When he fired again, i opened a dimension door in front of myself and one behind. I escaped into he one in front and allowed the attack to pass into the one which remained. I appeared behind him, opening the dimension door behind my opponent and allowed the antimatter energy to erase him. At least i'd attempted to. All of a sudden he had spider-sense.

I know we've all had battles like this and I am curious about how pretentious and well....stupid wanna-be roleplayers can be...
I say we take off; Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

daathkil
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!