Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hearts Like Ours

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Hearts Like Ours

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby korr.a on Sat May 15, 2010 1:18 am

. . : : . .

Hearts Like Ours
As roleplayed by
Sirius Baren & Yasashisa no Botan

Clack.

The sound of wood on wood.

Bent on one knee, he bowed his head and extended his arm. The length of fabric forming his sleeve pooled on the ground and his outstretched hand sent focus away from him and across the floor where another figure stood, clothed no differently than any other woman.

Clack.

The sound of wood to represent the sudden strike of a vicious wind.

And the plain-clothed figure fell with a soft noise; no movement visible amidst the pile of dull hued clothing that marked her.

Clack. Clack. Clack.

Three. The closing held the same number as the beginning.

And the clapping began as appreciation of the audience whirled to life in the same way the people had seen the gust overtake the actor representing the common woman. The other actor moved from his bent position and stood, lifting his the pale mask away from his face. He would like to think the clapping grew a little louder when he moved and drew a little attention to himself but he dismissed the thought as simply wishful.
Without a word, he followed the other actor off-stage. Backstage was all noise. Here and there, color costumes were scattered amidst the more plain, common ones: actors with friends or new fans gained from the citizens of a new town. A minute smile tugged at a corner of his mouth. It was fortunate this town was so eager to show gratitude for the shows.

The lead actress apparently hadn’t had enough time to change from her plain costume since she stood there in it still as she spoke to the group around her, a smile flicking across her face briefly as exchanging places with open-mouthed laughter.

Turning from the sights, he placed his mask down. The black-eyed mask almost seemed to look back up at him from the contents of the half-filled trunk where it all. The white color under the black markings still made it noticeable even if the crack through the center looked as if it was growing wider.

“Your crane was splendid, Tsurukou.” A woman with a head-full of gray hair said as she approached him.

At her appearance and comment, he bent at the waist and offered her a bow, “Thank you.”

A couple words said, he pulled the tie loose from his waist and retracted his arms from the sleeves of the white kimono that had marked him as a crane. Once off, the garment was placed aside and he went to smoothing out the plain clothing the costume had been covering.

“Hello my friend.”A voice and startling hearty clap on the back announced the arrival of a friend. The new arrival looked around in what was an apparently unsuccessful search: “No fangirls vying for attention? What a shame.”

“You’d only want to talk to them yourself.” Tsurukou said easily.

“How well you know me.” Said the other young man, feigning being offended. “Now what if I was here to tell you about your good acting?”

“But you’re not.”

“Alright, I’m not.”

“What a shame.” The same little smile playing with a corner of his mouth earlier chose to reappear then.

“I can only compliment perfection so many times, Tsurukou.” The other commented with a wearied sigh.

“No, Hide.” Tsurukou spoke quickly though still in his quiet way, “I still have much to work on.”

“Tsurukou. In all seriousness. You know I don’t call something perfect if…“ Hide trailed off. “Well damn.”

Hearing the profanity, Tsurukou simply shook his head, not missing a beat. The change in his friend’s tone was all too familiar. He simply went
about straightening his clothing and checking his reflection briefly before he commented, “Is Ms. Nishikawa backstage to talk to the actors again?”

A certain young lady in the unfamiliar town had taken to watching the plays the troupe put on. It was the last day of the week-long performance schedule thus it would not be surprising to see the girl backstage again.

“Forget Nishikawa.”

The hand that had been smoothing out Tsurukou’s collar paused as he wondered. Though, there was only just a moment to wonder before he found himself turned around after his friend had decided to make sure they could both see the girl Hide was talking about. He didn’t have to peer through little crowd. There she was. The ornate, deep maroon kimono gave away her class first and that was perhaps the strangest to begin with. And the light hair spilling over her shoulders like sunlight was only another clue. She wasn’t Japanese but the fact certainly didn’t make her any less beautiful. In fact- His friend’s low whistle brought him reluctantly from his reverie.

“There’s one girl I wouldn’t mind-“

“Hide.” He interrupted, causing the named one to look at him in surprise. It was not everyday Tsurukou cut him off. “Don’t be crude.”

“It’s not like she’ll know that much Japanese.”

Tsurukou fostered a stern look at his friend. Unfortunately, Hide laughed almost instantly but in the end agreed: “I will keep my comments to myself. This time anyway.”

“Let’s get going. There’s much to pack up before everyone heads home.”
Last edited by korr.a on Sun May 16, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

korr.a
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Greeter Visual Appeal

Re: Hearts Like Ours

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun May 16, 2010 12:10 pm

Nora Barrington had found herself trapped in a world all too foreign to her, but she had found that she loved it far more than she had ever loved her own home. Her father had fallen in love with Japan when he had first come there as a tradesman. He had learned the ways and learned the language so well that he could easily blend in with the strange society like one of their own.

Japan was the one place that Nora would love to call home for the rest of her life. She had grown up in England up until about a year ago. Her mother had died when she was young, and from what she knew, her parents hadn't been in love. It was just a smart match and after her mother died her father spent a lot of time away. She came to love the same world her father did.

Her father married into a high class Japanese family not too long ago. His wealth, love, and extensive knowledge of Japan had many women, despite varying ages, wanted to marry him. Nora could tell her father had found true love with this dark haired beauty and she was happy for him. The woman her father had married was sweet, but she had lived the high life long enough that Nora and her didn't get along, but they didn't hate each other.

Nora's father had taken on a Japanese name, he wanted to disappear into the Japanese culture and had no desire to ever travel back to England. He required that Nora become as extensive in the language and knowledge of the people as he had, and she had found her place. The language was always difficult for foreigners, but Nora caught on easily.

She had been living there for about a year in the small town when traveling actors arrived. She had yet to see one of the unique Japanese plays put on, and so she took to coming and watching every night. Nora decided that she wouldn't let stranger know just how well she knew the language, she liked hearing the unfiltered remarks and opinions they had.

The last performance came and Nora was easily in the front row. The way they depicted life and their stories fascinated her and she craved to know more. She clapped politely with everyone else before she stood to her feet. She smoothed out her deep maroon kimono as she headed back stage. She began to chat idly with a few of the actors, giving them compliments and getting information about where else they would be performing.

After talking she turned around and spotted the young actor who had been playing a crane. She glanced at the other young man who had been talking to the actor and kept the smirk from her face. She had heard the words they exchanged and she decided to prove them wrong. She may not look like them, but she certainly could speak like them.

She bowed slightly out of respect for both of them, also as a greeting. She smiled upon them both.

"That was a beautiful performance Tsurukou-san." She said. "I am grieved to see that you'll be leaving. It has been a pleasure to watch you every night." She smiled. She looked at his companion and had a thoughtful expression as she looked at him politely.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby korr.a on Sun May 16, 2010 9:28 pm

Tsurukou turned without another word and reached over. The rusted hinges protested but yielded still as the trunk on the floor shut noisily. As far as packing went, Hide wasn't bound to be helpful but perhaps the thought would annoy him enough to draw his attention away from the young English woman. As pretty as she might be, this town was neither his nor Hide's home. The troupe was packing soon and who was to know if and when they would pass through this town again? And there was much to store away. It would not do to be bothered with such a task ahead of him. But it was soon evident the girl herself had decided to ensure she was even more of a distraction.

"Stop packing, here she comes." Hide hissed and carelessly nudged his friend in the side.

Remembering his manners, Tsurukou turned back around. To have one's back knowingly turned to a stranger was more than rude. He ignored Hide acting on his own trademark as the young man smoothed a hand through his hair. She seemed to drift over as she approached. Unchecked, his eyebrows rose a margin as he noted the lack of hesitation in her bow. Tsurukou politely bowed in return. The natural gesture seemed to be what first escaped the memory of still-learning foreigners. Perhaps she did not have quite so much to learn. This idea was only lent more as each word of her Japanese was pronounced well, though the accent given by her native language was quite noticeable.

Merely when she looked at him, Hide took it as his cue. And disregarding the fact that the girl had only seemed to come over to pay his friend a compliment, and a high one at that, Hide opened his mouth to speak up but was appropriately cut off as Tsurukou answered.

"I h-hardly deserve such a compliment as a beautiful performance." Tsurukou stumbled quietly as he echoed her description. She was the first person in a long while who had chosen to pay him, specifically, notice for his performance. But of course, credit should go where it was due. "I am but one actor amidst many but I am glad to hear you enjoyed our plays. Thank you." He punctuated his words with a bow in gratitude.

"So.." Hide drawled, contrasting the fact that he interjected, and smiled lazily as if not bothering much with the expression. "What's your name, Hime?"

"Please excuse his behavior." Tsurukou quickly spoke after his friend in attempt to amend the situation before it went astray. He could only hope she wouldn't understand the derogatory way Hide had just called her "princess" as there really was no reason for his friend to treat this girl in the way he treated all the others.

korr.a
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Greeter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun May 16, 2010 10:55 pm

Nora was flattered a lot more by Tsurukou's manner's than his friend with him, but she did have to give credit to this friend, he did have his looks going for him. She turned her gaze back to Tsurukou and smiled softly. The humble approach he had was far more impressive than gold to her. She shook her head as he denied the deservance of the compliment. Nora did not just hand out compliments unless she meant them.

"Perhaps you're right, this is the first I have seen of you're fantastical masterpieces and I could be wrong, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt." She said. The way Tsurukou spoke was very polite. That was one thing she was finding so strange to her above all else that these dark haired folk did. They were so full of formality and being polite even if they would rather be force fed worm than to be in someone's company they disliked.

"Ah but without every piece to the puzzle, the play would fall apart, and especially without the edges." She responded with a simple smile. She turned to look upon the friend. She understood the term, but only because it had been used with her before. Nora had recieved many strange remarks and comments because of her exotic beauty, and by now it was more annoying and irritating than anything else. She looked upon Tsurukou and appreciated his apology. She'd hold her tongue, even if she had been disrespected first, it would reflect badly on her to cause disrespect in return. It was better to turn the other cheek in silence than draw attention to yourself.

"I am Nora." She frowned as she spoke her name. It made her feel so self-conscious to have such an outlandish name.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby korr.a on Mon May 17, 2010 11:28 pm

The young man blinked and his ink-black eyebrows drew together while the bridge of his nose crinkled briefly. She had shaken her head as if to disagree with him? It was a foreign gesture but one he understood though the meaning didn't come through. Tsurukou could only hope she hadn't changed her mind about the theatrical performance she had seen all week...

And so she was right. Tsurukou could not manage to stifle the little smile that worked its way onto his lips even if he had bothered to try. In her own way, she fairly agree with him but still kept to her compliment. Her persistence in and of itself was somehow admirable, if that was the right word. Then Hide had to ruin the moment with his rude way of asking the girl what her name was.

She only frowned, thank Kami. Tsurukou mistook the expression for her response to Hide's behavior. It was not, perhaps, a good thing to say he felt relieved but, in fact, he did. He considered it good fortune that this girl had not been offended by his friend's utter, well, lack of common sense. Though admittedly, he was not entirely sure whether his anxiousness was due to his own mindful nature or something else entirely. But what other reason might he have for wanting to be cautious around this girl..?

"No-ra-san." Tsurukou echoed slowly, his mouth twisting the "o" of her name into the sharper letter that sounded right to him and the "r" almost into what sounded like a "d". The unfamiliar name was not one he would soon forget. "I am glad to have been able to speak with you, however briefly, but I'm afraid my friend and I must go. The performers will be packing up soon. Once again, I'm pleased to have heard you enjoyed the play and I hope you enjoy others just as well." Tsurukou bowed once again, in way of saying politely dismissing himself from her presence.

And after the conversation had sufficiently dissolved, Tsurukou left, taking care to make sure Hide came with him, and ventured farther backstage to help a couple other members of the troupe as they loaded wooden boxes and trunks. Soon enough, he would be home again. The thought of milling through memorized streets on his own time was comforting. He had no objection to traveling but no other place was exactly like home.

korr.a
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Tue May 18, 2010 12:53 am

Nora watched Tsurukour carefully as he tried to pronounce her name. It came out wrong, but she knew it would and so it wasn't offending her in any way. She merely smiled and nodded her head. "That is all right, I am sad to see you leave. It truly has been a pleasure to watch you perform." She told him kindly. "I do hope one day we will meet again." She returned his bow as she recognized it as his cue to go. She watched him leave, taking his friend with him, and turned around. She chatted idly with a few of the towns people about their opinions on the performances before she began to walk back to her home.

Nora arrived home and smiled as she entered into the large structure. Her father certainly didn't mind spending money on making sure he had everything at its highest quality. She bowed politely to those she saw as she was heading to the courtyard where there was a koi pond. She sat down next to the pool of water and stared down at the fish swimming in the water. She looked up to see her father approach her.

"Hello my daughter," his english was now touched with a Japanese accent. He believed that their native language should be preserved as much as possible, so he usually insisted on speaking English with her. "You are beautiful, and I believe it's time for you to be found a suitor. I have sent out letters to many of the prominent families about you. I do hope that you'll take on this tradition as smoothly as you did with the others." He spoke calmly.

Nora frowned at this news. She hadn't realized that she would be expected to keep this tradition. She sighed and merely nodded her head before she watched her father leave. She was truly bothered by this and suddenly felt very overwhelmed and alone in this foreign world.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby korr.a on Thu May 20, 2010 4:01 pm

The return home took several hours. That was several hours Tsurukou spent occupying himself with little more than simple dreams brought on by the day time. Of course, one might have thought it difficult not to concentrate on the slow, lumbering movements forward but he was well acquainted with the feel of the pace. Absently, he reached forward to shoo and insect from the crest of the animal he was then on the back of. The animal picked up its head and flicked an ear back, awaiting a command but nothing came from its entranced master. The horse had fairly lost Tsurukou to the day dreams.

Quite honestly, Tsurukou passed the time either directly or indirectly wondering about the girl, Nora, he'd met. Certainly, she had not been the first non-native Japanese person he'd ever met but he couldn't help thinking her background was likely more interesting than that of the last foreigner he'd met. The last had been scholar from Britain. The bespectacled man had positively stumbled over the new Japanese words he learned each day but refused to give up his quest to master the language. The contrast between the awkwardness of the middle-aged man and the seeming gracefulness of young Nora brought a chuckle from Tsurukou though the noise was characteristically minute.

Soon enough, familiar sites edged up from the ground and gradually grew taller as troupe-turned-caravan pressed onward. Slowly rising into the orange sky were the dark-shingled tiers of the pagoda that drew the city at its doorstep up into sight. Home. The distinct pattern of thuds drew Tsurukou from his musings as he looked ahead to see that Hide had taken off ahead on his own horse, apparently eager to get home. His friend glanced back and shouted but the wind strung the words into one indecipherable noise. But Tsurukou hadn't needed to hear it to know what Hide said though. Taking the reins back into his hands, the young man pressed his heels lightly into the horse's sides. The animal rose to the prompt eagerly and soon came up on Hide at a run as the game became a race around the outskirts of the city.

That night, Tsurukou could be found with Hide and the two amidst a handful of giggling young ladies.

Animatedly, Hide's hands swept out before him slowly and his voice lowered, lending some mysterious quality as he spoke, continuing his story about the last supposedly perilous adventure he and his friend had gotten dragged into. Tsurukou's eyes drifted from the scene to a rice-paper lined window where the inky sky darkened building exteriors. He only vaguely heard Hide mention a great dragon. Absently, he wondered if it was the gold one that had been napping high up in the clouds or the black one whose shining white eyes looked like stars-

"'Amidst the night sky'," Hide quoted his friend then, "Right?"

"Yes." Was Tsurukou's simple reply.

And Hide went right on elaborating about the dangerous adventure while Tsurukou's mind wandered. After all, it had to be the twelfth time the story had been told. And it never failed to draw in any young lady with an ear itching for a tale. But suddenly a man approached. Evidently, the stories had drawn in another? Tsurukou watched the man come closer and stop, reaching into the front of his kimono to extract a single, bound letter.

"Hiyashi Hide." The man said, correctly pronouncing the young man's surname before his first name.

The named young man stopped mid-story and looked up, a frown twisting the line of his mouth to show his opinion of being interrupted when with new company. The older man simply handed over the letter.

"A letter from your parents." He said and, with a bow, excused himself from the then-quiet restaurant.

Taking annoyance out on the letter, Hide tore it open but somehow the message it contained remained intact. His eyes scanned the paper quickly, over what turned out to be a short letter.

"They're arranging a marriage for me." Hide spat and tossed the letter onto the table before him.

The girls mostly around the young man whispered to one another. Tsurukou caught snatches of whispers, all wondering on who the girl might be.

"Let's go." Hide growled under his breath and rose.

Without a word in protest, Tsurukou rose as well and left payment for the meal there on the table before bowing politely to the young ladies that had joined them. They offered bows in return and cheered goodbyes, telling him that he and Hide should stay in town a while. Tsurukou only smiled, making no promises and left to follow Hide.
Last edited by korr.a on Fri May 21, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

korr.a
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Thu May 20, 2010 4:47 pm

It had probably been about a week since Nora had learned of this arranged marriage that she was on her way with her father and several from her household to meet the man she was supposed to marry and his parents. It was always a fantastical occasion when two houses were being united through the marriage of their children. Nora was trying to be a good sport about the whole idea, but she was marrying a complete stranger who she had never met. She was still new to this society and culture, and the thought of this marriage had her skin crawling a little.

"Come now Nora, cheer up." Her father said as they rode upon horse back to their destination.

The two fair haired people were in strange contrast against their company. They hair fair hair with blue eyes and their skin was as pale as milky moonlight. The only defining difference between the two was their age. The young woman was far younger looking than the man. She had rosy lips perfectly porportioned and even though her hair was pulled up, it was easy to see that it was soft. She was definitely an exotic flower among dark beauty's.

"I don't see how you can expect me to just throw myself within this crowd so quickly. I've lived here for about a year now, and in that time I've come to love this place just as much as you, but I've never grown up with the prospect of going into a marriage with a stranger. This is all so confusing and foreign to me. I don't think it's fair that you expect me to be perfectly all right with this." She spoke her honest thoughts.

"We are strangers here Nora, the best way to intergrate is follow every tradition. I've spoke my mind, I do expect you to marry this man. He is from a very wealthy and prominent family. You'll do fine, and your alien looks will definitely bring about a much higher respect, especially if you marry this man." It was obvious that this discussion was now closed.

Nora was silent after that. She wasn't going to refuse this, she had made a deal with her father and she intended to keep her end of it. She looked at the people around her and found that she was truly happy here with them. She found it odd that she was so at home and so comfortable with these cream skinned people rather than the ones she had grown up with her whole life. She looked upon the dark haired beauty that was her mother and sighed. She missed her own mum, it had been years since her mother's passing, but she had loved her mother dearly.

The procession was silent, as if they thought speaking much would be poor upon their journey. The sun was setting, the sky was lit up on an array of orange and red as the tips of the clouds were dusted in pink. They were almost to their destination. Nora was feeling her stomach grow queasy as she was trying to think of how this meeting would go. Would her future parents approve of her being united with their son? What in the world had her father said to get them to agree to this marriage?

Nora was doned in a pale blue kimono as she dismounted her horse. She looked at the others around her and suddenly felt out of place for the first time in months. She felt her tongue wanting to twist in her mouth and refuse to speak the complicated language that normally flowed freely. How was this going to go over?

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby korr.a on Thu May 27, 2010 5:45 pm

“Absolutely not.”

Even the exasperated tone filtered through the rice paper doors. Tsurukou reached down and picked a knot from the stiff mane of the horse he sat on. He could feel the animal shift its weight once and again as its ear flicked back and forth. The conversation was impossible not to hear.

“Otou-san–” The familiar voice of his friend protested.

“You have known of this for several years now.” The first voice interrupted. “Did you believe we simply forgot?”

“Well, I hoped...” Hide's voice trailed and ended with a short laugh, one faint since the shoji had filtered the noise. There was no additional laugh to accompany the first. Then the other voice went on,

“Hide. This girl comes from a unique family. It will only serve us well to ally our own family with hers.”

“You make it sound like these are the only families left with a prestigious name. Tsurukou-”

“Holds the Mutou family name.” The first voice, that's of Hide's father, interrupted again with a sigh. It then fell into a hushed tone but the words could still be made out: “I understand he's you're friend but you know he will have to find some way to preserve the name on his own.”

This idea was something Tsurukou wished he had time not to think about. Even last week in the restaurant, the idea plagued him. And to say it was a mere idea was, by far, a great understatement. It was more a drive, a reluctant sense of duty, knowing at some hopefully distant point in the future, he would have to marry. There was no other way to carry on the family name.

“What? You think I was going to try to get him to marry this girl?”

“Hide.”

“Alright, I was...”

“Now... She will be arriving today in the neighboring town and that is where you are headed.”

“Yes, Otou-san...”

There was then the sound of wood scraping against wood once, a pause, and then the same sound again as Hide opened then slid the door shut behind himself. Nothing else was to be said. Despite the attempt at reasoning with his father, Hide was still doing as the man said.

That evening found the small procession out in the woods. Muted hoof-beats and the rattle of wheels provided most of the noise the leaves cradled over the path. Idle talk was the only sound to break up the otherwise monotonous pattern of sounds. Tsurukou was simply quiet and Hide only complained about the state of things each time he opened his mouth.

Quiet had been going on for nearly an hour straight, not that anyone have been keeping time of course, when another host of things drifted through the leaves to the two friends and the driver there as the rest of the procession. First came a distinct smell, something salty and weighted and familiar. Then came the low hum that could only define existing people in all their various goings on of the early evening. The town that gradually showed through the trees was no surprise. The fact that Hide suddenly pulled back the reins controlling his horse was, however, a bit more unexpected. And everyone stopped, making the noises of the nearby town just a margin louder.

“Tsurukou...”

And just by the tone, the mentioned young man knew Hide had an idea. That was certainly not a good thing. It hadn't been in the past, it wasn't bound to be now.

“You could go meet her.”

To keep the sigh from his voice was not effortless but Tsurukou replied anyhow, “Hide as far as my family name goes, I do not need help-”

“I meant you can got meet her for me.” Hide went on quickly, knowing his friend would protest still, “I don't do well with serious meetings like this. You can go talk to her, tell her what I'm like and all that, like you're a...” He trailed, searching for the particular word, “nakōdo.”

A nakōdo? Tsurukou regretted not having thought to suggest the idea to Hide's father in the first place. The whole procession might have been avoided had someone been appointed as a go-between. And Tsurukou would have been honored to act as one for his best friend. He still was now that he had been asked but what of Hide?

“Your father will be angry if you return home so soon.”

“I'll take the risk.” Hide confidently, perhaps a little too confidently, stated. “So, will you do this?”

“I will.”

It was not advisable to let Hide go knowing a fight would result between the two but Tsurukou could not argue. He had known the outspoken young man long enough to recognize the point where Hide made up his mind in a way that would not allow it to be changed.

The foliage hiding away much from sight soon took away Hide and the carriage driver as well. And when the dense foliage had finally taken away all sight of them, Tsurukou flicked the pair of reins in his hands and was then on his way into town.

The inn Hide's father had made arrangements with was far nicer than Tsurukou had considered. Not that he expected the man to have cut corners when it came to his own son, but he simply had not given much thought to where he'd be staying. It only occurred to him after he had walked into the entrance of the place. Merely the ornate attire of the attendants flitting around conveyed this inn, this ryokan, housed high-classed guests. Consciously, Tsurukou smoothed out the front of his garments and then caught the attention of one of the attendants in order to start getting details on the room he'd be staying in.

As the small woman began to list details on where everything in the inn was, Tsurukou's mind strayed. He tried to pay attention, knowing that only half listening was impolite but his thoughts wandered nonetheless. According to what Hide had said, it was arranged for him to meet the girl here at the inn before, more than likely, heading out elsewhere in town. He hoped the young woman in question had arrived without any trouble.

korr.a
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:26 pm

The procession for Nora had come to the small town in the late afternoon. Nora was still trying to understand this tradition she was being pulled into. She truly loved these people and their unique ways and traditions, but this one she didn't understand. Did they not believe in love? Did they think that it was bad luck for a couple in love to be married?

A sigh escaped the white beauty as they arrived at a very elegant inn. Nora had stayed at several fancy inns back in her home country, but to her, coming here and experiencing this world made this contrast strangely in her mind. She had known one world her whole life, and now that she was falling deep within a new world, despite the down sides, she found that she was truly finding her place here.

The group entered the inn and were greeted by a woman who bowed and inquired of their stay and such frivolous matters. Nora tuned out most of what was said between her father and their hostess, as it was boring. She looked at all of the other people and they looked back.

These dark haired people had seen pale foreigners before, but it was a shock to see one so immersed in their culture. Nora was used to these stares, after all, they followed her wherever she went. It was kind of nice to know she stood out rather then blended in. She didn't like it when she was just a part of the wall, she'd much rather be a piece of furniture noticed in the room and appreciated for her worth.

"Nora, come," her father's voice snapped her out of her trance as she had been thinking of this future husband. She knew the importance of having a son, and she was sure that she'd be pressured into having a child quickly to make sure there would be a child to carry on the name later in life. The thought sickened her as she knew she was not ready to become a mother.

Nora followed her father and her mother as their servants carried their things and their relatives left to their own rooms.

It was probably a few hours before Nora was bothered by one of the workers in the inn. The young bowed respectfully before he informed Nora that the company they were expecting had arrived. He also informed her that he still had yet to find her father. Nora merely shook her head and told him she'd go out to greet those that had arrived. Naturally the boy looked at her skeptically as the betrothed lady didn't usually just go out and introduce herself, but he nodded his head and led the way.

Nora was in quite a shock when the boy told her that there was only one person, and when she saw who it was, she was very confused.

"Tsurukou-san!" she stared at him in shock before remembering her place and giving him a curt bow before she blurted out. "What are you doing here?" she looked around. "You're not the one I'm marrying, are you?" Nora felt rather lost in that moment as the two were relatively alone as the young boy had dashed away to find her father.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!