Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hello all, new member here!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hello all, new member here!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varnis54 on Sun May 13, 2012 6:54 pm

Hello all! How is everyone on this find and wonderful, although hot, spring day? Not like that where you are? Well then... I hope it doesn't get how it is where I am living!

But, since this is the introductions forum, I might as well introduce my self.

So, as it happens to be, I do enjoy roleplaying, who doesn't that is here? Would make no sense if you didn't, right? But as to what I was saying again. I have done Rp by post, and Rp through chat clients such as IMVU, and AIM. I no longer use AIm though as it became quite... Lacking in others who wished to role play. I have been on a search for a few forums that are decently active, however every time I do join one, there seems to be no one willing to post, or putting up any good roleplays that I will be interested. Although, good may just be a matter of opinion, like a lot of the things out there. I know my grammar isn't the best, but I do try to keep is fairly good, and the same for the spelling. No one is perfect, and if you are, then there is something wrong with you, right?

I do tend to ramble, but I hope to have a good time here, and hope the community here is a wonderful one, as I would love to have a great time here.

I would say my Rp skill is moderate, and I prefer moderate length posts, rather than five plus paragraph posts... Those tend to become quite daunting for me to just look at. Doesn't help that I have ADHD.... I am rambling again, sorry...

As for the roleplays that I tend to get into fairly fast and easily are role plays that have people that post about every day two to three posts a day. The genres of roleplaying are Fantasy, Mid-evil, fighting, magic, romance, and pretty much any roleplay where anything could quite possibly happen, just so long as it isn't Sci-Fi type, or futuristic, and I tend to make nekos/furry characters as I find them the funnest.

I hope to be a part of the community, and hope to have a great time here.

If you have any roleplays that would be interesting, I would take a quick look at it, and I can Rp as anything, although I prefer to Rp as male characters.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Varnis54
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Hello all, new member here!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon May 14, 2012 1:20 pm

Howdy-hey, Varnis54! Welcome to RolePlayGateway. I'm Sato, a longtime member around these parts. xD Was it a wonderful day yesterday where you were, too? Fantastic. The weather is shaping up to be quite beautiful this week, which is awesome, as I have off of school.

Anyways, if you enjoy roleplaying, then you found the right place to be! Nice to see an experienced user dropping by our little corner of the internet world, here. You've managed to stumble across one of the most active and dedicated roleplaying communities on the entire web, zoo .. good on you. xD

Rambling is fine. I do the same, actually.

If you want to dive into the community more, check out our "Community" section of the forums! You're already off to a good start here in the Welcome Desk, but feel free to explore the rest of the site and get your first ten forum posts off and running.

I'd love to RP with you sometime.

Hope to hear more from you, soon!

-VV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varnis54 on Mon May 14, 2012 1:27 pm

Thank you for the welcome Sato!

Glad I did find this website, I see new role plays every time I open up the roleplay page. It was honestly a bit daunting seeing the shear amount of roleplays there are here on this forum. It seems to be quite active which is always a great thing.

As for the delving deeper into the forum, I will, I may just lurk a little bit first though, as its what I just tend to do before I start posting.

As for the roleplaying I am creating a character right now for a role play that seems interesting. I just hope I can keep up with the others on here since I do not know most of the role playing style here yet.

It is quite nice to find a member that has been here for quite some time, shows that the forum has dedicated members.

Varnis54
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon May 14, 2012 1:30 pm

Don't be daunted! There's a ton of activity, but once you learn the ins and outs of the website, you will become its master! There's a ton of people here who all want to tell a story, and are looking for those to help them out. If you can learn to ride that momentum, it's really awesome and satisfying. (:

Lurking is an awesome pastime. I do it too much, I fear.

The forum has a lot of dedicated members, actually. You won't find many users who have been around as long as I have (but there are a dedicated handful) but in the last few years, the websites population really started to grow. You'll see a lot of two or three-year vets.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varnis54 on Mon May 14, 2012 1:36 pm

I do have a few roleplays that I have started, but they all have failed due to lack of members, it was just on a bad website for that style, or it just never got off the ground. Its a little hard for me to find one that I really do like.

I will try and keep an eye out for the dedicated members, and the vets, will help me to know who is who, and who not to get mad. Haha. I some times play devil's advocate of general topic threads.

Varnis54
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Mon May 14, 2012 4:46 pm

Yooooooooooooooooo!

Welcome to the site Varnis! It's always great to see a new face hanging around these parts! Don't worry so much about your writing, I'm sure it's great! And if not, we always do have the RP-Academy on the main page! Their PURPOSE is to totally help everyone improve in everything ever. I'm not that great of a roleplayer myself, but hey! The important thing is that you're trying and enjoying yourself in whatever you're doing!

Make yourself right at home!

~Toodles
~Still trying to fit all of my dreams in a pokeball.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varnis54 on Mon May 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I had made a character for a Rp already, so I was trying to get into the Forum. XD

But it got deleted when I hit submit cause the image size for the character was too big. Oh well...

I may check out the academy to help my Rp skills some.

Varnis54
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!