Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hello all!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hello all!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ToyCivilian on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:40 pm

Hello everyone who reads this, it's nice to meet you all! I'm new, as you can probably tell, so if I get anything wrong while I'm here, please be patient with me. >.< I'm hoping to learn how everything works quick- though I've been stalking the site for a few days so I'm not quite sure how long it'll take to get used to things. How the site works and all the different little features are kind of confusing and definitely more complicated than what I'm used to, but I'll figure it out soon enough. ^^ (Though if anyone has a possible link to a guideline or something of how the site works, I'd be grateful :3).
Let's see... Well, I might as well introduce myself. My name is ToyCivilian, as it quite plainly says, but feel free to shorten that up or even call me something completely different if you don't feel like typing it out all the time! I've been roleplaying for... hmm... I don't know, a year and a half now? Two years? I don't even know >.< What I do know, however, is that it's quite fun, and I hope to be doing it for as long as I can. I used to roleplay on a site different from this one, but it eventually shut down, so I've been looking for a new one ever since, and this site seemed perfect! So here I am! :D
I'm hoping to find some new, at least semi-original roleplays, though I may or may not participate in roleplays based on shows or books for practice... Anywho, I think that's good enough for a short introduction, wouldn't want to make this a wall of text that nobody reads.
Oh yeah, one last thing, just a quick bit- if I ever seem like I'm being a suck-up, to anyone, I'm really not, I just tend to care a lot more about what people think of me, and I can be overdramatic at times. Just a little warning >.<
Well, that's my introduction. Probably could've put in more, but alas, I am currently too lazy to. Oh well, I'm sure you don't want to listen to(or read) my slight ramblings much longer anyways. Hope to see you all in roleplay! ^^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ToyCivilian
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Hello all!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brawness on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:42 pm

Hey whalecum.

I can't offer any help but I'M SURE those most kind moderators and admons or community veterans would give a large list of links to helpful resources.
Insert Philosophical Quote Here

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Brawness
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:01 pm

As one of those vets, I'm here to say hi! Welcome to RolePlayGateway and whatnot.

It's always cheering to see new users greeting each other. Maybe you and Brawness can collaborate on something in the future.

Anywhoozle, if you want some tips on figuring out the finer points of the website, you can check out the Help section of the website. There are topics in there labeled as [RESOLVED] where users have asked questions and had them answers. If you have any troubles you can scope things out there.

If you have any more specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We're a large community, but we're friendly as well. We work hard to give you all the tools you need to create your own world.

So! Nice to meet you. I'm ViceVersus, and if I can't help you out with something then I'll point you in the direction of someone who can!

-VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ToyCivilian on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:06 pm

Thanks for the welcome, both of you! I didn't know about the Help section, so thanks for pointing it out! It's definitely helped a bit. :3 Hopefully I can get started quickly, this place seems like a lot of fun ^^

ToyCivilian
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!