Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

hello all

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

hello all

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Damian_Immortal on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:28 pm

Hello there, I'm Damian Immortal, you may call me Damian, Dami, or even Daim.

I'm new to the site, obviously, but have roleplayed off and on for the last year and a half. My specialties are scene description, and creating a world/universe.

I enjoy talking and meeting new people. I can seem like a prick or be annoying at times but, eventually you should get used to it. I enjoy spending my time listening to music, reading, or writing huge paragraphs in discussions with other people about pretty much anything.

I would give an example but, I can't think at the moment :/ I might give an example of my abilities later on when I can think. Anyway nice to meet you all.
She might hate me, and revile me, and heap indignity after indignity upon me, as she already had, until I should have hated her; but the pitiful fact remained that I loved her.
Edgar Rice Burroughs(1875-1950)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Damian_Immortal
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: hello all

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:18 pm

Hey Damian!

Welcome to RoleplayGateway! I hope you enjoy your time here and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. The community is very helpful and usually if they don't know the answer to your question, they will point you to someone else that might be able to help!

I am going to give you some links that may help you out on the site. The RPG User Manual will give you some basic info on the site and how to use it and the Rules are short, sweet and to the point.

Once you get familiarized with the place, I'd suggest going to either the Interest Checks thread or the Roleplayers Wanted thread. Interest checks are for people looking to gather people for a roleplay that's in its planning stages and Roleplayers Wanted is a thread looking for people to join a RP that has already been created but simply needs more people!

I am sorry it took so long for me to greet you and I do hope that you forgive me! I have seen you around the forums though so it looks like you're getting settled in but if you need anything feel free to ask!! It was nice to meet you and I hope you enjoy yourself here at RPG!!

~Celedia
"...you know we've fuckin' broken down as a society when people just explode in forests." ~Gasmask in The Unexplainable.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Damian_Immortal on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:42 pm

Hey, Celedia.

Thank you for the links. I'll go skim the user manual for anything I might require knowing. Since I joined and read some stuff, I've been off and on with an idea I had for a roleplay.

It's no problem that you took a while to greet me. I've only been on like two other sites that greet new users. It's nice to see this site has a staff that tries to greet every new member as much as possible. It was nice to meet you as well.

Damian_Immortal
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:25 am

We know how overwhelming it can be to join a new site! I'm happy to hear that you've already joined some things though, so I don't feel as if you've been let down in any way. ;) Enjoy yourself and I hope to see you around the forums!

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!