Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hello everyone

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hello everyone

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Masako on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:39 am

I figured that I would post a little about myself since I'm new here. My friends have nicknamed me Masako because of my great dislike of my real name. I am a 21year old female, currently trying to learn Japanese. If there is anything more anyone would like to know just ask.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Masako
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Hello everyone

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Symphony on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:59 am

Hey! Welcome to Roleplay Gateway Masako! I'm Relic, a fellow member of this site. Though, people call me Reli, Relish, Relly, Rel.. Whatever floats your boat! Our community here is always glad to have new members, and all the more excited for those who are intrigued in roleplaying. So, just to give you a few pointers, I would suggest taking a look at our Rules, and as far as I know, those are the newly updated ones.

As for where to get started, it all depends on where you are most comfortable! I am a person of both worlds, the forums, and the chat, but I know a bunch of people who prefer the chat over other things! - Yes! We do have a live, running, roleplaying, chat. You can find tons of new friends there, who are always willing to help, from what I can see. You can find the chat Here. As for roleplaying on the chat, if you look in the link I just gave you, and scroll up, you will notice you are in the Multiverse. The multiverse is Roleplay Gateway's (RPG) fluid, persistent world. Here, there are no limitations as to what can happen, and the scope of ones reality. Now, still looking up at the multiverse from your position on the chat, you can notice a Characters tab, and if you click that, you can get right on to creating your first character!

Though, not only do we have the multiverse, but we also have many other roleplays that are available, and you can pick and choose whichever one may fit what you really want to do! You might also want to take a look at our wonderful Roleplay Academy, where you can get some tips from the pros, if you need it! Don't be afraid to ask them questions, or any of the staff on this site, I assure you they are all friendly people! I figure, you want to know everyone by their color, so here is it plain and simple :

Red = Creator/Administrators
Green = Mods
Navy Blue = Mentors
Bright Blue = Coders
Orange = Designers
Yellow = Contributors
Black = Normal members like you and me!

Here are a few more links you might want to check out. The Creative Realm where users can post artwork they have done, writing, and even pieces of music! The Interest Checks part of our forums is for those who have an idea, see if anyone else is interested in starting it with them. In the Roleplayers Wanted board, you can find threads where GMs (Game Masters, also known as the creators of roleplays) look for new members to join their roleplay.

I believe most people love to roleplay battling! Well take a look at our Battle Arena. I was never much into battling, but I am getting better at it myself! Though, from what I hear, it is a great place to face of your foes, and even your friends in combat! You can even judge your wins and losses I believe, though I am not too sure on how that works. C:

I hope you find your way around as best as you can, and if you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask!

-Symphony ♬
Last edited by Symphony on Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Symphony
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby V.E.E.T on Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:07 am

Hey there! I am new here too! This is a very fun site to rp. (I think so..) Nice to meet you. Bye Bye!

V.E.E.T
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:06 pm

A warm welcome to you both!

It's great to have new faces at RPG. So, Masako, what has prompted you to learn Japanese? Just something you've always wanted to, or are you doing it for University studies? I think you must be brilliant! I'm having hard enough time learning Spanish, let alone a completely foreign alphabet etc.

Hope you take some of Relly's great advice and jump right in!
Look forward to role playing with you,
Lilaiy

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:39 am

Masako... that's a much cooler nickname than my friends gave me, that's for sure. I envy you. D:
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:09 pm

Hey whats happening Masako! I am Aveline and welcome To RPG! It is nice to have you here! =D *gives a daisy*
Anyway check out those fancy links Symphony has given to you along with the fancy info and you will be well on your way!
I hope to see you around soon!

Aveline.

Avey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:33 am

Howdy-hey, Masako! And V.E.E.T, of course. xD I'm a bit of a late-comer to this thread, here, but I still wanted to just tip my hat and give a warm welcome all the same!

If y'all have any questions, you know who to come talk to!

VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!